HelpVPN for auric cells

Posts 16–30 of 55 · Page 2 of 4
You can't change to Argentina nor can you change back to your own country. VPN choice doesn't matter either I tried with nord and vip72 (Might be wrong on this).

My guess is that this is just a temporary hold back so people don't abuse it with the summer sale.
Summer sale ends in 5 hours and 40 minutes.
We'll see if it works or not
Quote Originally Posted by xXGhostXx1230 View Post
Summer sale ends in 5 hours and 40 minutes.
We'll see if it works or not
I'm not sure that Valve is gonna unlock VPNs immediatly after the end of the sale. But maybe i'm wong, i hope this is gonna be solved in a few hours
Quote Originally Posted by xXGhostXx1230 View Post
Summer sale ends in 5 hours and 40 minutes.
We'll see if it works or not
Just think that, dozens of users are now locked in argentina, lol.
55 minutes until sale over

Not gonna try it RIGHT when it ends, gonna try it like 1 hour after it ends.
Quote Originally Posted by xXGhostXx1230 View Post
55 minutes until sale over

Not gonna try it RIGHT when it ends, gonna try it like 1 hour after it ends.
yeah man try it out

3 days of trying but no luck

if you can figure it out .. let us know
I'm locked in argentina, too bad I wasn't planning on changing anyway.
Also, you killed my thread twice meanie
Just tested it, and..... still no luck
It just ended like 9 minutes ago, maybe a little later it'll work
I've found a way to bypass steams vpn check. This way I created a new steam account in south america today without getting the annoying message, "turn your vpn or proxy off". I don't know if it also works with region change because I have no account that needs a region change.
Quote Originally Posted by RocKit99 View Post
I've found a way to bypass steams vpn check. This way I created a new steam account in south america today without getting the annoying message, "turn your vpn or proxy off". I don't know if it also works with region change because I have no account that needs a region change.
Thanks for telling but do you mind sharing?
Just use a browser thats popular for example chrome, firefox and use some vpn addons. Should be a free one, the shittier it is in this benchmark https://www.astrill.com/vpn-leak-test the higher the chance it works.

- - - Updated - - -

you still need a login with a steam client in your new location before using the browser so you still need a normal windows vpn
Quote Originally Posted by RocKit99 View Post
Just use a browser thats popular for example chrome, firefox and use some vpn addons. Should be a free one, the shittier it is in this benchmark https://www.astrill.com/vpn-leak-test the higher the chance it works.

- - - Updated - - -

you still need a login with a steam client in your new location before using the browser so you still need a normal windows vpn
Don't really understand
So I need to install a VPN for my chrome browser, then connect to Argentina, then also connect to Argentina with the desktop VPN, then login to Steam ?
Can you explain it pls ? Would really appreciate it
Okay the last sentence destroyed it, well. You do the normal stuff like deauthorize every device and shit. Login into your steam client with vpn. So when you login in your browser, your latest login was in your destination country with your steam client. You can close your steam client and windows vpn or do whatever you want with this. Go in your browser change your shop region. Thats it!
I would suggest to test your browser vpn if it is detectable by steam by trying to create a new account.
Quote Originally Posted by RocKit99 View Post
Okay the last sentence destroyed it, well. You do the normal stuff like deauthorize every device and shit. Login into your steam client with vpn. So when you login in your browser, your latest login was in your destination country with your steam client. You can close your steam client and windows vpn or do whatever you want with this. Go in your browser change your shop region. Thats it!
I would suggest to test your browser vpn if it is detectable by steam by trying to create a new account.
Deauthorized everything.
Closed Steam, connected to Argentina, opened steam, then I assume it sensed Argentina, so I closed steam.
Visited steam through browser, I wasn't logged in, and I saw the prices with ARS
Then I logged in, prices changed to my currency, then account details, change country to Argentina, and..... same error
I'm using ProtonVPN free trial btw
Seems like everything I wrote before my last message you didn't read, you need to test if your vpn extension isn't detected by steam. If it is this is the result.
Posts 16–30 of 55 · Page 2 of 4

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?