"Image file corrupt" error

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
"Image file corrupt" error
I made custom hud skin, hud_dragunov but when i put it to iw_02 and start game I get error: "Image file corrupt"
I followed tutorial in youtube named "How to make Custom camos and textures in MW3 TUTORIAL! Moderwarfare 3(HD)" perfectly except i exported the edited .iwi file to dds with gimp and its dds plugin.
Quote Originally Posted by sharperhd View Post
I followed tutorial in youtube
Quote Originally Posted by sharperhd View Post
perfectly
Apparently not
Quote Originally Posted by sharperhd View Post
I made custom hud skin, hud_dragunov but when i put it to iw_02 and start game I get error: "Image file corrupt"
I followed tutorial in youtube named "How to make Custom camos and textures in MW3 TUTORIAL! Moderwarfare 3(HD)" perfectly except i exported the edited .iwi file to dds with gimp and its dds plugin.
Well, from the time when I did edit stuff within the game like this.
The DDS export had some settings that had to be right. And if that option was wrong, it would NOT work.
Also, you did do the C3R or what the checksum thingy was named again, so it got fixed?


I made a tutorial a long time ago, it's 9 min long and should provide you with the information I informed you about above
GO TO: 05:40 for the DDS export/saving stuff I mentioned
Did you read the sticky "All tools needed for texture modding"? Is the new .iwi the same size as the original?

Did you also use IWI Fix then CRC Fixer? (in that order)

If you can, tell us exactly each step you took. Or pm me on steam/skype.
I might make a video in the future on this.


ps: Why can't I post links? I'd be more helpful that way.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us