[BO] - Texture Modding Tutorial - [THT Official]

Posts 31–45 of 102 · Page 3 of 7
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
Nobody else online can see your mods. All texture mods are client side only. Meaning unless a program on YOUR computer took a screenshot, nobody will know you have it.
This answers my question, I should have rephrased my question. Ok so why do people texture mod if it can be possible to get a ban?
Quote Originally Posted by kbhawkman View Post
This answers my question, I should have rephrased my question. Ok so why do people texture mod if it can be possible to get a ban?
you cant get banned and ill prove it.
Download link is broken
EDIT: Changed link to .me (works now)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline. View Post
you cant get banned and ill prove it.
Can you prove it please

How to make .iwd to .iwi?

Fail tutorial...
Quote Originally Posted by kbhawkman View Post
Download link is broken
EDIT: Changed link to .me (works now)



Can you prove it please

How to make .iwd to .iwi?

Fail tutorial...
fail huh? You have to actually open the iwd to find the iwi's inside. Try looking at the tut a little closer.

And VAC could only scan for changes in game files. Meaning if we make the file size, and the CRC hash the same (which is what this tut shows you how to do) then VAC cant detect that you are using modified files. Punkbuster couldnt either, but PB could take screenshots while VAC cant.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
fail huh? You have to actually open the iwd to find the iwi's inside. Try looking at the tut a little closer.

And VAC could only scan for changes in game files. Meaning if we make the file size, and the CRC hash the same (which is what this tut shows you how to do) then VAC cant detect that you are using modified files. Punkbuster couldnt either, but PB could take screenshots while VAC cant.
And if Vac buys PB's system, then we stop using them.
Ok well I cant open .iwd files. When I dbl click it asks me to search the web to find a program or select from a list, etc... so what do I do? Also tutorial didnt say to goto main folder if u look at screenie writing and then it also never said open .iwd file which I can not do
Quote Originally Posted by kbhawkman View Post
Ok well I cant open .iwd files. When I dbl click it asks me to search the web to find a program or select from a list, etc... so what do I do? Also tutorial didnt say to goto main folder if u look at screenie writing and then it also never said open .iwd file which I can not do
Use winrar or 7zip
I can not open a .dds file in Photoshop CS5
Quote Originally Posted by kbhawkman View Post
I can not open a .dds file in Photoshop CS5


are you even reading the tutorial? People are not going to walk you through step by step writing entirely different tutorials for you. We want to help but you are going to have to figure some of this out on your own.

You have to install the DDS plugin. Its in the tools folder that was given to you. If you have a 64-bit system I have heard modding is out of the question.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post


are you even reading the tutorial? People are not going to walk you through step by step writing entirely different tutorials for you. We want to help but you are going to have to figure some of this out on your own.

You have to install the DDS plugin. Its in the tools folder that was given to you. If you have a 64-bit system I have heard modding is out of the question.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 so I guess I an't mod then?
Quote Originally Posted by kbhawkman View Post
I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 so I guess I an't mod then?
The majority of people with 64bit systems cant get the DDS plugin to work. Maybe someone that does have it working can help, but I have yet to see anything saying so.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
The majority of people with 64bit systems cant get the DDS plugin to work. Maybe someone that does have it working can help, but I have yet to see anything saying so.
i think your reffering to me?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit at your service
give me 1-2 weeks with textures then well see if i get banned
hhhhuuuuummmmmmm
For some reason I cant go to the TOOLS.ZIP download page.
Anyone know why?
I was wanting to see if i could "change" some of the reticules in Multiplayer to the zombie mode reticules for personal use. Unless someone has already done this, but i searched for hours yesterday and found nothing.

EDIT-1: Never-mind, didn't know I had to re-verify my account.

EDIT-2: Alright, well I followed the tutorial step by step and the file size came out just a bit bigger then the original. Not sure what I am doing wrong. It works when I do Combat Training but if I go to join a server it just freezes(APPHANG) and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get out.
By the way I was replacing "weapon_reticle_yinyang" with "weapon_reticle_zom_triangle".
Any help in figuring this out would be much appreciated from me and possibly the rest of the moders here(once this is figured out then we can work on making our own reticles).
Posts 31–45 of 102 · Page 3 of 7
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us