Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    The debate section is a joke lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gray View Post
    The Ark had THOUSANDS of animals, how were all of them tended by just eight people?
    To add to this, I don't see how they'd be able to have enough food for all of the animals.
    The boat would have been a massacre of most of the animals; you can't expect all animals to be together in one place to just get along.
    Also, I don't see how every animal could be in one place when some animals can only live in certain conditions that would kill most other animals.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post

Depends on what your meaning of boat is.
    A boat is understood to mean any vessel. 4 stadium wide raft would be SO CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE but not impossible.

I made my response when this thread was in General and asked for it to be moved to debate because it's going to provoke people. I wasn't necessarily trying to join in, lol..
    You give what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by flex1178 View Post
    I think there's a fine line between boat and raft.

^ That is what it would take to even come close to housing 2 of every animal on the planet and anything close to that or like it would be impossible for the time.
    Granted there was likely a lot less different types of animals back then, it still, as you say. Would be theoretically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

To add to this, I don't see how they'd be able to have enough food for all of the animals.
    The boat would have been a massacre of most of the animals; you can't expect all animals to be together in one place to just get along.
    Also, I don't see how every animal could be in one place when some animals can only live in certain conditions that would kill most other animals.
    and then having it keep above water with all that cargo, then all the food they'd likely must have had and then their own food and.. yeah.
    Yeah. So much space and weight.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    .... ]Mr. Gray did you get this shit from american dad..... I mean I support everything your saying but found that funny as fuck. lol
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Have a nice day.
    to go into mathematics instead of just philosophical thought

the earth was created in three days and the stars in one.

there are nearly 800 billion planned galaxies in the universe.

there are hundreds of millions of stars in each galaxy.

add a 42 with 27 zeros behind it and you have exactly how many days the stars should have taken to make.

42,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 days.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    the bible is a massive fucking hole itself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post

gonna repeat myself here, yay for more post count.

"I made my response when this thread was in General and asked for it to be moved to debate because it's going to provoke people. I wasn't necessarily trying to join in, lol.."
    >Puts two cents in about the subject.
    >"lol wasn't trying to debate"

You could've easily just tagged whoever to move the thread to the debate fort.

Anyways, yes it is completely impossible during those times to build a boat/vessel or whatever you may call it big enough to carry that many Animals.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

FlexGod (05-13-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post

>Puts two cents in about the subject.
    >"lol wasn't trying to debate"

You could've easily just tagged whoever to move the thread to the debate fort.

Anyways, yes it is completely impossible during those times to build a boat/vessel or whatever you may call it big enough to carry that many Animals.
    Yay again for more post count.

I acknowledged his opinion, then I gave mine. I wasn't looking for further conversation on the matter.
    I thought that was spelled out pretty well, but apparently you didn't grasp that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    Okay, one Question..
    If the Ark Story is true, God is a Mass Murderer, right?
    Why i should pray for him?
    To Kill me too? I think i get this goal without God, too

Religion is only for People who are too lazy for using their brains. Thats my oppinion.

Thanks
    Religion is only for People who are too lazy for using their brains.
    The bible was written over a long period, i'm not a christian but people tend to look at the negative parts of scriptures which probably was written by some random.
    Imagine all religions as a means to connect with god. There is truth in all scriptures but, that doesn't mean theres some things which probably aren't true and are false. Seems like a lot of people tend to think of religious people as superstitions nut jobs. Seeing that people consider the word "god" as something literal as an entity, which is not what a lot of religions portray. Now that you say that people who are religious are lazy? Most people who say shit like that have done little to no research on religious beliefs, but see some idiotic religious people who say they follow a religion but contradict the teachings of it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Now that you say that people who are religious are lazy? Most people who say shit like that have done little to no research on religious beliefs
    I've readen the Bible, the Quran, was busy with hinduism, buddhism and esotheric.
    All of them have good Parts. But all of them illogically, but i'm Software Developer.
    No Space for illogically. If i just believe that my code is working, i can't sell it I have to know it.

If you don't like my opinion, i feel sorry for you, but i won't change it.
    There is no God, so i dint need a religion for connecting.
    People which are talking with them self are crazy, but People which are talking to a fictitious person aren't?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRohsoft View Post
    I've readen the Bible, the Quran, was busy with hinduism, buddhism and esotheric.
    All of them have good Parts. But all of them illogically, but i'm Software Developer.
    No Space for illogically. If i just believe that my code is working, i can't sell it I have to know it.

