LightbulbHelp! New error

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
Help! New error
I have been mucking around with directx sdks i got the one summer 2004 coz thats what the guy who made gellins base used. then i saw a tut which used direct x sdk June 2010. so i uninstalled the 2004 one and installed june 2010 I followed that whole tut now i get this error thinking where the fhuck did this come from?

1>------ Build started: Project: CaBase, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004)\Lib\d3dx9.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========


it says summer 2004??

Help Needed , and yes i am a noob at c++ but not at vb.. I am just getting the grasps of it .. I know how to like put the addies and the lt client. and that stuff but yeh i still need help

P.S sorry for the very very bad lettering I have just typed this as fast as I can :P because i g2g soon
reinstall it
Reinstall .. what program do i reinstall (C++ , The Base , Direct x (June2010) or direct x (summer 2004)?? 4 possibilities what do I choose
UPDATE GUYS ITS THE ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES DUE TO GOOGLEING I KNOW HOW TO SET ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES BUT WHAT PATH SHOULD I DO? TO MY DIRECT X SDK? TO THE INCLUDE FOLDER THE LIB FOLDER?
Set the include enviroment var to the include folder and library to the lib folder.
thanks title says it all :P is it the computer variables or variables in c++? on pc variables (Computer right click propities then advanced.. then environment variables you need a value and a name... the value will point to lib. and what should the name be? i have one variable called DXSDK_DIR or something which points to my dictionary for it..

/UNSOLVED ERROR !!
Quote Originally Posted by Andrew89898 View Post
/UNSOLVED ERROR !!
don't leech and it's solved
it isnt solved -_- if you want me to set my C++ Directoinries whatevr.. i already done that dont work :P help still needed.
PM me teamviewer details and i'll fix it for you >.>
ooo, I have the same problem sorta. I have the DirectX SDK installed but I have a starterkit that wont compile because it says the headers cant be found or whatever. How do I setup the DX SDK?
Just install it and point your MSVC++ enviroment settings to it.
I have it installed I found something on it trying it now.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us