Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rommel18329 View Post
    That's fucked up, after all the shit you've done >.<
    gyazo . com / 820eb36f9398f1946d3b7a28d9407cb5 . png (remove the spaces)

This is what you get after investing a year of your time revitalizing a section, revolutionizing the marketplace to prevent scamming and bringing people to MPGH to release content for their members. 0 infractions, never broke a rule and I get a two year ban.

Not to mention the new minions don't even know anything about the Arma language either so good luck to them moderating a section that will see no new content.

Pro tip to all: Don't fight with the Mods as Flengo will have you banned just because he can even though they weren't following their own rules.

Me and Distraught were part of the Scripting community from the beginning and losing us is probably the most damaging thing you could do to this section so kudos to you mpgh staff. Kudos.
    Last edited by Confin3d1; 01-21-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

Do share who was this 'evident' choice. We do our best to keep to local section people in applications. However let's make something pretty clear. Since minions were created, we do not require any of them to ACTUALLY play the game. Is it a bonus? Sure. The same goes for coders etc. Do you honestly think GM's and upper staff own, play, and/or code for the hundreds of games in this site? let's be realistic. Feel free to complain, QQ, and all other things you wish to do, but do remember in the end, WE determine who meets our criteria and who doesn't.
    Thanks for a response Liz, i have taken on board your revelations. I think I had mistakenly thought minions would actually have a vested interest in a game before being accepted to moderate. To answer your question, no i don't think all GMs and "upper staff" etc have played every single game, in fact, that's a ridiculous thing to suggest even as an example, but i think 99.9% of people who visit this website would assume that a minion would have a good knowledge on the game they are moderating or at least have played it.

from now on i can expect a minion to know nothing about the game they are minion for. thanks for confirming this alarming fact about the way mpgh picks staff
    Last edited by Jme; 01-21-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Confin3d1 View Post
    gyazo . com / 820eb36f9398f1946d3b7a28d9407cb5 . png (remove the spaces)

This is what you get after investing a year of your time revitalizing a section, revolutionizing the marketplace to prevent scamming and bringing people to MPGH to release content for their members. 0 infractions, never broke a rule and I get a two year ban.

Not to mention the new minions don't even know anything about the Arma language either so good luck to them moderating a section that will see no new content.

Pro tip to all: Don't fight with the Mods as Flengo will have you banned just because he can even they weren't following their own rules.

Me and Distraught were part of the Scripting community from the beginning and losing us is probably the most damaging thing you could do to this section so kudos to you mpgh staff. Kudos.
    their loss, not urs...

the way i see it, mpgh has somehow either just banned or pissed off literally every person who has contributed hacks to the dayz board. congrats to them for that.

actually, they didn't ban infistar, but he codes anti hacks, go figure.
    Last edited by Jme; 01-21-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by evskin View Post
    from now on i can expect a minion to know nothing about the game they are minion for
    It's really not that big of a deal. File analysis isn't rocket science. This has always been prevalent. Minions will take up multiple sections for games they have no knowledge about. @Flengo learned the curve here fairly quickly as I'm sure the new minions will too. Though, he is pretty sharp. I will say that throwing people who aren't native to the DayZ Section (and actually know what they're talking about) is different from any other game and is kind of annoying to see. The whole scripting side of things is difficult to grasp and monitor over. Even Flengo had problems, but he generally listened to people who knew what they were doing.

Also, in response to Kegan (Lystic), regardless of where you release your stuff or even if you sell it, it will in one way or another end up on here, lol.

...And the world keeps on spinning...
    Last edited by Woodhouse; 01-21-2014 at 11:49 PM.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woodhouse For This Useful Post:

Bernard (01-25-2014),[MPGH]Flengo (01-21-2014),Jim (01-22-2014),Gray (01-22-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post

It's really not that big of a deal. File analysis isn't rocket science. This has always been prevalent. Minions will take up multiple sections for games they have no knowledge about. @Flengo learned the curve here fairly quickly as I'm sure the new minions will too. Though, he is pretty sharp. I will say that throwing people who aren't native to the DayZ Section (and actually know what they're talking about) is different from any other game and is kind of annoying to see. The whole scripting side of things is difficult to grasp and monitor over. Even Flengo had problems, but he generally listened to people who knew what they were doing.

Also, in response to Kegan (Lystic), regardless of where you release your stuff or even if you sell it, it will in one way or another end up on here, lol.

...And the world keeps on spinning...
    Have to thank you for aiding me through that time

Seriously, you could use this as an example. Instead of hating on them, actually helping them and explaining things to them helps a lot. This was done for me, and I caught along pretty well.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

Symmetrical (01-22-2014),Gray (01-22-2014)

Thanks
    For your own benefit and to add on what has been stated before.
    I might not have years or even months of knowledge in this particular section, as a matter of fact, I got the game fairly recently and I love it.
    I catch on quick.

So instead of acting like a bunch of children, which I assume you actually might be - I think that you are all bright enough to understand that everyone at some point is new at something and nobody can know everything.
    You could correct and contest anything happening here. If there's an issue, errors or maybe you feel mistreated, it only takes you a minute or two to send a VM, PM or whatever else way you might want to contact the currently selected staff.
    I'm not impossible to deal with, it's called respect and it's mutual.

Just let us help you and you'll feel better at the end of the day.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertice View Post

4+ Patched reports
    1+ Ban reports
    The date of creation - 02-02-2013

You're free to download the attachment if you believe it's still not patched, however I would not advise it.
    Script dont get patched nor get detected by Battleye. Testing a menu before giving it the prefix patched is appriciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwrath505 View Post

"zomg ples m4ke free hacks, im too lazy t0 get source code and update offsets." - MPGH 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by xCyberxx View Post
    Script dont get patched nor get detected by Battleye. Testing a menu before giving it the prefix patched is appriciated...
    Apologies Cyberxx. I only had the safety of MPGH members in mind when I deemed it 'Patched'.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You all are being stupid. They are doing their job.

The best part of it is, you guys are so blind that you go make threads and accusations before you really and truly look at the issue you are claiming is their fault.
    there's nothing left for you here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anti For This Useful Post:

Symmetrical (01-22-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Thread closed, I've had enough of listening to people complain. If you don't like the way MPGH picks Minions, go somewhere else.

Liz tries her best to pick the best applicants, I understand I do not have that many posts in the DayZ section nor do I have experience, yet. I will try my hardest to be a helpful and contributing minion.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

//Closed.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12