If you don't like my opinion, i feel sorry for you, but i won't change it.
    There is no God, so i dint need a religion for connecting.
    People which are talking with them self are crazy, but People which are talking to a fictitious person aren't?
    I respect your opinion, but most of the time when you argue back and fourth with an atheist and religious person there's no point.
    It's like kicking the dead donkey, nothings going to come out of it. You won't understand my points because you probably don't want to.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
    It's fascinating and depressing at the same time that both the Bible and Quran have so many fairy tales/flaws in them but yet billions of people believe in God.
    People need a way to justify existence.
    The whole evolution thing is quite a long shot to believe in to, even if it's kinda proven. Just the thought of us coming from some other species, and becoming the destroyer of earth is kind of unfathomable.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    The bible was written over a long period, i'm not a christian but people tend to look at the negative parts of scriptures which probably was written by some random.
    For a religion that claims an omniscient, omnitemporal, omnipresent, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent supreme being, there seems to be an unusual amount of their written word that possesses "negative parts" and contradictory scripture.
    For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5
    The Lord is good to all. —Psalms 145:9

For every man shall bear his own burden. —Galatians 6:2
    Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. —Galatians 6:2

I may go on if you so desire me to do so.
    Imagine all religions as a means to connect with god. There is truth in all scriptures but, that doesn't mean theres some things which probably aren't true and are false.
    Then not all scripture hold truth, probably.

Seems like a lot of people tend to think of religious people as superstitions nut jobs.
    Well personally, I see someone who believes that they should mutilate their children for the satisfaction of a supreme being as having a few screws loose.

Seeing that people consider the word "god" as something literal as an entity, which is not what a lot of religions portray.
    Though atleast 55% of the world's population believe in a God that is a literal entity, according to a 2012 pew research study.

Now that you say that people who are religious are lazy? Most people who say shit like that have done little to no research on religious beliefs, but see some idiotic religious people who say they follow a religion but contradict the teachings of it.
    Don't worry brother, I see religious people who follow the teachings of their religion as lazy too. That is, "Why do you not rape and murder those around you? Because some three thousand-odd year old writings told me not to do so." "Excuse me my friend, why does the sun shine so brightly in the sky? Because God made it do so."

tl;dr
    Go back and fucking read it.
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    For a religion that claims an omniscient, omnitemporal, omnipresent, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent supreme being, there seems to be an unusual amount of their written word that possesses "negative parts" and contradictory scripture.
    For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5
    The Lord is good to all. —Psalms 145:9

For every man shall bear his own burden. —Galatians 6:2
    Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. —Galatians 6:2
    I'm not a christian, I was speaking on behalf of the scripture i've read from my religion.

Then not all scripture hold truth, probably.
    Whats the point? I stated that all scriptures hold truth, but most scriptures also hold some sort of falseness. In my view for example, I do not believe that the Earth was created 6000 years ago. If you research Sikhism and read it's scripture you will come across a lot of logical explanations. A lot of things I guarantee you learn will be things you probably already see as the truth.

Well personally, I see someone who believes that they should mutilate their children for the satisfaction of a supreme being as having a few screws loose.
    Refer back to my point above. [but most scriptures also hold some sort of falseness.] Theres a reason we are born with certain functions and features, let your body be as natural as possible. I do not know agree with the practise of circumcising children.

Though atleast 55% of the world's population believe in a God that is a literal entity, according to a 2012 pew research study.
    This is where you see the less intelligent religious people come into the picture. A good proportion of religious people don't actually read the scriptures or even follow the teachings of their religion most of the time. We have people claiming to be christians or muslims or hindus, sikhs etc... yet, most of these "religious" people are only following the religion because their parents did. If you usually meet a person who is more aware of what their following and isn't blindly following a religion assigned by their parents you will see them as being more intelligent. Let me put this out as best as I can, God isn't a literal entity, there is no gender or description of what or who God is.

Don't worry brother, I see religious people who follow the teachings of their religion as lazy too. That is, "Why do you not rape and murder those around you? Because some three thousand-odd year old writings told me not to do so." "Excuse me my friend, why does the sun shine so brightly in the sky? Because God made it do so."
    I see religious people who follow the teachings of their religion as lazy too
    These are individuals or should I say a large number of religious people who simply rely on what others tell them.

Why do you not rape and murder those around you? Because some three thousand-odd year old writings told me not to do so.
    I think most would say that they don't rape or murder because its against the law and it's a crime. Even morally you know its wrong so you shouldn't do it. Again i've never heard a religious person say that they wouldn't rape or murder because it's against their religion. The only answer I would receive is what I mentioned above.

Excuse me my friend, why does the sun shine so brightly in the sky? Because God made it do so.
    Again, you bring up comments that a illogical religious person would say. Just because i'm religious doesn't mean I would use those terms.
    Last edited by Gaydow; 05-14-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast