Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

You can always buy that keypad thing for the controller.

And to make the entire idea of a hypervisor even more simplistic to understand, you have three OS's. One controls the entertainment aspect of the console (the apps), one controls the gaming, and one is the master OS. The master OS controls the hardware resources, as well as the other two OS's. When you're using the entertainment side, the master OS allocates all of the resources to that OS and gives it full access to the hardware. When you are using the gaming side of the OS, the master OS allocates as many of the resources as are available from the console to the game. So if a game needs 6 GB of RAM for some reason, the master OS will allocate that 6 GB of RAM for the game rather than having the developer limited to the 5 that it would normally be able to use without the hypervisor. All in all, this means that the developer as more access to the RAM than initial perceived.
    Ah. Even easier to understand at the cost of me feeling a bit stupid now
    When people have been drinking

Thanks though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    SmartGlass is relevant depending on what in particular you wanted to use bluetooth for. Bluetooth offers significantly less range and far smaller data transmission rates. SmartGlass is a software platfrom that offers a way to communicate with the console via Wifi - I don't know what the fuck else you'd be doing with bluetooth.

Are you looking for standard Human Interface Devices to communicate with the Xbox One? To share media? I don't understand why you want bluetooth so badly.

Bluetooth is just a standard for wireless communication, wifi is another with longer range and larger data rates - I really don't understand your argument.

I am not asking you "Why is bluetooth important?" I am asking you "Why the fuck do you want bluetooth over wifi?" I am not arguing that bluetooth doesn't have its applications, but I am arguing that it isn't better than wifi - and further that the communication platform MS wants to setup with smartglass won't be supported by bluetooth.

Bluetooth is good because it consumes much less power and the interface is much simpler - however the devices on which SmartGlass will be deployed aren't simple devices and they will contain a wifi module as well. The primary target would be modern phones\itouches and tablets.
    Bluetooth is essential so you can connect already existing hardware to your system without spending money up the butt for new -custom- high priced hardware.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

Bluetooth is essential so you can connect already existing hardware to your system without spending money up the butt for new -custom- high priced hardware.
    Don't you get that's the point? Buy microsoft's special USB-Bluetooth dongle that only works with the Xbox.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123