Private Server LAN-Auto starter?

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Private Server LAN-Auto starter?
This is more of a pricecheck than an offer to buy anything.

Long story short I no longer have gaming-worthy internet and due to college and recent surgeries I don't have the time or patience to attempt to create my own private server.
I do however have some spare cash and was wondering what an experienced coder would charge to let me have their (LAN ready) P-Server source code along with an auto-starter (like the one released a long time ago by either botmaker or krazy, I can't remember who specifically) for personal use (not to redistribute or create my own online P-Server)

tl:dr I'm looking into paying someone what little spare money I have available to create an auto-starter for an LAN, precoded private server so I can play with friends over local internet.

Please forgive any spelling errors, etc. I'm on a phone and half asleep.
More details?
Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
More details?
Such as? I don't know that there's anything I can say or do that would prove I don't intend to redistribute the server files, and I don't want to set a specific price in fear that I may overbid on the price and get ripped off, or underbid and drive away potential sellers.
As for the server itself, I would hope for the server to have the classic dungeons/items and the castle/O2, the new dungeons/events/items would be great, but I understand that not many people have made a working "Epic Dungeon" or "The Shatters" or whatever the new dungeons are called. I don't really care about the new pets/vanity items/etc. although I would love a working, fame based, dye/dungeon key system and anything else that someone has to offer. I would definitely pay extra if someone could help me put in new items/classes after I get the p-server running, provided I have the available money.
I would also pay for a working auto-patcher for new items, or some kind of GUI/tool for creating items/maps. (That is assuming I have any spare capitol.)
Finally, I would really, really like LAN as I've moved back in with my family (due to the recent surgeries) and would love to play on a P-Server with my siblings and any friends who come over.

tl;dr: I'm looking for a [preferably up to date or atleast pre-kabam/ocean trench era version of] rotmg that can is easy to start (preferably one click start-up if possible) that has working LAN (once again, ideally one click startup, but I understand that may not be possible. Please don't think I'm being demanding, I'm just very ignorant on how coding works/what is and isn't possible.)

P.S. - - - - Sorry for the slow reply. As I said in the first post, I was on my phone and every time I tried to reply I lost connection and had to start over again until I gave up and waited to have access to a real computer.
Quote Originally Posted by swag daddy View Post
wrong section man
I put it in buying/selling, but a mod or whoever moved it here. I'm not sure why, but if they want it here, here is where it will be.
Quote Originally Posted by 51Apache50 View Post
I put it in buying/selling, but a mod or whoever moved it here. I'm not sure why, but if they want it here, here is where it will be.
that is really weird mustve been an accident
Quote Originally Posted by swag daddy View Post
that is really weird mustve been an accident
I would assume so, but they put it here so I'll leave it until they do something about it or ask me to.

EDIT: Also, in case someone was wondering, we would use an OMM who would test the starter and make sure it worked and included everything promised and then I will pay in whatever way the seller wants, I don't really care unless it's something very, very weird (Paysafe, UGCs, Paypal, gift codes for Steam are all good.) and after the payment went through the OMM would pass on the files and then delete them from their computer. (Assuming that's what the seller wants, I don't care if you want to release/resell the auto-starter after I buy it.)
Quote Originally Posted by 51Apache50 View Post
classic dungeons/items and the castle/O2, the new dungeons/events/items
Stop already, you're asking too much.
Also, you mentioned you have siblings. If you have sisters (18yo+ because pedophilia is not allowed), you should also be able to pay with photos et cetera. You should point that out.
Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Stop already, you're asking too much.
Also, you mentioned you have siblings. If you have sisters (18yo+ because pedophilia is not allowed), you should also be able to pay with photos et cetera. You should point that out.
I figured it probably wouldn't happen, but there's a few P-Servers with the classic dungeons and I've got a couple hundred dollars so I figured it wasn't that bad of an offer.
And sorry, I only have one sister and she's 4. I have a couple brothers that are 18+ if you're interested though, I might could talk them into wearing wigs if that's your thing.
Quote Originally Posted by 51Apache50 View Post
there's a few P-Servers with the classic dungeons
Your expectation must be really low if you consider existing server decent.
I wouldn't consider a dungeon working if it hasn't got procedural map generation. If you just wanted static dungeons, then it's full out there.
Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Your expectation must be really low if you consider existing server decent.
I wouldn't consider a dungeon working if it hasn't got procedural map generation. If you just wanted static dungeons, then it's full out there.
I heard a lot of people were custom making 10+ different versions of the same dungeon to make it seem semi-random, I'd be very happy with something like that.
I just have an unhealthy addiction to RotMG, I've been playing it since nearly the start and now I'm going into withdrawal without it. I swear, RotMG is worse than any of the like 10 painkillers that I was on for the surgery haha.

EDIT: Also, I haven't played any private server dungeons, so I really don't know much about them. This post has been made using knowledge gathered from a couple hours browsing the released P-Servers' posts and seeing what everyone advertised their servers as having.
Quote Originally Posted by 51Apache50 View Post
I heard a lot of people were custom making 10+ different versions of the same dungeon to make it seem semi-random, I'd be very happy with something like that.
Still not good enough for me to put my name on them.
We'll someday rewrite the whole server, but right now we're doing other things (my gomaild for example).
Quote Originally Posted by 51Apache50 View Post
what everyone advertised
Never trust threads that advertise a modified server version. 90% of the time they're just slightly different from vanilla.

What you could do in this time could be learning to program for example. You should pick a language you like (syntax-wise) and rewrite the server on your own. You can check my GitHub (see signature) for existing code if you need help, or just ask.
As for the various game-related, mathematical or logic problems, check out Amit Patel's blog (check the About if you don't know who he is).
I don't understand why you're offering pics, but I am disturbed at the offer. Went to a REALLY dark place quickly.
Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Still not good enough for me to put my name on them.
We'll someday rewrite the whole server, but right now we're doing other things (my gomaild for example).

Never trust threads that advertise a modified server version. 90% of the time they're just slightly different from vanilla.

What you could do in this time could be learning to program for example. You should pick a language you like (syntax-wise) and rewrite the server on your own. You can check my GitHub (see signature) for existing code if you need help, or just ask.
As for the various game-related, mathematical or logic problems, check out Amit Patel's blog (check the About if you don't know who he is).
Thanks for the advice I may try that, but I don't have much free time at the moment. I read the readme for the gomaild thing and it sounds pretty cool. If you don't mind me asking, why do you (and a few others) just give away your work for free?
Quote Originally Posted by BloodySpork View Post
I don't understand why you're offering pics, but I am disturbed at the offer. Went to a REALLY dark place quickly.
So I take it that's a no on the wig pictures?
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us