QuestionImage File corrupted

Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
Image File corrupted
Hey guys,
I wanted to make a custom scope, so i copied the "scope_overlay_m14_night_1024#0.iwi" converted it to dds, painted a new scope in it, then I did the Hex-Editor thing. At least I used the CRC-Fixer. Just like the tutorial said it. But somehow there is a message when I start CoD "Image file corrupted"
Someone know what I did wrong?

Greetings
Neokil
You probably made a mistake with the saving of the dds-file

or

You did something wrong with Hex Editing. (without knowing)

When you save the file to early in the hex editing (like just forgot to delete the last 4 but you saved already) and then you do delete them and save it again. it will be corrupted.

Or you do the crc fix twice with the same file it also will be corrupted.

Just restart from the beginning, you probably made a mistake without knowing. It happens to all of us

Good luck!
first question did you convert it back to iwi? if yes read below

no need for hex editing just use this app works like a charm =) and it will probably fix your error

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/229-call-d...x-v1-11-a.html

if it didnt check in photoshop if the file has alpha layer if it does save it as dtx5 interpolated alpha hope i helped =)
ok, once again. What I did now was:
- getting the iwi
- used "iwi x dds"
- painted the new scope and saved it with "***5 interpolated alpha"
- used "dds2iwi"
- used "IWIFix"
- used "CRCFixer"

what can I have done wrong?
Do not generate MIPmaps when saving a scope.
when saving the file in photoshop I used the same setting as in the screenshot tutorial for custom scopes so I think it should be the right one...

or can someone just do me the farvour and convert the png-file into an iwi?
scope_overlay_m40a3_1024#0.pngattachment deleted · 10 downloads before removal
Quote Originally Posted by Neokil View Post
when saving the file in photoshop I used the same setting as in the screenshot tutorial for custom scopes so I think it should be the right one...

or can someone just do me the farvour and convert the png-file into an iwi?
wtf is a png file? you need dds file also you need 2 virus scans I think
and as I said use iwifix for the hexedit part saves you time and is super easy
Quote Originally Posted by Neokil View Post
when saving the file in photoshop I used the same setting as in the screenshot tutorial for custom scopes so I think it should be the right one...

or can someone just do me the farvour and convert the png-file into an iwi?
its a freaking image what am i suppose to do with it set it as a background? dds file is the one i need
Quote Originally Posted by .:MUS1CFR34K:. View Post
its a freaking image what am i suppose to do with it set it as a background? dds file is the one i need
You need to chill out. He uploaded the picture so you could put it on the dds yourself.
Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
You need to chill out. He uploaded the picture so you could put it on the dds yourself.
wait wut? thats possible and sorry for freaking out I will download it tomorow and fix it for him
/approved your little attachment
I uploaded it as png, because I'm not sure with saving it in Photoshop. I thought it would be easier...
ohh... ok I found the mistake... I had the dds-files and the iwi-files in the same directory when I used the CRC-Fixer. Now it works to convert them, but something went wrong with my pictures colors. How is the transparency defined in scopes? (So how do I do solid lines?)

Greetings
Neokil
Quote Originally Posted by Neokil View Post
ohh... ok I found the mistake... I had the dds-files and the iwi-files in the same directory when I used the CRC-Fixer. Now it works to convert them, but something went wrong with my pictures colors. How is the transparency defined in scopes? (So how do I do solid lines?)

Greetings
Neokil
Fix the alpha..
ok... so its just a normal alpha-cannel?
I thought it would be some different because you save it as "interpolated alpha"...
Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us