Thanks

Steam Subscriber Agreement

It seems as if the Steam Subscriber Agreement allows the developers of their games to search your computer.
    4. ONLINE CONDUCT, CHEATING AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR

You agree that you will be personally responsible for the use of your Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your Account. Your online conduct and interaction with other Subscribers should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. Specific requirements may also be found in the Steam Online Conduct rules at Steam Online Conduct, other Rules of Use, the Subscription Terms, or in terms of use imposed by third parties who host particular games or other services.

Steam and the Software may include functionality designed to identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Software or modifications of Software (“Cheats”). You agree that you will not create Cheats or assist third parties in any way to create Cheats. You agree that you will not directly or indirectly disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with the operation of software designed to prevent or report the use of Cheats. You acknowledge and agree that either Valve or any online multiplayer host may refuse to allow you to participate in certain online multiplayer games if you use Cheats in connection with Steam or the Software. Further, you acknowledge and agree that an online multiplayer host may report your use of Cheats to Valve, and Valve may communicate your history of use of Cheats to other online multiplayer hosts. Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.

You may not use Cheats, automation software (bots), mods, hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software, to modify or automate any Subscription Marketplace process.
    Thoughts?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Pretty much bullshit. But ya it sucks :'(

Thanks
    If I'm not reading that wrong then it's only talking about processes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    OOOO If we look this up and it actually only says that can we SUE GARRY NEW MAN ? OR FUCK HIM OVER?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWilly View Post
    OOOO If we look this up and it actually only says that can we SUE GARRY NEW MAN ? OR FUCK HIM OVER?
    If it's illegal then it's "plausible" but the chance of actually winning against someone that has enough money to buy a decent lawyer, then I'd say no.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

If it's illegal then it's "plausible" but the chance of actually winning against someone that has enough money to buy a decent lawyer, then I'd say no.
    Now all we need is some rich hacker that plays Garry's Mod

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by MeepDarknessMeep View Post
    Now all we need is some rich hacker that plays Garry's Mod
    Or someone who has the right connections with the law or good connections with some really pro lawyers

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Either way if he is breaking the law he might have enough proof to say you still hacked so you will both be in the wrong.

Thanks
    However you turn it, cheating in a game that he "owns" gives him right to "take it away" from you.
    But you can't get fined for it, although. He can if he is actually doing what's been stated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Ya but alot were going going to sue him or whatev at the seth hack ban wave but then it got shrugged off because somehow everyone got convinced it was legal when it wasn't

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    i thought the whole point of Garry's Mod was to sorta screw around and such and install and make crazy mods this really blows :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWilly View Post
    Ya but alot were going going to sue him or whatev at the seth hack ban wave but then it got shrugged off because somehow everyone got convinced it was legal when it wasn't
    are you stupid

in the terms, it DIRECTLY states no cheating in Gmod or you risk your account

what he did is 100% legal and you cant bitch.

get over it