NEI Cheat

Posts 1–15 of 42 · Page 1 of 3
NEI Cheat
So, I've gone about modifying NEI to allow any action without a server's approval of it.

I've never compiled a mod before, or used Java much, so how do I go about compiling the mod and making it work with the other mods (in the FTB packs for 1.4.7).

Just wondering what programs I'll need (if I already have the source code) or if there are any specific paths I need to compile to, stuff like that.

Thanks!

-- Side note: Expect a private release if I get this working

EDIT: If it helps any, I took the source directly from the 1.4.7 download section and modified it to my needs. When compiled, it should now correctly allow access to all of the OP-Only functions in the interface (such as spawning items, creative mode, rain toggle, etc).
Eclipse
msg2short
Quote Originally Posted by _elz View Post
Eclipse
msg2short
But how do I use Eclipse? I am not a Java developer, apologies. I just know how to read the code, not compile/write it.

I mean, not how do I use it, I know how to use it. I mean is there anything specific I need to compile it against or is it just load-and-go?
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
But how do I use Eclipse? I am not a Java developer, apologies. I just know how to read the code, not compile/write it.

I mean, not how do I use it, I know how to use it. I mean is there anything specific I need to compile it against or is it just load-and-go?
Idk, I don't know java, I only can make game on Unity
Silly question but tried mcp ? or the forge one if you are making it for modpacks.
you can't modify nei to give you resources without server's approval. such things can work only using some bugs or exploits in the server mecanism.
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
you can't modify nei to give you resources without server's approval. such things can work only using some bugs or exploits in the server mecanism.
Lol thats what he is trying to do look up tekkit force creative it uses recoding the nei to bypass server op aproval of creative soo it can be done,
Not true, the packets sent to the server are unprotected. All protection is client-side, and that means that I can edit the source of the client-side mod and disable any server-sided checks.

The server only checks to see if you are allowed to be displayed the interface options, but not the things that the options do.

That's where this comes into play, because you can simply not allow it to disable interface options.

Which is why nothing like creative mode, rain, time settings, etc. are displayed while in Cheat Mode.

This enables everything. I just need to know how to compile it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by hackroj View Post
Silly question but tried mcp ? or the forge one if you are making it for modpacks.
Link to the forge one? Since I'm making this for the FTB packs.

EDIT: Please note that this should work for 1.4.7 - 1.5.2 at the moment, as I have access to both versions of the mod and both versions of the game.
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
Not true, the packets sent to the server are unprotected. All protection is client-side, and that means that I can edit the source of the client-side mod and disable any server-sided checks.

The server only checks to see if you are allowed to be displayed the interface options, but not the things that the options do.

That's where this comes into play, because you can simply not allow it to disable interface options.

Which is why nothing like creative mode, rain, time settings, etc. are displayed while in Cheat Mode.

This enables everything. I just need to know how to compile it correctly.
EDIT: sent you a pm



Link to the forge one? Since I'm making this for the FTB packs.

EDIT: Please note that this should work for 1.4.7 - 1.5.2 at the moment, as I have access to both versions of the mod and both versions of the game.
Cant link to thread so i will post on your wall theres the newest 1.4.7 version and the 1.5.2
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
I've never compiled a mod before, or used Java much
Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
Not true, the packets sent to the server are unprotected. All protection is client-side, and that means that I can edit the source of the client-side mod and disable any server-sided checks.

The server only checks to see if you are allowed to be displayed the interface options, but not the things that the options do.
how can you be sure in such things? all the actions are controlled by the server. otherwise you can just modify your inventory using cheatengine or artmoney. you should make server to think the action is performed correctly, but you can't, because you don't have permission to do it.
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
how can you be sure in such things? all the actions are controlled by the server. otherwise you can just modify your inventory using cheatengine or artmoney. you should make server to think the action is performed correctly, but you can't, because you don't have permission to do it.
You dont understand NEI has server access and nei is the one that is unprotected not your inv thus cheat engine doesnt work if you can bypass nei op check you can give yourself items or creative mode again search tekkit force creative it has been done before.
Quote Originally Posted by hackroj View Post
search tekkit force creative it has been done before.
this is just a bug and got fixed in most servers.
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
this is just a bug and got fixed in most servers.
YEs a bug in the coding duh -_- the oilderick owner recoded nei so it ignores op and gives creative just like op is trying to do
Quote Originally Posted by hackroj View Post
YEs a bug in the coding duh -_- the oilderick owner recoded nei so it ignores op and gives creative just like op is trying to do
are you java coder? if yes, take mcp, eclipse and source code and just do it if it is so easy. if no, stop talking about things you don't know.
Quote Originally Posted by Skiftcha View Post
are you java coder? if yes, take mcp, eclipse and source code and just do it if it is so easy. if no, stop talking about things you don't know.
I am a decent java coder but have no experience with mcp thus cant decompile modpack.jar i can manualy decompile it but im lazy and also you do not know what you are talking about look at the force creative code it bypasses the check for op basicly instead of chekcking for op then giving creative it just gives creative.Secondly the owner of that client already explained how he did it and its just like i said he didnt recode the whole nei mod just the check part and he decided to not continue it.He also told people how to fix it.Anyways like i said its still possible.And i did not say it was easy i said it was possible check what i write before posting stupid things.
Posts 1–15 of 42 · Page 1 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us