Updating jOryx a Java RotMG Client
gjOryx
For reasons that can be found here, I will be starting a community project to update jOryx. This thread will be sorta like the effort to update marine power's proxy (which contains a lot of useful information).
So far I've updated it so you can connect to any server (as long as you change it in the code, will fix this later), be logged in for about 10 seconds getting a bunch of error messages then finally dc'ing. No graphics or chat messages are displaying. This project will be taking advantage of git so fork it and make changes, open issues, and make merge requests. There are 3 github repositories of interest, the one i'm currently updating (gjOryx), the original source fork from 4-5 years ago, and a backup of that fork on my github.
I will probably post more information about working with jOryx, and answer questions below.
Relevant Links
The current project: https://github.com/AMPBEdu/gjOryx
Realm Shifter (end goal of this project): http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1060486
Fork of original source: https://github.com/trapped/jOryx
Fork of fork of original source (aka backup, will remain unedited): https://github.com/AMPBEdu/jOryx

