SmileFull Idling Tutorial [For Beginners]

Posts 31–43 of 43 · Page 3 of 3
Quote Originally Posted by Roxter View Post
Idles for 24 hours, obtains 4 weapons.
Plays for two hours obtains 9.
I THOUGHT THE CAP WAS 11?
Also idling doesn't work that well.
did you see yourself keep on idling (attacking and dying) or at server join screen? my method wont work unless you're in a team...

PS. I just idled for 6 hours, got 9 weapons. that just proves you did something wrong, or your cap ended just before you started playing?
Quote Originally Posted by dkofek View Post
they cant ban for idling since they allow it on their console.. if people were idling in other ways (for example text idling) they might get banned.
There is absolutely NO way you can be banned for idling. Text idling isn't even a big deal like people make it seem.
If people got banned for idling, nobody would play TF2. It's just a fact.
Quote Originally Posted by [PA]nts View Post
Danger Monkey, I love you. I've been idling using your method for about 3-4 hours and I have 3 weapons so far. <3
Different types of idling don't matter. Mine is just a way so you can idle + do whatever you want at the same time. All the idling techniques give you the same amount of items.
its really hard to make cant understand this things
Quote Originally Posted by machajr View Post
its really hard to make cant understand this things
I think I made it quite clear and detailed... If you want me to take pictures I could try to but I really don't think there is a need of them..
Nice tutorial.
Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Nice tutorial.
Thanks (:
Quote Originally Posted by bowlcut View Post
I made this tutorial for idling with as little resources as possible, so you can idle + go about your day with no interruptions.
Code:
How to idle like a fucking PRO in Team Fortress 2
1. Open Steam Library
2. Right-click Team Fortress 2
3. Open Team Fortress 2 properties
4. Click "Set Launch Options"
5. Copy paste the following:
-applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 2 +sv_password "likeabaws"
6. Launch Team fortress 2
7. Idle without wasting any of your computer's resources (apart from a little bit of your download/upload speeds)

TO CHECK YOUR DROPS:
1. Grab your Steam URL (http://steamcommunity.com/id/idnamehere OR http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/00102920)
Replace "steamcommunity" with "tf2itmes" (http://tf2items.com/id/idnamehere OR http://tf2items.com/profiles/00102920)
2. Place your backpack link into your browser.
3. Scroll down to where it says "The following items were found but not yet placed in the backpack." Those are your drops.
Enjoy.
how would you re-enable everything to play normally again?
Quote Originally Posted by Zoorave View Post
how would you re-enable everything to play normally again?
Close the game, then just delete what you put in.
If you feel like idling again, then follow the tutorial.
Get it?

If you don't feel like doing that every time, just set a shortcut for steam.exe and place step 5 inside of the "target as" line (or whatever it's called).
Quote Originally Posted by bowlcut View Post
Close the game, then just delete what you put in.
If you feel like idling again, then follow the tutorial.
Get it?

If you don't feel like doing that every time, just set a shortcut for steam.exe and place step 5 inside of the "target as" line (or whatever it's called).
I still don't get why not to use my idling trick over night.. it's not like it's using too much CPU and its as good as your trick.. plus the item received check and disabling the idle is way easier..
Quote Originally Posted by dkofek View Post
I still don't get why not to use my idling trick over night.. it's not like it's using too much CPU and its as good as your trick.. plus the item received check and disabling the idle is way easier..
Erm, no...
Yours takes up much more CPU and upload/download speed, since you're running the game. Then you have to set up binds 'n all that, find a server, etc.
Mine only involves setting up a new icon, copy+pasting a command line in the target line, and running it. Less CPU usage, less upload/download speed usage.
thx for the tut.........
Quote Originally Posted by bowlcut View Post
I made this tutorial for idling with as little resources as possible, so you can idle + go about your day with no interruptions.
Code:
How to idle like a fucking PRO in Team Fortress 2
1. Open Steam Library
2. Right-click Team Fortress 2
3. Open Team Fortress 2 properties
4. Click "Set Launch Options"
5. Copy paste the following:
-applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 2 +sv_password "likeabaws"
6. Launch Team fortress 2
7. Idle without wasting any of your computer's resources (apart from a little bit of your download/upload speeds)

TO CHECK YOUR DROPS:
1. Grab your Steam URL (http://steamcommunity.com/id/idnamehere OR http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/00102920)
Replace "steamcommunity" with "tf2itmes" (http://tf2items.com/id/idnamehere OR http://tf2items.com/profiles/00102920)
2. Place your backpack link into your browser.
3. Scroll down to where it says "The following items were found but not yet placed in the backpack." Those are your drops.
Enjoy.
Now I have a couple of questions. The situation is the console idling, and the second pertains to tf2items.com. So, I launched TF2 in console mode doing it with your launch command, but when it goes through the whole loading process I get a line of text saying that I'm not logged into a steam account. As shown here:http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled-1.pngⓘ
I don't know if its my connection or do you get that same message when you pop it up into console mode too when you start idling? Does it also mean that I won't get my items for being idled since I'm "not logged into a registered Steam account", or does that not affect it?
Then finally I have a question about using tf2items.com. Do I have to be on a premium account of Steam to use the site or can I go on and make an account? Thanks for showing this way out! I've been doing console idling on my main account for a while, but never have thought of doing it this way. It'll be great and most appreciated if you can help me out with the one tiny thing If you need more clips from my console just ask and I'll be happy to send them to you!
Quote Originally Posted by GRiiNCH View Post
Now I have a couple of questions. The situation is the console idling, and the second pertains to tf2items.com. So, I launched TF2 in console mode doing it with your launch command, but when it goes through the whole loading process I get a line of text saying that I'm not logged into a steam account. As shown here:http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled-1.png
I don't know if its my connection or do you get that same message when you pop it up into console mode too when you start idling? Does it also mean that I won't get my items for being idled since I'm "not logged into a registered Steam account", or does that not affect it?
Then finally I have a question about using tf2items.com. Do I have to be on a premium account of Steam to use the site or can I go on and make an account? Thanks for showing this way out! I've been doing console idling on my main account for a while, but never have thought of doing it this way. It'll be great and most appreciated if you can help me out with the one tiny thing If you need more clips from my console just ask and I'll be happy to send them to you!
1. No, it says you log in just fine (as you can see by the bottom line; it says you connected, so there's no way it gives you that error).
2. You don't even need to log in to the website. You can easily just type in your url, and it will work just fine.
For example, mine is TF2 Backpack - NOз | Fuck Tyler , and as you can see, it connects just fine.

Hope I helped.
Posts 31–43 of 43 · Page 3 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us