Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (11/1/13) - Halloween Edition

43rd Edition - Halloween Edition
    11/1/13

MPGH 1, MPGH 1.5, and MPGH.. 2?
    MPGH1, the infamous MSN chatroom that is invitation only, has been dead for the past week. Dave84311, and arunforce are nowhere to be found on MSN or in the chat group causing many of the members to have withdrawals of their daily Dave and arun. Earlier this week, when Dave did pop onto MSN, he got off shortly after as he was very sick which is why he's been absent for the past week. Blake created a thread allowing members to post their MSN email to possibly be invited into MPGH1 (even though he doesn't have group ownership or permissions to do so). Many speculate he did it for Dave84311 to look at when he comes back as having some fresh new members in MPGH1 would spice it up. If you'd like to possibly be invited to MPGH1, or see who's posted their email, go here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/754276-mpgh1.html

Just a few days ago, Raple Syrup created a thread starting up MPGH 1.5, a sequal to MPGH1. Go figure. He asked that members post their email and he would be starting the new chat, but it never flourished... yet. You can view this thread here.

User News

- Donate to MPGH today! You can donate via Amazon Gift Card or through PayPal!

Postbans

Congratulations to @****** BLUE TURD on achieving 10,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Wassabi? on achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @Flengo on achieving 7,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @HeroicXPharaoh on achieving 2,000 posts!

Birthdays

Happy Birthday to @√ince!
    Happy Birthday to @apLascencia!
    Happy Birthday to @shaheet!
    Happy Birthday to @WumboKnight!

Resignations/Demotions

@Nico and @Ravallo are no longer Global Moderators. Good luck with everything guys.

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/INTERVIEWS.png[/IMG]
    Interview - Aborted

Euphemistic: Hello Aborted, how are you today?
    Aborted: Rather good, how about yourself?
    Euphemistic: I'm good, thanks for asking. So when exactly did you first join MPGH? Why would you do such a thing?
    Aborted: Around the '07-'08 time I was just starting to play a lot of online shooters and MMO's, and would always have my ass handed to me on a silver platter. So me being the cheater I am, looked up hacks and arrived here. I didn't contribute a single thing at the time, and simply leeched for about 2-3 years. In late 2010, I started playing Combat Arms, and wanted revenge on the hackers. Then, bang I found my way back here.
    Euphemistic: Sounds like an instantenous joy, then rage. I used to be a CA player as well, didn't like it that much. I just went on and played Crossfire. As many members have noticed, you're very intelligent and quite an individual. How were you able to do this?
    Aborted: I've always had a ravenous thirst for knowledge, and the vast bounds of the internet quench it rather well. In all actuality, I've most likely learned more online than in all my years of schooling.
    Euphemistic: I've heard you dropped out of both High School and College. Why is that?
    Aborted: Indeed true. Though I love learning, I will forever retain an absolute loathing for most Education systems. At the time which was the latter half of my Junior year, I was going through some big problems with drugs and violence, and decided that the best remedy would be to take a break from school. At the time I had already far exceeded what they could teach me, so it didn't affect me that heavily. I then went to college to become a Mechanical Engineer, and went for a while but dropped due to financial issues.
    Euphemistic: That's good and bad at the same time. So what do you normally do on your spare time?
    Aborted: MPGH (Obviously), write poetry, write music, record music, listen to music, game, hang out with a few of my buddies. The usual stuff.
    Euphemistic: I too likes to write a poetry myself. I write music, but never record them. Do you like art? Music is art, am I right?
    Aborted: The ever present goal of art is to bring out emottion in the audience.
    Euphemistic: Indeed. So I have a few questions, that might seem fun, if you wouldn't mind answering them.
    Aborted: Shoot.
    Euphemistic: I've been working my way into the culinary world, and I've always had an interested in knowing what types of food people like and why. What is your favorite dish and/or type of food?
    Aborted: Definitely Pizza or anything with cheese in it. I'm an addict when it comes to cheese.
    Euphemistic: Have you ever ate a sushi?
    Aborted: To be honest, I haven't.
    Euphemistic: One last question. If you could change any history you've had over the past years, what would it be?
    Aborted: Win the lottery.
    Euphemistic: That would have sounded great, but too bad it didn't happen. Jokes. Now, before we end this interview, would you like to give a shout-outs?
    Aborted: Shout out to the Jimmy Rustlers.
    Euphemistic: Alright, thank you for your time Aborted, I quite enjoyed reading all the stuff you wrote. Once again, thank you.
    Aborted: Thank you as well. Have a great night.

