Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Nietzsche would say that even pondering the idea of the meaning/point/value in life is useless, because you will never know for certain, and the lack of an answer is just going to depress you. It's a pointless course of thought.

Thanks
    I believe to myself that when I die, I will rot in a box in the ground.
    Simple as that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    So your question would be, "What happens after you die?", is what I'm seeing.

No one is promised tomorrow. The only thing we can count on is today.

Many people around the world turn to religion to answer questions about death and the afterlife, especially when someone is facing his or her own mortality. Strangely, even a brief glance at many of the world’s religions reveals that many theologies glamorize death, promising rewards in the afterlife, including increased understanding of God and the universe and even, in some cases, supernatural powers that were unavailable during the mortal life. Death often seems more attractive than being alive.

Clearly, the only way to decipher this profound mystery is to find an authoritative source of truth that will expose all error and remove the need for speculation. Are we fortunate enough to have such an authority? We believe so.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral.kizaru View Post
    Does anybody believe in/fear hell? I guess the question is related to the topic and I was interested in others' thoughts.
    Absolutely not personally. I was exposed to religion when I was younger and it seemed all the churches I attended only wanted our $. That led me to question their practices because if they have such a good relationship with their so called "god" why do they pester us for our hard earned money? One of the biggest scams on the planet if you ask me.

But to each their own, whatever helps people sleep at night lol.
    No longer use this website.

Thanks
    I do question religion a lot as well, but the way hell is described is scary as fuck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    For the non religious people here:

We're just living, existing, until we die, and then we rot.
    Its the hard reality, and I was wondering if any of you guys think about that when you're feeling down?
    Is it just me?
    I got the same feeling.
    Just set a goal for your life.
    Mine is to get to the highest education and then spit on those who called me stupid and dumb.
    And my dark side wants to kill.
    Wierd shit.
    "People don't change.
    Circumstances do."

"Trying to find succes without working hard is like trying to harvest where you did not sow"

Bullpop

Will be my supp in LoL

You spin me right round right round

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphemistic View Post
    So your question would be, "What happens after you die?", is what I'm seeing.

No one is promised tomorrow. The only thing we can count on is today.

Many people around the world turn to religion to answer questions about death and the afterlife, especially when someone is facing his or her own mortality. Strangely, even a brief glance at many of the world’s religions reveals that many theologies glamorize death, promising rewards in the afterlife, including increased understanding of God and the universe and even, in some cases, supernatural powers that were unavailable during the mortal life. Death often seems more attractive than being alive.

Clearly, the only way to decipher this profound mystery is to find an authoritative source of truth that will expose all error and remove the need for speculation. Are we fortunate enough to have such an authority? We believe so.
    I'm already certain that after life, a black 'nothing' occurs. I'm just wondering if some people just sit down in the grass and regret it all for a while aswell
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks

I'm already certain that after life, a black 'nothing' occurs. I'm just wondering if some people just sit down in the grass and regret it all for a while aswell
    Just don't try to think about it, that's why people get depressed, just live your life to the fullest, and it will happen when it will happen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon. View Post
    You mean living life in a relationship with God, then spending eternity in Heaven being 100% sure about it? I can't wait to meet God!
    I'd have to see a lightning bolt shoved up a persons ass by no force at all to believe there is a magical power out there
    But then I'd say the figure created by men aka god is a sadist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicXPharaoh View Post
    Just don't try to think about it, that's why people get depressed, just live your life to the fullest, and it will happen when it will happen
    I'm not afraid of death, and even though it sounds arrogant and ignorant, its the truth. I'm going to the marines to fight as an anti-terrorism force for a reason
    I would be happy to embrace death, because the only thing I would care about at that point is no longer existing. Once I'd be dead I'd have nothing to think about, so thats probably why so many people commit suicide leaving their kids behind.
    Its a sad sad thought, knowing that you either die as a legend because you were chosen to die like that by life, or you die as a casual man who had a kid and a wife.

With great power comes great electricity bill
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    I do think this everyday, even when I'm not feeling down. That's why you got to make something from your life. Don't be pessimistic and complain about your FirstWorld problems, but live your life. Be optimistic.
    I got abused by Arun and exposed him

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by √ince View Post
    I do think this everyday, even when I'm not feeling down. That's why you got to make something from your life. Don't be pessimistic and complain about your FirstWorld problems, but live your life. Be optimistic.
    Looks like its even worse on you then me. I only think about it when I'm done working my ass off and sitting down on the grass staring at the stars. Philosophing about life..

But hey, I'm a fresh atheist, so maybe I'll reach you one day.

With great power comes great electricity bill
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Looks like its even worse on you then me. I only think about it when I'm done working my ass off and sitting down on the grass staring at the stars. Philosophing about life..

But hey, I'm a fresh atheist, so maybe I'll reach you one day.
    You'll never know and I can't say if it's worse on me because I just like to think about life.
    I got abused by Arun and exposed him

Thanks
    I do not only think about it when I'm down, the thought of dying always and always cross my mind, I can relate literally anything to dying.
    I'm kind of used to it now, but it's still bothersome to never find peace and quiet in your own head or while you sleep.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by √ince View Post
    You'll never know and I can't say if it's worse on me because I just like to think about life.
    I'm not feeling down at the moment, so feeling you is hard for me. I do get your point though, and it makes damn sense.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast