SolvedPSU quickly

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
PSU quickly
Is Thermaltake ToughPower XT 775w a good choice?
I'm short on money right now so yeah.
It won the Enthusiast silver award on HardOCP, which is a pretty good review site.
@Doc
@Alen
@iverson954360
I believe it's a very decent PSU, with great performance.
However it's not the most efficient one (as in energy consumption) nor the most quiet one (44,7 dB(A)) compared to others in the same pricerange
Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo:5682940
I believe it's a very decent PSU, with great performance.
However it's not the most efficient one (as in energy consumption) nor the most quiet one (44,7 dB(A)) compared to others in the same pricerange
Like what?
Quote Originally Posted by Flying Magical Ponies View Post
Like what?
(The persons you mentioned can probably give you a better answer but well)
The 'FSP Aurum Gold 700W' for example should be more quiet and efficient.
What kinda price range are you looking at? Personally I tend to recommend Tagan (because I just love them, aside from the little delay between the statuses they had with the 900W one ) and CM (again, although they aren't as fancy as Tagan, they're quite nice), Personally I don't mind having an inefficient PSU, the few extra watts I drain more from the environment could not be given less fucks.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen:5683382
What kinda price range are you looking at? Personally I tend to recommend Tagan (because I just love them, aside from the little delay between the statuses they had with the 900W one ) and CM (again, although they aren't as fancy as Tagan, they're quite nice), Personally I don't mind having an inefficient PSU, the few extra watts I drain more from the environment could not be given less fucks.
I need 750w, under 200 in Australia.
I heard cooler master GX was pretty bad.
Quote Originally Posted by Flying Magical Ponies View Post
I need 750w, under 200 in Australia.
I heard cooler master GX was pretty bad.
Dunno about all their series, but their higher-end ones are pretty reliable. If you're looking for aussie stuff it's best to ask @Doc or @Stevenom, I wouldn't know anything about what you guys can get
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Dunno about all their series, but their higher-end ones are pretty reliable. If you're looking for aussie stuff it's best to ask @Doc or @Stevenom, I wouldn't know anything about what you guys can get
I've already decided.
Corsair TX750M.
Is that good?
Quote Originally Posted by Flying Magical Ponies View Post
I've already decided.
Corsair TX750M.
Is that good?
Corsair would most definitely be up there in quality. You're paying for solid build quality and efficiency rather than any wizbang wizardry, and they have good tech support/RMA service. I would get the Corsair if you can find it for a good price.
Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


Corsair would most definitely be up there in quality. You're paying for solid build quality and efficiency rather than any wizbang wizardry, and they have good tech support/RMA service. I would get the Corsair if you can find it for a good price.
I was looking at JohnnyGuru reviews, it wasn't as good as a Silverstone Strider Plus 750.
Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Review
Corsair TX750M 750W Review
Quote Originally Posted by Flying Magical Ponies View Post
I was looking at JohnnyGuru reviews, it wasn't as good as a Silverstone Strider Plus 750.
Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Review
Corsair TX750M 750W Review
You're comparing a fully modular power supply to a partially modular power supply

Corsair AX750 Power Supply Review

The AX750 seems to be better in every aspect other than pricing which is 70 dollars more at PCCG

Heres another review of the older HX750 which is 44 dollars more than the Silverstone at PCCG

Corsair HX750W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Go for the Silverstone if wanna save the money. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


You're comparing a fully modular power supply to a partially modular power supply

Corsair AX750 Power Supply Review

The AX750 seems to be better in every aspect other than pricing which is 70 dollars more at PCCG

Heres another review of the older HX750 which is 44 dollars more than the Silverstone at PCCG

Corsair HX750W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Go for the Silverstone if wanna save the money. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Well I am short on money so yeah.
But is it any good?
Quote Originally Posted by Flying Magical Ponies View Post
Well I am short on money so yeah.
But is it any good?
The Silverstone? Well they're a well known brand, I've never heard of any dramas with them so yeah it probably is good.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?