[Guide] How to Mod Login

Posts 1–15 of 83 · Page 1 of 6
[Guide] How to Mod Login
Learn LoginBackground modding

I noticed that many people do not fully understand how to mod backgrounds.
So I thought it would be good to make a full tutorial with pictures for those targeted.
I hope you'll enjoy.

(I know you'll tell me there is already a stickied tutorial to help new to understand. But the loginbg section take only about 5 line, and there are no pictures.)

1. Picture editor

First, it is essential to have a program that lets you edit images. There among other Photoshop, Gimp and Paint.net. Personally, I use Photoshop CS5 Extended.
Gimp is a free program, very easy to use, but that does not have as good tools as Photoshop.
You can find the latest version of Gimp with one of those links :

Windows : GIMP - Windows installers
Apple : GIMP - for Mac OS X (You'll need to search a little )

Paint.Net is also a free program, easy to use. It can however be much more useful than others program to move the Username box and the p/w box.

You can find it here : Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

Finally, there is Photoshop. You can use the CS3 version, version CS4, CS5 version, or any other version that will be useful. You can find this program in several places. You can search on Google, looking for cracks and keygens, or you can visit a little MPGH:

CS3 and CS4 : http://www.mpgh.net/forum/194-crossf...photoshop.html
CS5 : http://www.mpgh.net/forum/196-resour...-extended.html

2. How to merge images?


Ok for now, all I can tell you is to practice. If you want to create beautiful backgrounds, you will first need to know how to use tools provided by your image editor.
It will be convenient to go to Google and search for tutorials to know the basics. The practice is never too much. When you have a minimum of talent, come back to step 3.

3. The original files

Before you start changing the backgrounds, it would be better to create a file where you will store supplies from the download Crossfire.
(C:/Program Files/Z8Games/rez/UI/UI_Login/)
SaveButtonOn.tga
SaveButtonOff.tga
loginup.tga
loginfocus.tga
LoginExitUp.tga
LoginExitFOCUS.tga
LoginExitDOWN.tga
logindown.tga
loginbg.tga
4. Tha modz.

4.1 Without Custom Login Box

If you do not want to change the login box, you just have to create an image with the right dimensions. Then you take the basic background, you cut the login box from the image and Then paste it on your picture. Save it has a . TGA file. Put It in the good directory. You're done

4.2 With a Custom Login Box

(For example, I use a background that I create in the past)
First,
you'll need the good size. --> 800x600.

Subsequently, you create your image, without worrying about the custom login box.
Here is my background :



After you add the box, but not the Ok button, the exit button, and the save Button. However, you must write the location of the password and ID.
(WARNING!: You must be careful to place the login box at exactly the location of the basic image. This means that to change the location of the login box, you must use Paint.net and edit the coordinates. We'll spend much more than that, so the box should be EXACTLY at the same place.)

Here's how it could look like:



The loginbg is now finished. Save it as a .tga .

Now the second part....

Here's how I do it :



I opened all the files needed to mod.

In the 3 exit button files ( DOWN, FOCUS and UP), I copy/paste what is in the black square for the exit button.
For me, UP and DOWN buttons are always the same.
For the focus Button, I only change the color of the word, (or I add something) :



The first button is the ExitButtonUp.
The second is the ExitButtonFOCUS(I add a curved line below the Exit)
The Third is the ExitButtonDOWN.

I did the same thing with the Loginbutton and the SaveButton.



The first is the SaveButtonOff.
The second is the SaveButtonOf.
The third is the LoginUp.
The fourth is the LoginFOCUS (I add a curved line below the Begin)
The fifth is the LoginDown.

5. Save and try


Now you're done with modz
Save all the files as .tga, put them in the good directory
AND YOU'RE DONE!!!

