Networking isn't really my thing so I'm just guessing here.
Just follow me on this and correct me if I'm wrong.

A server has to process all of the called data and the called data is what gets sent to your browser while you browse your website, this page.
The more data you have on this server, the slower it gets, right?

So, to my understanding you are against removing old users that isn't active anymore. Lets call them dormant.
These dormant accounts take up unnecessary space now doesn't it? Doesn't it cause a degree of lag?

My idea was, since you don't like the idea of removing "users". What I define a user to be is that they have been on the forum and maybe at least have posted one post at one point, or pressed like. (Possibly being logged in within a few years of span?)

So these un-activated users that hasn't even logged in once, shouldn't they be able to be removed or at least archived so that you free up some space, latency and names for people that might actually want to use them. A good example of archiving is giving them their profileID as a name and moving them off the server and maybe re-instating them if so happens someone DO actually want to log in.

This is my idea to maybe "optimize" MPGH a little bit, but then again, this is all just theoretical I know nothing of behind the works here.
I bring this up mainly because it's almost impossible to browse MPGH without spending all of your surf-time on your cellphone and because I have wanted to change my name quite a few times but each and every single time I come up with a name that's fitting for me and my personality some in-active user took it back in 2009 and hasn't been active since, most of the time they haven't even been activated at all and has NEVER been logged on.

Thanks for reading, is this a possibility or am I way off how this network could be working?