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/GAMING-NEWS.png[/IMG]

Slender: The Arrival Available On Steam

Indie survival horror Slender: The Arrival is now available on Steam with some exclusive content, just in time for Halloween, and it's 20% off until November 4th!
    Blue Isle Studios say that for all customers who already purchased the game through their website, the license key will be redeemable for a free Steam code, and that the additional Steam content will be available in an update.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/slender_steam.png[/img]
    Originally released on March 26, 2013 on the offical Slender: The Arrival website, this game is the sequel of Slender: The Eight Pages, itself released back in 2012 as a prototype.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/sta.jpg[/img]
    The Steam version of the game delves deeper into the story, and features brand new twists and extended content. We also support achievements, trading cards, cloud saves and leaderboards. - Blue Isle Studios

CS:GO Opens Weapon Finishes Workshop

As you may know, the Counter Strike Community has a vast amount of custom content. That’s why Valve opens the Weapon Finishes Workshop to players who want to create their own weapon skins in Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Starting today, you can create and submit your own weapon finishes to the CS: GO Workshop, the highest rated skins may find their way into the arsenal of Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
    Are you interested? Then, Valve has some tools for you to help players properly generate finishes. When players use the Workshop Workbench, players can both view and edit their creations to see how they reflect on weapons in the game client.
    In an extensive Index of Web Pages, Valve provides us with information about patterns, solid colors and masking. This pages will give us hints on what content creators must know for a finished, quality weapon skin.
    What are you waiting for? Start making your own finishes or if you're not a talented artist but you want to help others, then head over to the Steam Workshop to vote on your favorite designs.

Steam Reaches 65 Million Accounts

Valve announced 30% growth in active accounts during the trailing 12 months on Steam, a leading platform for PC, Mac, and Linux software.
    “The main goal of Steam has always been to increase the quality of the user's experience by reducing the distance between content creators and their audience,” said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve.
    “…As the platform grows, our job is to adapt to the changing needs of both the development and user communities. In the coming year, we plan to make perhaps our most significant collaborations with both communities through the Steam Dev Days and the Steam Machines beta.”
    Now offering over 3,000 games and software titles to over 65 million accounts, 2013 also marked Steam's 10 year anniversary of providing services to gamers. Expanding upon that history, Steam gamers saw the introduction of several new service features during the year, including Family Sharing, Steam Trading Cards, Early Access, and support for Linux titles.
    Looking ahead to 2014, Valve looks to expand Steam's services and offerings to gamers and developers by holding the Steam Developer Days in Seattle, WA this January and rolling out the recently announced Steam Machines with a variety of hardware partners later in the year.

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/Global-News.png[/IMG]

Nyaope, ravaging South Africa.

A young girl in BOKSBURG, South Africa named Mpho tried the latest cocktail drug called, Nyaope.. “I wanted to feel happy” – “And I felt so happy and so high – I had never felt such a thing before” these quotes may sound great but little did she know, what was in the drug.

It was recently scientifically tested and came out positive for Marijuana, Low-grade heroin, rat poison and antiretroviral, which are used to treat HIV.

Nyaope, also called “Whoonga,” is such a addictive drug that it’s already ravaged South Africa’s impoverished townships, It’s affordable and extremely addictive.

The details of Nyaope are local but the story is now universal, Nasty by nature, nasty by name. Cheap cocktail drugs are an increasingly destructive issue in multiple parts of the world, It’s critical to stop it at the source.

According to South Africa’s President, Jacob Zuma, “The Nation’s young are becoming slaves of drugs such as Nyaope.”

In no way is he wrong.

After Nyaope gripped it’s hands around Mpho’s lungs she quickly became addicted and fell into a cycle of stealing and selling her body to make money to buy the drug. For about three years Mpho lived with her dealers, who pimped her out to customers.

What if we lost the Amazon?

The Amazon rainforest is best known for its vibrant wildlife and endless canopy. But it also plays a key role in the world’s climate.

The Amazon generates rainclouds that water some of the world's largest farms and crops, from Argentina to Texas. It also helps keep us from Global Warming.

As the tools we use in everyday life spit out greenhouse emissions into the atmosphere, the Amazon's boundless plantlife has been taking in that excess carbon.

But the rainforest is in trouble.

In 2005, the upper Amazon was struck by the worst drought on record. Another followed in 2010.

Scientists are now saying that Global Warming's effect on Climate Change is raising our temperature and reducing rainfall. Meanwhile logging, farming and harvesting of minerals are accelerating the drying out of the forest.

