Request a Mod Thread

Posts 136–150 of 267 · Page 10 of 18


Lol nice signature xD only its a shame they didnt win eehy
Hi, i like to request a mod.
Features:
-the host is spectator
-the host has i think it was called UFO power (fly around the map (noclip))
-with push of a button calls emergency airdrops (unlimited and again host only)
-nuke and emp has a chanse to fall from pack. 1% or 2% ac130;choppergunner 15%
-unlimited ammo for everything
-no Granade launchers;launchers allowed
-the packages from the airdrop are green to all players (if possible)
-longer time to take a package maybe around 8 sec
-unlimited score
-unlimited time
-a text at the start telling the players that this is crazy fun airdrop mode and to get ready to get the packages

I think that is all sry for my bad english and tnx to the person who is gonna make it (if)
Can someone please tell me how to do this..

All I want is.. when someone joins the game I'm hosting, they see a welcome message... animated text with scrolling sound effect saying "Welcome to (my name) server" .

everything else about the game is default..I just want to be able to set a welcome message that people see when they join.

soo..

Features:
-Welcome Message
The welcome message can be done, the sounds cannot. Sorry.
that's fine.. sound fx isn't really important, but I would really like to just display a welcome message XD

Thankyou very much for any help
Quote Originally Posted by solstice1 View Post
that's fine.. sound fx isn't really important, but I would really like to just display a welcome message XD

Thankyou very much for any help
Find the function onJoinedTeam() and do something like

self iPrintlnBold("Welcome Message");
Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
Find the function onJoinedTeam() and do something like

self iPrintlnBold("Welcome Message");
no, put this:
Code:
	self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("^5Thanks " + self.name + " ^5for joining");
It displays the users name so if your name was bob it would say "Thanks, Bob for Joining. Or whatever you want it to be.

Put that in your DoDvars
no need for a function onJoinedTeam()
Ive been trying to edit the Nuke killstreak to only kill the opposite team but I really cant get it to work at all.

originally the NukeDeath() function has just this

Code:
foreach( player in level.players )
	{	
	     player thread maps\mp\gametypes\_damage::finishPlayerDamageWrapper( level.nukeInfo.player, level.nukeInfo.player, 999999, 0, "MOD_EXPLOSIVE", "nuke_mp", player.origin, player.origin, "none", 0, 0 );
	}
Every time I try to define the other team it just does not seem to work. Even when I put in something simple like just printing out a line for reference like "self iPrintlnBold("xx");" inside that function, it doesnt work.

Ive tried
Code:
if (player.pers["team"] != self.pers["team"])
Code:
otherteam = getOtherTeam(self.team);
foreach ( player in level.otherteam)
dont work...
Again when I try something simple like

Code:
	foreach( player in level.players )
	{	
		if( player.pers["team"] == "axis" )
			player thread maps\mp\gametypes\_damage::finishPlayerDamageWrapper( level.nukeInfo.player, level.nukeInfo.player, 999999, 0, "MOD_EXPLOSIVE", "nuke_mp", player.origin, player.origin, "none", 0, 0 );
	}
Its suposed to only kill the team axis... but it kills both teams. Its like the code is correct but its being completely ignored.

Can anyone help me out?
can you please type exactly what I need to put in the .gsc file?

Im a total modding noob XD

P.S I usually host FFA not TDM

thanx
Quote Originally Posted by solstice1 View Post
can you please type exactly what I need to put in the .gsc file?

Im a total modding noob XD

P.S I usually host FFA not TDM

thanx


I TOLD YOU!!!

OK


Code:
	self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("^5Thanks " + self.name + " ^5for joining");
THAT ^^


Goes in the section called
DoDvars
just paste that under where you see that
Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post


I TOLD YOU!!!

OK


Code:
	self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("^5Thanks " + self.name + " ^5for joining");
THAT ^^


Goes in the section called
DoDvars
just paste that under where you see that
A default _rank.gsc does not have doDvars().... you're not very smart... and the placement of the message does matter.
Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
A default _rank.gsc does not have doDvars().... you're not very smart... and the placement of the message does matter.
FACEPALM

a defualt _rank.gsc doesnt HAVE a welcome message...thats why we are EDITING it to suit our needs
So just make a thread with doDvars()
Ive never made or edited a MOD.. how do I "create a thread with doDvars"? Where can I get a default rank.gsc..

any chance one of you helpfull dudes could edit a default rank.gsc to have a welcome message and attach it to your post for me?
@solstice1


You don't need a do DoDvars() thread at all..
Guys, please stop giving wrong advise, it only confuses people who are trying to learn. DVars have nothing to do with it.

Open up a default _rank.gsc and Search for this part:
Code:
onPlayerSpawned()
{
	self endon("disconnect");

	for(;;)
	{
		self waittill("spawned_player");
	}
}
and add the line 'self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("^7Tha nks ^2 " + self.name + " ^7for joining");'
Ofcourse you can change the text to whatever you want.

So you'll have this:
Code:
onPlayerSpawned()
{
	self endon("disconnect");

	for(;;)
	{
		self waittill("spawned_player");
                self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_hud_message::hintMessage("^5Thanks " + self.name + " ^5for joining");
	}
}
@cap

Your problem is, that the nuke event you are triggering, simply kills everyone.
If it's possible to change it, you'll need to find the code for the nuke event itself and edit that. Don't know if it's easy to find or not.
Hi, i like to request a multi-modloader, if there is such a thing?.
Features:
-can load several mods at the time.
thank you so much the 1 who can do this
Posts 136–150 of 267 · Page 10 of 18
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?