Here is mine while In Game. :


Now I just hope you'll enjoy

6. My files

If you want to see my files, here they are
There are actually other ways to mod. If you know an other way, post it here

VirusTotal : VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner
Virusscan : Learn How to Mod.rar - Jotti's malware scan
Learn How to Mod.rarattachment deleted · 1,107 downloads before removal
Awesome Tut. Deserves sticky
Nice TUT....
Thank you! I have already received several Pm's from people who thanked me. I am very glad that you find this to be useful.
Nice job.
/Stickied for more people to learn.
Nice one.
Wow thank you Coke.
Hope I'll help some guyz
Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
Wow thank you Coke.
Hope I'll help some guyz
lol no problem.
I think this might help newcomers a lot.


you dont know anything about Photoshop.

That Background Sucks at all /

Go and Play Barbies and learn how to MOD.
Quote Originally Posted by DrugDealerx View Post

you dont know anything about Photoshop.

That Background Sucks at all /

Go and Play Barbies and learn how to MOD.
If you are so good, make a mod /
Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post


If you are so good, make a mod /

Youre Putting a Guide and You suck doing it. thats the point.

I dont know how to MOD, but i dont post Guide Threads Though
Ты дебил ебанный! Задроченный пиздорван! Если пидарас ты ебанный, чувак выложил нормальный гайд, хуля ты рвань вонючая его обсираешь? Тебе б ебло нахуярить по нормальному, чтоб ты пидор не выебывался, как последняя блять вонючая. Знает он, блять но не пишет, ну и не пиши ни хуя, а ты вместо чтоб что-то полезное сделать для форума, пиздишь тут гондон, за флуд надо тебя банить охуярка такого блять, ты ж сука даже на своем родном английском языке даже писать грамотно не умеешь, хуесос обкончанный, так нехуя вообще здесь выебываться как последняя ублюдочная анчутка!
Всем пока, спасибо за внимание, ищем перевод в Гугле! ))))
А братану- Hey, xXModz, very nice and very important job! thanx to you from russian members of this forum. Dont think about this guy talking any shit about you.
PS Translate this text in Google but Idontthink that it will be helpfull ))))
Quote Originally Posted by ZeroStone View Post
Ты дебил ебанный! Задроченный пиздорван! Если пидарас ты ебанный, чувак выложил нормальный гайд, хуля ты рвань вонючая его обсираешь? Тебе б ебло нахуярить по нормальному, чтоб ты пидор не выебывался, как последняя блять вонючая. Знает он, блять но не пишет, ну и не пиши ни хуя, а ты вместо чтоб что-то полезное сделать для форума, пиздишь тут гондон, за флуд надо тебя банить охуярка такого блять, ты ж сука даже на своем родном английском языке даже писать грамотно не умеешь, хуесос обкончанный, так нехуя вообще здесь выебываться как последняя ублюдочная анчутка!
Всем пока, спасибо за внимание, ищем перевод в Гугле! ))))
А братану- Hey, xXModz, very nice and very important job! thanx to you from russian members of this forum. Dont think about this guy talking any shit about you.
PS Translate this text in Google but Idontthink that it will be helpfull ))))
google translated this:
You moron ebanny! Zadrochenny pizdorvan! If you ****** ebanny dude posted a normal guide, hulya you trash his dirty stinking? You b eblo nahuyarit on normal, so that you do not fag vyebyvalsya, the latest fucking smelly. He knows fuck but does not write well, and do not write any dick, and you instead get something useful done for the forum, then steal condom for flooding should you ban ohuyarka such a fucking bitch you are, even in his native English, even do not know how to write competently, cocksucker obkonchanny so nehuya all here vyebyvatsya the latest mongrel anchutka!
Bye everyone, thank you for your attention, looking for translate in Google! ))))
A Bro
soooo fckng hilarieus xD
then steal codom for flooding? omfg! ;D

and do not write any dick?
lol read it
ROFL!!!
wdf this what language
edit thx for this topic
omgg nice information man

:d
Posts 1–15 of 83 · Page 1 of 6

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?