CoD4 Punkbuster error

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
CoD4 Punkbuster error
every single time I try to join a punkbuster server I get to play for like 10-20 seconds then I get this:



I'm not using a legit version of CoD4 but I'm not sure if that's the problem or not, do any of you know non-punkbuster promod servers or know of a fix to this problem? Thanks in advance
These kicks are when PunkBuster detects a modification of your game exe running in memory or you are using a modified client. Possible explanations are as follows:

1. A virus modified the game executable
2. A crack of some sort was applied to the game executable
3. You are using a non-standard version of the game (D2D/Steam etc.)

Please make sure you run the latest and original version of the game. Using no-cd cheats could be the cause of these kicks. Make sure you have installed the latest patches of your game.
Doesn't this mean he will get banned then? If PB detects is?
Thanks, I should have said htis in the first post but I'm using the cracked version of it, the no-cd and stuff, I didn't buy a legit copy of CoD4 :\ and no, when PB detects it I just get kicked from the server and I can rejoin right away but I can't stay in it. I can play perfectly in non-pb servers though
Quote Originally Posted by J0shin707 View Post
Thanks, I should have said htis in the first post but I'm using the cracked version of it, the no-cd and stuff, I didn't buy a legit copy of CoD4 :\ and no, when PB detects it I just get kicked from the server and I can rejoin right away but I can't stay in it. I can play perfectly in non-pb servers though
That is because PB kicks for detected game cracks/modified game exe's.
You'll have to stick with non pb servers. =FF= has a few non pb servers for 1.7
Ah thanks, whats =FF=?
Probably a clan...go on a site where (cracked) servers are listed and search for =FF= in server name =P
Play on non PB servers...
+
Its easy
Fast
Modded lobbys
-
Some cheaters
This is caused by some non-important programs on your computer, you can fix this problem with CCcleaner
I always get this error when I'm trying to play with steam on.
I don't have steam installed so thats not the problem, I think its just because i'm using a cracked version of CoD4, and punkbuster can't read its normal files
i might sound stupid but..

have you tried updating your pb?
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us