[Release] Quick Scan

Posts 16–21 of 21 · Page 2 of 2
Yep, the guy with the idea is no doubt the guy making all the money, the coders are just a means to an end. We do their fucking dirty work and they get paid a shitload. Life's fair [not]
I agree 100%, and that has been my standing since day 1 of my arrival, which is why I still propose a application development team, coding and concept doesn't have to be complex, Just allow for convenience and ease, or some innovations.
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
I agree 100%, and that has been my standing since day 1 of my arrival, which is why I still propose a application development team, coding and concept doesn't have to be complex, Just allow for convenience and ease, or some innovations.
We still want the app team...well I do anyway, but you haven't been on MSN in weeks and we're all shit at concepts /yea (I know you've been busy, no biggie)
Well, We have a team, and the guidelines still remain, I will be on, I was on 3 times today btw. Ask Kevin and hassan

I just want to see the team move to commercial development for MPGH , asked dave, he was thinking about it, haven't talked to much about it since.

@ Developers making money compared to the buyer or company behind the application.

Really, there is a structure to it.

If you are a I-phone application developer, the money is basically all yours, whatever price you set, minus 30% and 100 (to be a developer per year)

If you are a application developer who sells custom applications, the money is all yours.

If you are a developer who freelances, then it's a win , win/lose , lose , lose,lose situation.

so, If you are a freelancer and a company wants you to make an application and you give them a quote, you are making what you want anyway, if they offer and you like the offer, you are making what you want anyway, if they offer and you take and the application is a success, then good for them, get the idea?

Example: A long time ago I was offered a lot of money to create a bar code scanner for I-phone that scanned both Qrcode and standard bar-codes, I was not proficient at developing in objective C, I created I-phone applications, but all web apps. The offer (if i remember correctly) was 20,000, Someone else took the job, created the application and made a decent amount of money, However, the developer gets the win, because in 1 week of this application for sale for 2.99 he sold maybe > 1500, then free versions got released by other companies, so the free versions became a "Household name" and this company didn't even make back what they spent for it.

Point is, how much a developer makes is up to you, no one else, if you think a company is going to make a-lot of money on a application you will develop, then if they offer the proprietary information without a NDA or Non Compete, then Build it your self, but if you do , there is a whole set of guidelines for that as well.


@ million dollar iphone applications, No simple applications will make millions anymore, maybe in the beginning, but the app store is way to big for that now, unless your app does something really cool and different from free versions, good luck selling more then 2000 copies


Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
Well, We have a team, and the guidelines still remain, I will be on, I was on 3 times today btw. Ask Kevin and hassan

I just want to see the team move to commercial development for MPGH , asked dave, he was thinking about it, haven't talked to much about it since.

@ Developers making money compared to the buyer or company behind the application.

Really, there is a structure to it.

If you are a I-phone application developer, the money is basically all yours, whatever price you set, minus 30% and 100 (to be a developer per year)

If you are a application developer who sells custom applications, the money is all yours.

If you are a developer who freelances, then it's a win , win/lose , lose , lose,lose situation.

so, If you are a freelancer and a company wants you to make an application and you give them a quote, you are making what you want anyway, if they offer and you like the offer, you are making what you want anyway, if they offer and you take and the application is a success, then good for them, get the idea?

Example: A long time ago I was offered a lot of money to create a bar code scanner for I-phone that scanned both Qrcode and standard bar-codes, I was not proficient at developing in objective C, I created I-phone applications, but all web apps. The offer (if i remember correctly) was 20,000, Someone else took the job, created the application and made a decent amount of money, However, the developer gets the win, because in 1 week of this application for sale for 2.99 he sold maybe > 1500, then free versions got released by other companies, so the free versions became a "Household name" and this company didn't even make back what they spent for it.

Point is, how much a developer makes is up to you, no one else, if you think a company is going to make a-lot of money on a application you will develop, then if they offer the proprietary information without a NDA or Non Compete, then Build it your self, but if you do , there is a whole set of guidelines for that as well.


@ million dollar iphone applications, No simple applications will make millions anymore, maybe in the beginning, but the app store is way to big for that now, unless your app does something really cool and different from free versions, good luck selling more then 2000 copies


Aha, thanks for the insight! I really want to find a good site for selling software (has a checkout etc so I don't have to deal with that just yet) so I can begin trying to make some money

Let me rephrase the first thing, you are never on when "I" am on
It's so fine ... It will save my time : D
Posts 16–21 of 21 · Page 2 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?