CPU Choices

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
CPU Choices
I was wondering if I should get the Intel Core i7-3930K (12M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) , the Intel Core i7-3770K (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) or the AMD FX 8150 (8M Cache, up to 4.2 GHz). I know the AMD is the fastest but what impact does cache size have? Preferably I would like a choice between the Intels as they are less expensive.
Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
i7-3770K .
Can I get a reason? Would you choose the AMD FX over the 3770?
Quote Originally Posted by xboxy View Post
Can I get a reason? Would you choose the AMD FX over the 3770?
Because Bulldozer flopped and are terrible?
Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


Because Bulldozer flopped and are terrible?
Hmm no this isnt true, Bulldozers are great they just slacked and still havent updated windows to work with all 8 cores after 10 years of waiting its annoying yes but meh, the Fx also has the guiness world record for Speed and performance
Intel Core i7-3770K (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) Intel Its Better Then AMD if you ask me
Is there a processor any of you would recommend?
It depends on what you are doing with your computer.

For gaming: i7-3930K
Most games are only able to use 2 cores, the i7's power is split between 6 cores and the AMD's between 8 cores. That means more power per core in the i7.
The only engine i think is capable of using more than 2 cores is the Frostbite 3 engine, and no major game has been released with that engine yet.

If you look here PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End you can see that the i7 performs better in their test.

The AMD is better for hosting servers and rendering movies or 3D graphic.

I don't know where you live, but in Denmark the Intels costs more than twice of the AMD's.

The AMD is 300 USD in Denmark and the Intels are around 800 USD.

You usually say that AMD is better value, but Intel is better.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?