[Tutorial] Finding Source Code of Not Open Source Programs

Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
[Tutorial] Finding Source Code of Not Open Source Programs
This Wont Work With Hacks!!!!!

Well this tutorial requires two tools, OllyDbg and Hiew.
Ok I was jk about that top thing I just wanted to avoid choobs from seeing this as this can be used to seep into peoples programs. However this shouldn't be done unless you are told you can do it, as it is illegal. SO DON'T BE FUCKING WITH OTHER PEOPLES PROGRAMS.

ANYWAYS. First Step: Figure out what the program does, or what you want to hack is like (e.g. how much ammo am I loosing?):


Second Step:Open the program up in OllyDbg and look around until you see something. (search up commands er something, learn some assembly if you don't know how to do that choobs) (I found this snippet of code in the first legit chunk of code)
(READ COMMENTS)

Tada you have the source... sorta... look near the bottom for my (guessed) source code. Continue Reading if you want to fuck with the code.

Third Step:Find the line you want to fuck up. I want to change it from 5+6 to 9+6 so I'ma change that 5 to a nine, but first I'm gonna look up the address in the ollydbg hex editor.
Change it and watch that fucker change color.


Fourth Step:Ok Note the change '05' to '09' (as the number you add goes up the difficulty will grow)
Now Open the program up in Hiew and switch it to blah blah blah.... just do what I say in the picture.


Fifth Step:Jebus Cripes I'm tired of typing... Change the fucker you saw in step three and press f9 to update the file.



Final Step:See how the program runs now.

Ok so I kinda cheated and already know the source code of my program.

If you don't know what hiew is, it is a program commonly used in cracking. I know you can do this all in OllyDbg but I fucking hate OllyDbg.

PM me if you want a dl link to Hiew or any of the other tools I used in this tutorial :3
Right after Why announces a no leeching policy. A tutorial to find other people's code is released. =\

Hehe, joke. Nice tutorial.
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
Right after Why announces a no leeching policy. A tutorial to find other people's code is released. =\
XDDD I spent a little time out in the open desert of OpenGL land and came across a Medal of Honor Framework that people got from doing this to a game so I was like omggg I gotta teach this to mpgh.
Lol. if only finding addresses and such were that easy in larger programs. ;p

Nice to see you back, check out the wikibook on disassembly or lena's reversing tutorials if you want to master disassembly.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Lol. if only finding addresses and such were that easy in larger programs. ;p
I'm working my way up... there is still a fuckload of code I don't understand in that little segment.
lol i dont know what ur doing here, but seems legit. Nice tutorial
Quote Originally Posted by Retoxified View Post
Useless...
Disassemble a game. Find the function where you shoot and loose ammo. Change it so you lose 0 ammo.
You can't find it as easily as you did in a real game with more than 200 instructions. It's fairly easy to spot what you're looking for in your example. If it's so easy, you should've gave this tutorial using a more difficult example, using the same method.
How is this "finding sourcecode" and not simply 'disassembly' with a given tool?

Disassembly 101 - Maybe... 'finding sourcecode' it is not
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
You can't find it as easily as you did in a real game with more than 200 instructions. It's fairly easy to spot what you're looking for in your example. If it's so easy, you should've gave this tutorial using a more difficult example, using the same method.
Someone knows what they're talking about. Same with BA.
Now, David. Teach me Java on...Friday? Spring break starts tomorrow. <3
I don't know Java?
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
I don't know Java?
Then learn, THEN teach me. :]
Quote Originally Posted by crushed View Post
Then learn, THEN teach me. :]
Java is kinda lame. C++ is the way to go.
I tried making a game but it failed cuz there isn't any GetAsyncKeyState()
Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?