[Tutorial]Create your own IWNet Emulation Server

Posts 1–15 of 61 · Page 1 of 5
[Tutorial]Create your own IWNet Emulation Server
After all this downtime with the official AlterIW Net Server, are you tired of just sitting there all day? Once you're done with this tutorial, you'll have your very own server for friends or the entire world to play on.



Virustotal. MD5: 653b1d90fb4229e0a61acd9bb008962a
http://www.virscan.org/report/7438d9...4b3c5ad74.html

Things you'll need:
A Computer running Windows
IWNet Server (Attached)
Portforwarded Router (Ignore this if you don't have a Wireless Router)
Open NAT
.NET Framework 4.0 (Google for it)
Common Sense.

Step 1:
Download the attached file and place it in your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 directory.
By default it is "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2"

Step 2:
Open your Router's Configuration menu and forward the following Ports:


*NOTE: If you are behind a firewall, you must allow these ports

Step 3:
Next, we must find out our external IP. Once you have found your IP (It looks like 123.456.789.123), copy that or right it down because it is vital for the next step

Step 4:
With the knowledge of your external IP, we can now edit the alterIWnet.ini to fit our needs. Edit it to look like the following:


Step 5:
Save your file and open IWNetServer.exe (attached). Now you can play alterIW Net on your own server

Step 6: (Optional)
Send your IP to your friends so they can connect to your server as well. Be cautious when sending people your IP because this can be dangerous. If you are scared of sending people your IP, you can cover it up by using a free DNS

Mel Note : Nah, Sending your IP Addie isn't dengerous as is it freely avaiable for every website you visit's admin, Through UserAgents. Messing with ports and opening every damn port is dangerous; Gives easy access. The IP itself.. Meah~, Many people use Proxies anyways.

Mel Note 2 : Here is the SVN Thingy, So people can have access to the source and have fun instead of your compiled thingy : http://code.google.com/p/alteriwnet/

If this helped you at all, please press "Thanks". If you have any questions/problems/concerns, please feel free to ask them and I will answer to the best of my ability.
IWNetServer.rarattachment deleted · 1,266 downloads before removal
U forgot mention it requires net framework v4.0 to run the IWNetServer.
Quote Originally Posted by Hahaz View Post
U forgot mention it requires net framework v4.0 to run the IWNetServer.
Thanks, I thought I was missing that.
remove the outside links naow
Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
remove the outside links naow
Outsite links removed
VirSCAN link added.
It works well... anyone wanna join my server & test? Pm me.
Quote Originally Posted by Hahaz View Post
It works well... anyone wanna join my server & test? Pm me.
Hooray, I helped someone. I'd join you but I have schoolwork. Glad to see it worked for you tho :>
Thanks, hopefully this helps a lot of people.
Downtime? The server was off 3 times for 30 minutes in the span of 60 hours.

Cut me some slack, mate.

Still, the server is Open Source so you could link the Google Code page.
Added notes, Fixed little Mistakes~

I doubt copying AlterIWNet's script without bringing updates will help many people, But still ; Thanks ?
Quote Originally Posted by Max Damage View Post
Downtime? The server was off 3 times for 30 minutes in the span of 60 hours.

Cut me some slack, mate.

Still, the server is Open Source so you could link the Google Code page.
I didn't mean to offend you at all, I just think it's good people have a backup just in case InfinityWard takes down your server. If everybody has the files and knowledge to have their own server, IW cannot stop private servers.


Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
Added notes, Fixed little Mistakes~

I doubt copying AlterIWNet's script without bringing updates will help many people, But still ; Thanks ?
Thanks, I didn't copy his script at all. I was just releasing it to the community along with a tutorial in case people have no idea how to set it up. I was contemplating adding the Google codes page, but I'm unsure if I could add that due to the restriction on external URLs. There are plenty URL's I would like to add to the tutorial, but I don't want to get banned. If you want, I can send you a PM with the URL's and you can check them?
Hope it's usefull to some. Complete source of revision r14, date 05-25-2010.
Source AlterIWNet revision r14 25-05-2010.rarattachment deleted · 137 downloads before removal
Well nice tut .
how do i edit the source, which program?<----GOT it...

I have another question, how do i connect to specific servers?
Posts 1–15 of 61 · Page 1 of 5
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?