CPLUSPLUSHow to hack

Posts 16–30 of 87 · Page 2 of 6
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
My stephbrother did tech support for XS4All(I guess it's only a dutch internet provider), if you could crack/hack/whateverthefuck your way into their database or even change a single thing in their configs you'd get 1 month of free internet and a pie xD
Arhk likes pie.
~
This thread should be called RTFM.
Good, I'm on the "learn C++" part.
The sad thing is that I can't figure out how to compile
How fail is THAT?
I bought C++ for Dummies. It helps but.. the guy is like "This is not for windows applications only teaching you MS-DOS programs." WTF, is this where I start?
Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I bought C++ for Dummies. It helps but.. the guy is like "This is not for windows applications only teaching you MS-DOS programs." WTF, is this where I start?
The book you're reading is horrible, second MS-DOS is bullshit talk for console applications. They don't require any extra knowledge of complex API's to make simple things like calculators and other beginner stuff. Making applications that have a window UI, requires you to learn how to program first, which is easily done with console applications that you don't need extra API knowledge to make. Learn how to code and then learn the WinAPI to make GUI applications in the form of windows.
~
Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I bought C++ for Dummies. It helps but.. the guy is like "This is not for windows applications only teaching you MS-DOS programs." WTF, is this where I start?
Haha, oh wow.

Get rid of this book immediately, and get this one:
Amazon.com: C++ Programming in Easy Steps [C++ PROGRAMMING IN EASY STE-3E]: Mike(Author) McGrath: Books

(It's the one I'm using if anyone cares.)

It's easy-to-follow, and it goes somewhat into detail.

However I'd actually recommend getting another (more detailed) book on C++ to look at when you don't understand some things.

Also, I think that learning VB helped me more than it hurt me, because in this situation, I already know about functions and arrays and such, and the change from VB -> C++ isn't that hard. But I'd still advise staying away from VB, it hurt my syntax at the beginning, but about a week in, it hasn't done anything really.
Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


The book you're reading is horrible, second MS-DOS is bullshit talk for console applications. They don't require any extra knowledge of complex API's to make simple things like calculators and other beginner stuff. Making applications that have a window UI, requires you to learn how to program first, which is easily done with console applications that you don't need extra API knowledge to make. Learn how to code and then learn the WinAPI to make GUI applications in the form of windows.
~
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post


Haha, oh wow.

Get rid of this book immediately, and get this one:
Amazon.com: C++ Programming in Easy Steps [C++ PROGRAMMING IN EASY STE-3E]: Mike(Author) McGrath: Books

(It's the one I'm using if anyone cares.)

It's easy-to-follow, and it goes somewhat into detail.

However I'd actually recommend getting another (more detailed) book on C++ to look at when you don't understand some things.

Also, I think that learning VB helped me more than it hurt me, because in this situation, I already know about functions and arrays and such, and the change from VB -> C++ isn't that hard. But I'd still advise staying away from VB, it hurt my syntax at the beginning, but about a week in, it hasn't done anything really.
Haha. THANK YOU.
Wow $1000 book. I don't think so. Any link for a free ebook for that of some sort. As much as i want to program i would not pay $1000!
Disco, hit build>compile
Lol I bought it at Chapters new for 14.99 CAD.

BTW Chapters = Canadian Barnes and Noble.
lawl i hate laerning stuff, but im on the assembly part :P
I bought the same book for 16.99 at coles
umm yehhh il leave the hacking to you guys :/ il get cracking on these books **wow that girl is hot** " r u olmost done c++ reading?!" umm no but im olmost done somthing else!! (sorry i had to do that :/)
Quote Originally Posted by hackzerz View Post
umm yehhh il leave the hacking to you guys :/ il get cracking on these books **wow that girl is hot** " r u olmost done c++ reading?!" umm no but im olmost done somthing else!! (sorry i had to do that :/)
It's true some of us are like that. But most of us have lives, I have a girlfriend, lasted over 1 1/2 years and I'm working two jobs. One of which involves teaching a programming class the other is getting me 130$ per shift.

So if you got nothing good to say, just don't say anything at all. I'm sure it takes at least a little bit of common sense not to insult a forum full of hackers, but in your case I think we can make an exception since you seem to be lacking.

Have a nice day
~lilneo
Posts 16–30 of 87 · Page 2 of 6

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?