Tropical ecologist Greg Asner, with the Carnegie Institution for Science, has invented new ways to make map changes in the forest from an airplane. His cutting-edge technology has shown dramatic changes in just a few years.

"The worst case is that we could lose almost all of the basin,” Asner says in this GlobalPost video that was filmed in the skies above the Amazon.

Anonymous back on track?

Hackers inside the infamous group known as Anonymous are pumping up their game ready to attack any number of databases in Assad, used by gov.sy web domains and are already targeting more government systems.

Anons behind the Operation OPSyria gained access to servers used by a Syrian Patent Office hosted at spo.gov.sy and later leaked internal documents to the world.

Those involved in the operation have not sided with any Syrian opposition groups, nor have they declared any alliance with the Free Syrian Army or other anti-Assad militias.

But the hackers consider all Syrian Government servers targets. And they hope to discover hidden files through hacks that incriminate the Syrian Government for its involvement in a civil conflict that has cost well over 100,000 lives since 2011.

‘Hey. We're still watching you — and we're going to keep doing this until your people realize that they are our ally,’” said an Anon involved in OpSyria.

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/Technology-News.png[/IMG]

A True DIY Cyborg

Tim Cannon, a self-professed Body Modification fan, has never been satisfied with his body. Rather than live like the rest of us, he’s taken one more step into the future of Cyborgs with his newest modification. Dubbed “The Circadia 1.0”, the new bio-device is implanted under the skin of the buyer, and transmits real time temperature data to an external device. Designed and built my Tim and the rest of Gridhouse Wetware, a collective of engineers, programmers, and so-called “Biohackers”, plan to re-engineer a better human body.

About the size of a matchbox, the Circadia is still rather large and presents many issues due to it. On the other hand, it presents a major leap forward into DIY body modification, that may see a new trend of bio-engineers.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

Credits go to @Doc and @Euphemistic for creating the Halloween themed headers. Thank you!
    Last edited by Psychotic; 11-03-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Annie, the Dark Child (01-16-2014),Black (11-04-2013),Brian Moser (01-03-2014),Terrified (11-03-2013),DarkLordXYZ (11-07-2013),Delko DJ (11-03-2013),Euphemistic (11-03-2013),[MPGH]Flengo (11-03-2013),Frosty' (11-08-2013),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (11-03-2013),Josh (11-03-2013),KillTheNoise (11-03-2013),Mauled (11-03-2013),[MPGH]Mayion (11-13-2013),Pepsi Cola (02-15-2014),pkthenubs (11-27-2013),Raple (11-03-2013),Ravallo (11-03-2013),tyronethugna (11-03-2013),WarWood (11-23-2013),Xusiy (11-20-2013),Youtro (11-03-2013)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Delko DJ For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Psychotic (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Nice. But didn't you post Snapes interview before?

I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being. -Wilde

Donator Since: 14 January 2014
    Editor Since: 10 August 2013
    Manager Since: 27 September 2013
    Middleman Since: 31 January 2014
    BattleOn Minion Since: 13 August 2013
    Dragon Nest Minion Since: 12 September 2013
    Minecraft Minion Since: Don't Remember
    Social Games Minion Since: Don't Remember
    Realm Of The Mad God Minion Since: Don't Remember
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion Since: Don't Remember
    Pharaoh #5: 2 January 2014
    Former Staff Since: 5 February 2015

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Thunder (11-03-2013)

With great power comes great electricity bill
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. And yeah like 3 weeks ago^
    I got abused by Arun and exposed him

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    It's good I love this one

Thanks
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/7-news-ann...0-11-13-a.html

Snapes interview is here, why is it posted again?

[X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Interesting News, thanks!

Thanks
    Second time in the news?
    [IMG]https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v161/punksurferchick/Gifs/iaintevenmad.gif[/IMG]

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snape For This Useful Post:

Scotia (11-05-2013),Euphemistic (11-03-2013),Jim (11-03-2013),Josh (11-03-2013),KillTheNoise (11-03-2013),[MPGH]Psychotic (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good job on this

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/7-news-ann...0-11-13-a.html

Snapes interview is here, why is it posted again?
    Thought it wasn't used before. Sorry, Thunder. Sorry to disappoint.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Nice work.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    That's a relief. PHEWWWWW

Thanks
    Thank you for the news.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Good edition, the bio engineering crap was weird.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Great edition guys

Those Halloween headers are looking pretty nice.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (11-04-2013)