[Tutorial] How to Replace your Assembly-CSharp.dll PROPERLY!

Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2
[Tutorial] How to Replace your Assembly-CSharp.dll PROPERLY!
NOTICE: MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT USE THE DEV BRANCHING!


So... A lot of people have posted on my LSRust release, and jeffwareham's Rust hack as well, claiming their 'E' key doesn't work... (along with not being able to place objects?).

One member has posted on his thread that the reason it doesn't work is because you installed it incorrectly.
Here is my tutorial on how to install a hacked Assembly-CSharp.dll properly.

  • Start by downloading your prefered modifications.
  • Navigate to your SteamApps/Common folder, this is where most new Steam games are being installed after the SteamPipe conversion.
    (You can usually find this folder in X:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/)
  • Look for a folder called 'rust'
  • Browse to rust/rust_Data/Managed


You want to be replacing ONLY Assembly-CSharp.dll (If you're deleting Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll you're doing something COMPLETELY WRONG!)

Here's an image of where you should be placing this file:

(Ignore the .backup/dontedit files you see in my folder, these are for me to keep track of stuff)

Hopefully this helps people out!

Credits go to @Vantblood for telling me about this.

Original Message:
Quote Originally Posted by Vantblood View Post
I ran into the "E" issue last night the problem is from using an outdated version of the sharp assembly you have to either rehack the assembly yourself or wait for someone to release an updated version of the hack... Liquidsystem put up a very easy to follow guide on how to hack your own assembly sharp file any programs you need to do it have a 14 day trial or are free. if you teach a man to fish he will never be hungry

edit :sorry thought a new update came out within the last 8 hours(been at work) this hack should work you just didn't install it properly my hacks i did from last night (after the update) are still working and i can still open crates and this one seems to be working as well just try copying over your assembly again
What if....when I replaced the file, my game starts but I can't log into a server?..
Quote Originally Posted by koshinator View Post
What if....when I replaced the file, my game starts but I can't log into a server?..
Press F1 and let me know if it says 'IncompatibleVersion' if so, you're using an old version of a hack.
Thank you & hopefully that clears up the errors. I found it odd it didn't work haha, as it worked just fine for us.
still doesnt't work
Quote Originally Posted by kukta View Post
still doesnt't work
What doesn't work.
PLEASE learn to be more specific when posting in a tutorial that teaches you how to do one of the most simple things in the world.
HUGE EDIT GUYS. Make sure you're not Opt'd in for betas!
Quote Originally Posted by liquidsystem View Post
HUGE EDIT GUYS. Make sure you're not Opt'd in for betas!
Why? Why do you want to not opt in for betas?
Quote Originally Posted by orlyy View Post
Why? Why do you want to not opt in for betas?
Different versions... You'll be getting the developer's build and we're only making hacks for the stable builds (plus you see almost no servers since they're 2 different updates)
Quote Originally Posted by liquidsystem View Post


Different versions... You'll be getting the developer's build and we're only making hacks for the stable builds (plus you see almost no servers since they're 2 different updates)
Ah, well.. We play on this one server, and it always runs the dev build, and it would appear to be working fine on there. Regardless, cheers.
Quote Originally Posted by orlyy View Post
Ah, well.. We play on this one server, and it always runs the dev build, and it would appear to be working fine on there. Regardless, cheers.
Really? Someone posted saying if you use the old Assembly-CSharp.dll it'll prevent you from placing objects/opening chests... But if it works +Cheers mate! ^-^ (I couldn't replicate the issues people posted so I can't really fix it myself).
Quote Originally Posted by liquidsystem View Post


Really? Someone posted saying if you use the old Assembly-CSharp.dll it'll prevent you from placing objects/opening chests... But if it works +Cheers mate! ^-^ (I couldn't replicate the issues people posted so I can't really fix it myself).
Well.. I couldn't open chests previous to this edit, on the non-dev build. However, on the dev build with this new .DLL, I can.

*edit* Actually, I couldn't place objects either on normal build as well, dev build/this edit seemed to fix it. Strange.
Quote Originally Posted by orlyy View Post
Well.. I couldn't open chests previous to this edit, on the non-dev build. However, on the dev build with this new .DLL, I can.
May I ask which DLL you used? Was it LSRust or jeffwareham's release? (to be honest he may be using the dev build branch and I'm not hehe)
Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us