BF3 Beta Bypass

Posts 1–15 of 43 · Page 1 of 3
So I've been poking around the config files for the server, trying to get it running in offline mode, with direct IP, now that the Beta is over. I've come across this:
-Online.Environment OnlineEnvironment_Production
Now, my thinking is, the server exe will have these strings complied into it. Do you think we can reverse engineer it, find these strings, and replace OnlineEnvironment_Production with something like OnlineEnvironment_Final (A guess) and get it working 'offline'?

Ok, some progress. I ran it through a debugger, and got:

OnlineEnvironment_Production
OnlineEnvironment_Development
OnlineEnvironment_Test
OnlineEnvironment_Certification
OnlineEnvironment_Count

Using OnlineEnvironment_Test, I get the server running, but it at first says Blaze authenticates correctly, and then changes to incorrect.

Quick thing, am I trying to connect right?
Shortcut:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Beta\bf3.exe" -connect localhost:25200
I think it is possible to do it since that u can host the servers yourself + you launch with a browser + we all have battlefield 3 beta on our origin account
I'll be glad if you make it happened
Quote Originally Posted by fred268 View Post
So I've been poking around the config files for the server, trying to get it running in offline mode, with direct IP, now that the Beta is over. I've come across this:
-Online.Environment OnlineEnvironment_Production
Now, my thinking is, the server exe will have these strings complied into it. Do you think we can reverse engineer it, find these strings, and replace OnlineEnvironment_Production with something like OnlineEnvironment_Final (A guess) and get it working 'offline'?

Ok, some progress. I ran it through a debugger, and got:

OnlineEnvironment_Production
OnlineEnvironment_Development
OnlineEnvironment_Test
OnlineEnvironment_Certification
OnlineEnvironment_Count

Using OnlineEnvironment_Test, I get the server running, but it at first says Blaze authenticates correctly, and then changes to incorrect.

Quick thing, am I trying to connect right?
Shortcut:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 Beta\bf3.exe" -connect localhost:25200
Well it's possible, the only problem is getting it to connect to a sql if you can get the BF3 of the game down im sure the website lunching wouldn't be had either.
Maybe there is some kind of check on the game itself, so you would have a lot more work to do, rather than only reversing the server...
If we got servers working, a website would not be difficult at all.
Thing is, I never got the server working on my computer, so could someone who did try changing those values, see if it helps? My bf3, running with the shortcut above, just opens and closes after 10 seconds, so I don't know if its a server issue, or the game.
Working on this myself, you have to get Blaze authentication ok and then not error out. When you see the error you will see in the server log it restarts the server in a failed state waiting for the OK.
So, I got past Blaze, I am not getting errors.
Thing is, I still have never got BF3 to launch by using the shortcut - anyone got suggestions?
You got past blaze? Server sends a request to Blaze and Blaze is sending back a null.

It may be possible someone with good HEX editor or injector skills would change the null to any other number but unless this is what you did, which is all you really need to do, then it works, or you didn't get past Blaze and it doesn't work.
Well, this is what I get:

So it would appear that it works?

EDIT: I have a feeling that even if we were to get the servers up, we won't be able to connect, I have a feeling 'EACoreServer.exe' may cause some issues.
Quote Originally Posted by fred268 View Post
I have a feeling that even if we were to get the servers up, we won't be able to connect, I have a feeling 'EACoreServer.exe' may cause some issues.
Did u try it? What kind of issues?
I've been trying all day :P
I have a suspicion that its connecting to a master server, which is a pain. Does anyone know of a program to monitor an executables network connections?

EDIT: Ok, I am watching my network with the server and game running.
A log from when I open the game - Origin and the server are already running:
Code:
11/10/2011 9:07:34 PM Removed         Origin.exe           TCP 10.1.1.8:53732         50.16.222.255:443     
11/10/2011 9:07:40 PM Added           EACoreServer.exe     TCP 127.0.0.1:7879         0.0.0.0:*             
11/10/2011 9:07:40 PM Added           EACoreServer.exe     TCP 10.1.1.8:53773         159.153.98.92:443     
11/10/2011 9:07:52 PM Added           bf3.exe              TCP 10.1.1.8:53776         159.153.103.28:443    
11/10/2011 9:07:54 PM Removed         bf3.exe              TCP 10.1.1.8:53776         159.153.103.28:443    
11/10/2011 9:07:56 PM Added           Origin.exe           TCP 10.1.1.8:53777         50.16.222.255:443     
11/10/2011 9:08:10 PM Removed         EACoreServer.exe     TCP 127.0.0.1:7879         0.0.0.0:*             
11/10/2011 9:08:12 PM Removed         EACoreServer.exe     TCP 10.1.1.8:53773         159.153.98.92:443
And some more info on the EACoreServer process:
Code:
==================================================
Process Name      : EACoreServer.exe
Process ID        : 6332
Protocol          : TCP
Local Port        : 7879
Local Port Name   : 
Local Address     : 127.0.0.1
Remote Port       : 
Remote Port Name  : 
Remote Address    : 0.0.0.0
Remote Host Name  : 
State             : Listening
Process Path      : C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\Core\EACoreServer.exe
Product Name      : EA Core Server Application
File Description  : EA Core Server Application
File Version      : 1, 0, 0, 1
Company           : Electronic Arts
Process Created On: 11/10/2011 9:06:18 PM
User Name         :FR-PC\FR
Process Services  : 
Process Attributes: A
Added On          : 11/10/2011 9:06:19 PM
Module Filename   : 
Remote IP Country : 
Window Title      : 
==================================================

==================================================
Process Name      : EACoreServer.exe
Process ID        : 6332
Protocol          : TCP
Local Port        : 53737
Local Port Name   : 
Local Address     : 10.1.1.8
Remote Port       : 443
Remote Port Name  : https
Remote Address    : 159.153.98.92
Remote Host Name  : proxy.novafusion.ea.com
State             : Established
Process Path      : C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\Core\EACoreServer.exe
Product Name      : EA Core Server Application
File Description  : EA Core Server Application
File Version      : 1, 0, 0, 1
Company           : Electronic Arts
Process Created On: 11/10/2011 9:06:18 PM
User Name         : FR-PC\FR
Process Services  : 
Process Attributes: A
Added On          : 11/10/2011 9:06:19 PM
Module Filename   : 
Remote IP Country : 
Window Title      : 
==================================================
Quote Originally Posted by fred268 View Post
I've been trying all day :P
I have a suspicion that its connecting to a master server, which is a pain. Does anyone know of a program to monitor an executables network connections?

EDIT: Ok, I am watching my network with the server and game running.
A log from when I open the game - Origin and the server are already running:
Code:
11/10/2011 9:07:34 PM Removed         Origin.exe           TCP 10.1.1.8:53732         50.16.222.255:443     
11/10/2011 9:07:40 PM Added           EACoreServer.exe     TCP 127.0.0.1:7879         0.0.0.0:*             
11/10/2011 9:07:40 PM Added           EACoreServer.exe     TCP 10.1.1.8:53773         159.153.98.92:443     
11/10/2011 9:07:52 PM Added           bf3.exe              TCP 10.1.1.8:53776         159.153.103.28:443    
11/10/2011 9:07:54 PM Removed         bf3.exe              TCP 10.1.1.8:53776         159.153.103.28:443    
11/10/2011 9:07:56 PM Added           Origin.exe           TCP 10.1.1.8:53777         50.16.222.255:443     
11/10/2011 9:08:10 PM Removed         EACoreServer.exe     TCP 127.0.0.1:7879         0.0.0.0:*             
11/10/2011 9:08:12 PM Removed         EACoreServer.exe     TCP 10.1.1.8:53773         159.153.98.92:443
And some more info on the EACoreServer process:
Code:
==================================================
Process Name      : EACoreServer.exe
Process ID        : 6332
Protocol          : TCP
Local Port        : 7879
Local Port Name   : 
Local Address     : 127.0.0.1
Remote Port       : 
Remote Port Name  : 
Remote Address    : 0.0.0.0
Remote Host Name  : 
State             : Listening
Process Path      : C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\Core\EACoreServer.exe
Product Name      : EA Core Server Application
File Description  : EA Core Server Application
File Version      : 1, 0, 0, 1
Company           : Electronic Arts
Process Created On: 11/10/2011 9:06:18 PM
User Name         :FR-PC\FR
Process Services  : 
Process Attributes: A
Added On          : 11/10/2011 9:06:19 PM
Module Filename   : 
Remote IP Country : 
Window Title      : 
==================================================

==================================================
Process Name      : EACoreServer.exe
Process ID        : 6332
Protocol          : TCP
Local Port        : 53737
Local Port Name   : 
Local Address     : 10.1.1.8
Remote Port       : 443
Remote Port Name  : https
Remote Address    : 159.153.98.92
Remote Host Name  : proxy.novafusion.ea.com
State             : Established
Process Path      : C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BATTLE~1\Core\EACoreServer.exe
Product Name      : EA Core Server Application
File Description  : EA Core Server Application
File Version      : 1, 0, 0, 1
Company           : Electronic Arts
Process Created On: 11/10/2011 9:06:18 PM
User Name         : FR-PC\FR
Process Services  : 
Process Attributes: A
Added On          : 11/10/2011 9:06:19 PM
Module Filename   : 
Remote IP Country : 
Window Title      : 
==================================================
ok dont bite my head off yer hear me out had a idea that prob wont work but hay i have no idea how tis hole think works
ok so bf3.exe and all of the rest of the ea blote is trying to connect to blace to get theas cpp files well the server dose anyway

so if out bf3 server leatcher could still leach the .cpp server and we like use the hosts files from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

to do some crazy like this

127.0.0.1 159.153.103.28:443
127.0.0.1 http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/

or a port ford server thing
159.153.103.28/BF/Server/Online/Blaze/BlazeServerBackend.cpp - 127.0.0.1/BF/Server/Online/Blaze/BlazeServerBackend.cpp

or
c:/BF/Server/Online/Blaze/BlazeServerBackend.cpp

yer i really have no idea what im on abort but im just planting seeds
We don't need those cpp files, we can trick the server by putting it in test mode.
However, we might need this trick to highjack the requests, see what data is requested, and give it back, so both bf3.exe and EACoreServer.exe get the 'right' data back.
This I will look into tomorrow.
Does anyone have the files for the server ? i'm gonna try this to maybe i can help.
Just incase i missed it i'l look on the forums if anyone posted the files already just incase some troll wants to troll on my post :/
Posts 1–15 of 43 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?