Question[Solved]Dark GDK[Help]

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
[Solved]Dark GDK[Help]
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you had used the Dark GDK .NET program for creating games. Is it worth buying or better just to learn C++(which I will do regardless)?
Wrong section? GDK is used in C++.
Ill allow it, GDK is worth it, and there is a GDK Vb template which is nice/ Have not used it but I have a copy of GDK.NET for Vb.net
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
Ill allow it, GDK is worth it, and there is a GDK Vb template which is nice/ Have not used it but I have a copy of GDK.NET for Vb.net
Really? Can you give me a link?
oooooohhhhhhhh I want to make games.
Lol. oh no. Once Mnpeep gets his hand on that software, his life is permanently gone..
Visual Basic .Net GDK Template

Virus Scan

Virustotal. MD5: c24c4822997668fb28ee8de2d783039b

File Attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Developer
This is ,like GDK.Net C# template, but now for VisualBASIC.Net users.
This is an easy to use Clean template for coding your games or application.

I sincerely recommend that you don't Copy/Paste the following, instead download the whole package. See end of article.

After you've download it, extract it to somehwere
Than run visual BASIC 2008 express and loadup the project-solution file , which is in the extracted map.

You can start you coding right away!
And to make this a Template in Visual BASIC Express everytime you want to code a VB-Application, do the following:

1 - Go to ' File '
2 - Click on 'Export Template'
3 - Click 'Next'
4 - Than Click on 'Finish'
Now everytime whenever you want to code a GDK.Net project you now have 2 GDK.Net Template options to choose from, These are:
1 - The Standard GDK-Template whith bunch of codes you realy will not use
2 - This Clean Template, See following listing, which is the main code where you put things together.


'(removed website)
'(template Designer = Yerrel)

Imports DarkGDK
Imports DarkGDK.IO
Imports DarkGDK.Core
Imports DarkGDK.Text
Imports DarkGDK.Camera
Imports DarkGDK.Engine
Imports DarkGDK.Basic2D
Imports DarkGDK.Basic3D
Imports System
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Imports System.Drawing.Color

Class GDK_VB_Template

Public Sub New()
REM Put all your First run initialization here.
REM things like variables and so on, things that needs to be
REM set on the very first run.
REM Put all your GDK startup requirements here!

REM Start GDK.Net Engine
InitializeGDK()
REM Set displaymode
Display.SetDisplayMode(Display.ScreenWidth(), Display.ScreenHeight(), Display.ScreenDepth())
REM Create our application window, where nice things are displayed
Display.SetWindowSize(640, 480)
REM Set BackgroundColor
Camera.DefaultCamera.ColorBackdrop(DarkBlue) : Camera.DefaultCamera.BackdropOn()
REM Set Title for our application Window
Display.WindowTitle = "GDK.Net VB Template (c).:Binary-Coder.Com"
REM set font
Text.SetFont("verdana")
REM Hide mouse
DarkGDK.IO.Mouse.Hide()
REM Set Sync rate
Core.SyncOn() : Core.SyncRate(66)
End Sub

End Class

Module Module1

Sub Main()
Dim g_State As New GDK_VB_Template()
MessageBox.Show("(c).:Binary-Coder.Com", "GDK.Net VB Template")

REM Game Main loop
While LoopGDK()
REM From here on you place your codeflow, call subs or whatever.
Text.ShowText(10, 10, "Hello world")
Sync()
End While

End Sub

End Module

Don't forget you will need Dark GDK installed, and it isn't free

GDK_Net_VB Template.zipattachment deleted · 8 downloads before removal
I may Have a copy, Ill check some of my externals and see if it's there.
Yeah, I was wondering whether it was worth it to buy the .Net version.
I still say yes.
Alright, thanks. I'll have to get some money then.
The Template is free (which is what will allow you to use DarkGDK.net inside of Visual basic.net), DarkGDK,net isn't free however , But I have 4 Redundant Backups for a few years, For some reason, I remember Buying it around the time I purchased DarkBasic, So I will check my externals sometime tonight (the search will take forever they are each 500GB each) But if I find it , I will share it.
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us