QuestionHelpwhich should i get?

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
which should i get?
amd athlon II x3 450 3.2GHz or Intel Pentium E5700 3.00GHz?? which is better for gaming (like crysis 2 and bf3)? :3
I would say get the Intel as it has more cache as compared to the AMD Athlon. (2MB on the Intel vs 1.5MB on the AMD)

And .2 GHz wouldn't really make a difference, right?
i guess not... but wat bout the core?
Hmmm. Good question.

I would still go for the Intel (though it only has 2 cores whereas the AMD has 3 cores) just because I am Intel biased :P

I had a bad experience with an AMD processor once and I didn't touch one ever since. So Intel is the way to go in my opinion.
The AMD is approximately 30% more powerful than the Intel according to passmark's benchmark. Personally I would go with the AMD, but hell, if this is for a new build just go for a newer CPU generation?
He's from Vietnam, lol.
They BOTH are HORRIBLE for Gaming. On my old PC i have a Intel Pentium E5700 with a AMD Radeon 6770, it gets below 30 fps for Bf3 on medium (1280 x 1024). It is alright for low requirement games (Crossfire, CSS and etc.) but for mid-high end games i wouldnt get either. It even struggled to run Dota 2 which uses the "source engine". And it was the CPU bottlenecking, my friend has an Intel i5 2500k and an AMD Radeon 6770 and can run BF3 on high (1920 x 1080) at 40-55fps.

But if you had to choose i would get the AMD one, why? Because you can upgrade it in the future if you have AMD 3+ mobo.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us