[Question] Replacing textures

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
[Question] Replacing textures
Is it possible to completely change textures? Like, I was doing this with no success:

1. Selected the CHARS_T_FACE.rez in Photoshop (Ctrl+A)
2. Deleting it
3. Placing another image in its place (yes, matching it's exact length/width)

I was trying to replace the regular faces with this. No real advantage, just thought it'd look cool. Anyway, if that doesn't work, how else would I go about editing the faces, if possible?
you don't select the whole .rez in photoshop. you need to use rezextract to get extract all the files. also, just putting any random image in its place will not produce good results 99.99999999% of the time
Quote Originally Posted by kentonyu View Post
you don't select the whole .rez in photoshop. you need to use rezextract to get extract all the files. also, just putting any random image in its place will not produce good results 99.99999999% of the time
Thanks, and I meant CM_FC_HV_UR_BRANDON_JS.DTX, not CHARS_T_FACE.rez. Would just placing a picture above the original work better? Or would it most likely give the same results?
Basically what kentonyu said. :P
Oh, why don't you just open up the file, and put the mask over where the face is supposed to be.
Quote Originally Posted by Synchromanica View Post
Oh, why don't you just open up the file, and put the mask over where the face is supposed to be.
Well, I tried this and it didn't work. I'm gonna keep messing around with it and see if I get any results, though.

Edit: Actually, I think I might just be checking this the wrong way. Is CM_FC_HV_UR_BRANDON_JS.DTX one of the basic faces available when creating a character? If not, /facepalm.
just pasting over the dtx=horribly disfigured face
Lolz, I'm gonna put the face texture on the gun and see what it looks like.
think of cross modding. that uses the textures of your hands. imagine something like that with your head
Who's Brandon? Pick the Asian guy, I don't think Brandon is a default...But I dunno.
yay for asian guy. But i just copy n paste a picture over my .dtx :P
brandon =mercenary baron
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us