PostDS Nospread Module

Posts 31–45 of 60 · Page 3 of 4
Quote Originally Posted by Dessix View Post
-snip-
Will you please show me how one would normally do it? I learned it returns a vector, which you turn into an angle via result:Angle(). But what would one do with the angle after that? Could you show me?
Quote Originally Posted by MeepDarknessMeep View Post
Will you please show me how one would normally do it? I learned it returns a vector, which you turn into an angle via result:Angle(). But what would one do with the angle after that? Could you show me?
At that point you take the UserCmd and call its member function "SetViewAngles" with the first argument being the result from your previous code.
Quote Originally Posted by Dessix View Post
At that point you take the UserCmd and call its member function "SetViewAngles" with the first argument being the result from your previous code.
I actually tried that in the beginning, it just sent me spiraling in a circle going up and right.
Quote Originally Posted by MeepDarknessMeep View Post
I actually tried that in the beginning, it just sent me spiraling in a circle going up and right.
You should be using negative vectors for the cones- I think that brings you down and to the left on average (ie -VECTOR_5_DEGREES for SMG); If you combine a norecoil with this or, possibly, set the player's EyeAngles to the position you wanted to be aiming at (The second argument to manipulateshot) you should end up with a steady camera and Nospread.

Edit:

And for those who would do me verbal harm (Sticks and stones etc...), here is the page wherein I found the base for this source, riddled with race conditions, threading issues, leaks, and a problem where garbage collection was eating certain arguments before they were to be accessed:
http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1058885
If it makes you less hurt, I declare this Nospread to be a derivative work from code originally posted by one MayorBee of Facepunch.
Quote Originally Posted by Dessix View Post
You should be using negative vectors for the cones- I think that brings you down and to the left on average (ie -VECTOR_5_DEGREES for SMG); If you combine a norecoil with this or, possibly, set the player's EyeAngles to the position you wanted to be aiming at (The second argument to manipulateshot) you should end up with a steady camera and Nospread.

Edit:

And for those who would do me verbal harm (Sticks and stones etc...), here is the page wherein I found the base for this source, riddled with race conditions, threading issues, leaks, and a problem where garbage collection was eating certain arguments before they were to be accessed:
gm_deco source code?
If it makes you less hurt, I declare this Nospread to be a derivative work from code originally posted by one MayorBee of Facepunch.
This is just gmcl_deco, you literally did nothing but change a few headers, this isn't yours and you don't have the right to copyright it. Just because it isn't copyrighted by deco doesn't mean it's yours. Also, this barely works correctly and doesn't even utilize backward compatible headers.
Quote Originally Posted by Dessix View Post
I have taken an engine from a junkyard and brought fire to its chambers- do the same and I will allow you the right to call that engine your own, but in neither case have we claimed that we invented the concept of an engine.
So effectively what you're saying is you stole a module and changed a header and now it's yours?
Awesome release!

This is how I did it for TTT

vecCone = Vector( -1 * lp:GetActiveWeapon().Primary.Cone, -1 * lp:GetActiveWeapon().Primary.Cone, 0 )
DS_manipulateShot(DS_md5PseudoRandom(DS_getUCMDCom mandNumber(cmd)), vecTarget, vecCone):Angle()
How do i use this?
Quote Originally Posted by thelolslols View Post
How do i use this??>??
This is basically for coders to implement. If you want to see an example, look right above your post
Quote Originally Posted by MeepDarknessMeep View Post
This is basically for coders to implement. If you want to see an example, look right above your post
What does your code do exactly? Does it turn on nospread for all weapons? It looks like it has variables that aren't set to anything in it (i.e MB.shooteveryone). So I wouldn't be able to just load this up and have nospread would I? Is there any code that doesn't rely on code that isn't provided?

Sorry, but I'm very new to modules and working with them
Quote Originally Posted by LordOfGears2 View Post
What does your code do exactly? Does it turn on nospread for all weapons? It looks like it has variables that aren't set to anything in it (i.e MB.shooteveryone). So I wouldn't be able to just load this up and have nospread would I? Is there any code that doesn't rely on code that isn't provided?

Sorry, but I'm very new to modules and working with them
That was only part of my code. It should be self explanatory though.
im confused how do i use this?
Alright, for the record (Yet again...), this module is for developers only, if you don't know how to use it- refer to an Aimbot that implemented Nospread in order to put this into your own code. If you aren't a developer, please don't clutter the thread with "How do I use this?" for the fourth time :S
Posts 31–45 of 60 · Page 3 of 4
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us