Gold Exploit Method

Posts 31–45 of 67 · Page 3 of 5
Would not advise you try, as far as I know, you can serve jail time for this.
Quote Originally Posted by GraysenPVG View Post
Would not advise you try, as far as I know, you can serve jail time for this.
Yup the FBI doesn't have to stop criminals selling thousands of dollars worth in drugs and murdering people.

The FBI has to stop a couple of kids exploiting a bug in a video game.
Quote Originally Posted by GraysenPVG View Post
Would not advise you try, as far as I know, you can serve jail time for this.
If you were really that worried about being arrested by the FBI you could always hide behind a few proxies/VPNs. Anyways, the FBI is a bit busy with a certain presidential candidate at the moment.
Quote Originally Posted by JJ View Post
If you were really that worried about being arrested by the FBI you could always hide behind a few proxies/VPNs. Anyways, the FBI is a bit busy with a certain presidential candidate at the moment.
Hes probably just try to scare us that only he could get free gold lol
Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
Yup the FBI doesn't have to stop criminals selling thousands of dollars worth in drugs and murdering people.

The FBI has to stop a couple of kids exploiting a bug in a video game.
police does, guy from my school got up to judge because he found a way to use cybercafe computer for free, he didnt go jail cuz too young, but his parent paid lot of money for "damage&moral" stuff
Quote Originally Posted by ReySharlLel View Post
police does, guy from my school got up to judge because he found a way to use cybercafe computer for free, he didnt go jail cuz too young, but his parent paid lot of money for "damage&moral" stuff
Comparing stealing to exploiting, two different things my friend.
Quote Originally Posted by ReySharlLel View Post
police does, guy from my school got up to judge because he found a way to use cybercafe computer for free, he didnt go jail cuz too young, but his parent paid lot of money for "damage&moral" stuff
Nobody. Will. Care. This isn't carding. It's not fraud. From what I can tell you are in fact purchasing gold. Just abusing a exploit in THEIR servers

If I go to a gumball machine and put in my quarter, but I get 100 gumballs. Can I be in trouble? Fuck no. Also deca would be in no position to hire a lawyer for the investigation. Nor would it be worth their money/time
Could Kabam/Deca Games patch this? Stupid question coming from someone who knows nothing on packet stuff
Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Could Kabam/Deca Games patch this? Stupid question coming from someone who knows nothing on packet stuff
Patchable? Probably. There's a term in networking used to describe the maximum bytes of data that can be sent in a communication system (MTU, I think? Correct me if I'm wrong.) Not sure if the same concept in networking can be applied to RotMG but Kabam won't do shit, so if the DECA developers set up a system to detect too many packets from an IP and blacklist the account used on the IP then maybe it is possible. Spamming packets is definitely detectable, but without a way to figure out where they are coming from then it cannot be stopped.

The only real way that it could be completely stopped would likely be if the game was moved to a new platform - it's currently too susceptible to exploits and abuse. I don't know of many money or gold exploits for multiplayer games that are on steam and weren't developed for play in a browser.

Take Trove for example, I've never heard of a concrete exploit for the currency in that game likely because of the platform it was developed on. Kabam spent too much time making cheap, useless crap bundles to pay attention to the security of their game and admin accounts (looking at you SwatSec). There are/were so many backdoors in this game I couldn't even count.
Quote Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Patchable? Probably. There's a term in networking used to describe the maximum bytes of data that can be sent in a communication system (MTU, I think? Correct me if I'm wrong.) Not sure if the same concept in networking can be applied to RotMG but Kabam won't do shit, so if the DECA developers set up a system to detect too many packets from an IP and blacklist the account used on the IP then maybe it is possible. Spamming packets is definitely detectable, but without a way to figure out where they are coming from then it cannot be stopped.

The only real way that it could be completely stopped would likely be if the game was moved to a new platform - it's currently too susceptible to exploits and abuse. I don't know of many money or gold exploits for multiplayer games that are on steam and weren't developed for play in a browser.

Take Trove for example, I've never heard of a concrete exploit for the currency in that game likely because of the platform it was developed on. Kabam spent too much time making cheap, useless crap bundles to pay attention to the security of their game and admin accounts (looking at you SwatSec). There are/were so many backdoors in this game I couldn't even count.
If they actually had any good infrastructure in place that allowed them to view all the logs /packets or w/e sent from individuals they would be able to patch it in a heart-beat.


- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GraysenPVG View Post
Would not advise you try, as far as I know, you can serve jail time for this.
Under what law?
Quote Originally Posted by CJacko View Post
Under what law?
i am 30% sure ik the last step XD
Quote Originally Posted by Slendergo View Post
i am 30% sure ik the last step XD
so dont be shy plz tell us how.
Someone has found the method, whether or not they'll be releasing it is another question, it might still be worth others trying to do it too! Goodluck.
so easy a Jacko could do it.. anyways i think right before you check out for your gold (5$ worth) you have another window open with the url for the 100$ checkout then swap the 100$ URL and the 5$ url.. pay ur 5 and get ur realm of the mad baller monie! feel free to tweak this if i'm in any way close.
Posts 31–45 of 67 · Page 3 of 5
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?