[BO] - Texture Modding Tutorial - [THT Official]

Posts 1–15 of 102 · Page 1 of 7
[BO] - Texture Modding Tutorial - [THT Official]
Here is the tutorial on how to make UNDETECTED texture (skin/camo/scope/...) modifications. Tutorial can help you making all kind of texture modifications not only skins as shown in tutorial.

Credits:
House - making Tutorial
THT - Archangel, Seba & me - Idea
SuperNovaAO - CRCFix


First step
Download TOOLS.rar and extract it on your desktop.

Includes:
- Iwi x Dds (convert the .iwi files to a .dds format, which can be opened in photoshop with the plugin provided)
- dds2iwi (use this to convert your file back to an .iwi file, so it can be used ingame)
- HxD editor (a hex editor)
- CRC32Fixer (use this to make the files work in public matches)
- Photoshop Plugin (to open and edit .dds files in photoshop)

Download Photoshop here

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/210-combat...o-keygens.html

Second step
Follow the tutorial in images and make your custom textures.




















Yay! House it back and better then ever!

/Stickied
Finally. Something for me to dooo.

0rbit make a iwi fix for black ops gogogo
nice tutorial house,i will try to make my own camos
Quote Originally Posted by z11 View Post
Finally. Something for me to dooo.

0rbit make a iwi fix for black ops gogogo
laazy, do it the ol' fashioned way. I used to have to do that. Maybe I might make an app if I'm not busy.
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
laazy, do it the ol' fashioned way. I used to have to do that. Maybe I might make an app if I'm not busy.
lol. When I started I used to do it manually to. But I guess IWIfixer has spoiled me. Good thing I still know how to do it. Im going to start now and release one in a minute here.

Also: LOL "Brazzers Members Area"
So it looks like the only thing that got changed was only copy+pasting the first 30 bytes?
lol it's almost the same way as with modern warfare 2 only that hx editor is different now

well thank you awesome guide

and can you post that blood thingy you just made?

greetz
i don't know what i doing wrong. but after editing with PS the file size is
1.33 MB (1,398,156 bytes) and then when i edit with the HxD Hex Editor
the size is only 1.33 MB (1,398,160 bytes) when i try to play with the custom texture i get this error "couldn't load image ~-gt5_weapon_l96a1_c"

i am in w7 64bits i try it all ready PS CS3,CS4,CS5

pls some help
Hey house idk if it was an error on your end or something different, but you pic says to fill up the third line with null bytes, 16 times. But I only have to do it 10 times to fill up the third line. Doing it 10 leads to the files being the same so you might want to check that out.
wut? well its not really matter of lines, important thing is to increase file size by adding bytes so add 16 bytes right after 00 00 bytes on the end of second line... tool for manually fixing them will be soon provided to you
Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
wut? well its not really matter of lines, important thing is to increase file size by adding bytes so add 16 bytes right after 00 00 bytes on the end of second line... tool for manually fixing them will be soon provided to you
idk what I was doing wrong. I would put my cursor at the start of line 3, and go to edit>insert and do 10 null bytes, and it would put in 16. I dunno why, but if it works I guess I am happy o_O
Posts 1–15 of 102 · Page 1 of 7
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?