Arrow[Release] Terminator Invasion: T2 (MOD)

PollWhat did you think of this MOD and or Update? (only vote after testing)
49 votes
Posts 31–37 of 37 · Page 3 of 3
evrytime i download a mod it works for a couple of days and then it sais epic error coulnt bla bla bla somthing with dll but when i download it again it works for a day and then same error can someone help me with this?
I haven't come across the epic error luckily. From what I read it's got something to do with XP (is that correct?) or not running as admin.
Quote Originally Posted by Neekokeen View Post
Ok guys, I need your opinion.

As an alternative to the cloak mode the way it is now, I can do teleport:
- when pressing the button, it will load, for 30 seconds, just like cloak
- Once ready, you can use it:
-- You won't be able to move and your weapons will be taken away
-- An airstrike selection screen comes up where you can select the location you want to teleport to.
- When location is selected, you will remain frozen for a few seconds, unable to do anything. During this time, you will blink (invisible/visible), like the last three seconds of cloak.
-- Then you teleport to your selected location, where you will be frozen without weapons for the same amount of seconds as before, blinking as well, before regaining controls and weapons. You will also make a sound once teleported, that can be heard by the enemy, so they can hear where someone has teleported to.

Advantage of teleport for Terminators: Travel far distances fast
Disadvantage of teleport for Terminators: Terminators can't sneak up on ppl, like with cloak. they don't have radar when teleporting so they don't know if there are enemies there. + time right before and after teleport, Terminators are very vulnerable and helpless.



What do you guys think
1. Use this instead of Cloak
2. Add it, and also keep Cloak.
3. Don't add it, just keep Cloak
(not using it and also removing cloak is not an option )

PS: I've added Nightvision for terminators and coldblooded while cloaking, but I want to wait for some feedback on this before releasing an update.
Keep the suggestions coming!
DONT add the teleport. The good thing about Terminators is that they are way too overpowered right? and the bad thing is that they walk slow, so humans have an advantage over that... And if you teleport, and i bet some people will do this as terminators, will go to a high place, and just kill everbody... So i hope u DONT add
Sorry dude, you're too late It's added in the latest version.
Don't worry though, I tested it elaborately to see if it didn't ruin the game. It doesn't.
Load time for teleport is long, and with the siren sounding and the permanent UAV, it doesn't take humans long to figure out what happened.
Getting to a high place can be done with superjump as well. A well placed airstrike will take care of that.

Being human, to me, is the easiest. Because permanent UAV and headhsot sniper imo is more powerful than AC130 guns. Gametypes like DOM, SD, CTF are very hard for Terminators, because humans will see on UAV when a Terminator is going for an objective and they can await them there or place an airstrike in advance.
Teleport adds a new twist to it, and makes those gametypes a lot more fun.
In TDM, it's really not useful.
@Jesus10: if you are hosting this, you can easily kick the troll:
type 'status' in the console, look for the number before the troll's name and then type 'clientkick *NUMBER*' in console.
Thanks for the reply, I already knew about this I was just having too much fun to go kick the guy :P lol. Also another helpful command for kicking people "tempbanclient" which not only kicks but temporarily bans people as the name implies.

Secondly, I tried this mod again last night and everyone seemed to love it, thanks for making it. However, I did notice a bug. Humans can't jump whatsoever making it difficult to camp in places and shoot terminators in the head! :O I'm not sure if this is because if they're given the ability to jump they'll also have superjump like the terminators or what. But yeah, I noticed that you're working on a new version so we'll see. The teleport feature sounds pretty cool. Is cloak still included?

Being human, to me, is the easiest.
I second this, the only problem I have with terminators when playing a human is that they spam their big AC130 gun at random places and I usually happen to be there -.- However, I find that when I play terminator I end up going through all my guns and go back to one expecting it to be reloaded like a normal AC130 but realize that I need each weapon to reload individually while I'm using it which is moderately annoying and usually leads to a human sneaking up on me and blowing me up. It makes it more fair though I suppose.

The only other time the Terminators had a clear advantage when I was playing domination was on a super small map like rust they were easily able to hold down the points. On larger maps though it was completely opposite.
Quote Originally Posted by jesus10 View Post
However, I did notice a bug. Humans can't jump whatsoever making it difficult to camp in places and shoot terminators in the head! :O I'm not sure if this is because if they're given the ability to jump they'll also have superjump like the terminators or what.
Jumping for humans is indeed disabled in order for the superjump to work, it's not a bug.
Some people find it annoying. Tho I don't think it wrecks the gameplay and fits the concept. I think you'd rarely see a US soldier jumping in a warzone.. Perhaps jumping/crawling over cover, but that's enabled.
You could enable jump for humans, at the cost of superjump.

The teleport feature sounds pretty cool. Is cloak still included?
It is cool and Cloak is still there.


I second this, the only problem I have with terminators when playing a human is that they spam their big AC130 gun at random places and I usually happen to be there -.-
Inevitable, but it's logical that they would do that. Plus; spamming the guns can get them into trouble as well, as you state yourself in next quote:

However, I find that when I play terminator I end up going through all my guns and go back to one expecting it to be reloaded like a normal AC130 but realize that I need each weapon to reload individually while I'm using it which is moderately annoying and usually leads to a human sneaking up on me and blowing me up. It makes it more fair though I suppose.
Exactly, long reload time is exactly the way I want it. This way, spamming the gun becomes a risk, and makes them less powerful. It does indeed make it more fair.

The only other time the Terminators had a clear advantage when I was playing domination was on a super small map like rust they were easily able to hold down the points. On larger maps though it was completely opposite.
Indeed, I do not recommend playing this on small maps, certainly not rust

Thanks for your constructive feedback!
Posts 31–37 of 37 · Page 3 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?