Learning VB

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
Learning VB
The only programming languages I know are Java and C/C++, but I want to learn a few more, starting with vb and c#. should I go for vb first or c#? vb seems kind of noob-ish but a lot of people use it so it must be good right? anyway, I want to know if somebody can compare c++ and vb for me, and if somebody could find a primer for the syntax of vb, because the syntax and usage seems to be a lot different from what I understand.
well see......c++'s capabilites rape visual basic but visual basic is very nice if u want to make certain things and fast, and make them look good. and yes visual basic is noobish but once u do more advanced things then its you coding not the program
Quote Originally Posted by guza44_44 View Post
well see......c++'s capabilites rape visual basic but visual basic is very nice if u want to make certain things and fast, and make them look good. and yes visual basic is noobish but once u do more advanced things then its you coding not the program
So, is VB.NET worth my time, or should I stick with c++ or try c#? I'm already to the point with c++ where I can just open up notepad and write some fairly intricate programs. Java is just too old-feeling for me now.
Quote Originally Posted by t7ancients View Post
So, is VB.NET worth my time, or should I stick with c++ or try c#? I'm already to the point with c++ where I can just open up notepad and write some fairly intricate programs. Java is just too old-feeling for me now.
yo C++ yo. Its better
Well, i think VB is easier because what i made so far i learned all by myself by about 3 tutorials.
Quote Originally Posted by mnpeep View Post
Well, i think VB is easier because what i made so far i learned all by myself by about 3 tutorials.
Yep, learn VB first, its easier, and then when you are pro in vb then go up to C#
Visual Basic is not easier in the grand scale, it just depends how you look at things, and how you think...Plus Visual Basic and C++ uses the same base language and has the same features in different codes...you can do anything in visual basic that you can do in C++ its just that due to the majority of C++ coders , C++ codes are more out there then the visual basic codes are..and FYI they have C++ to Visual Basic Converters. :P
Quote Originally Posted by CoderNever View Post
Visual Basic is not easier in the grand scale, it just depends how you look at things, and how you think...Plus Visual Basic and C++ uses the same base language and has the same features in different codes...you can do anything in visual basic that you can do in C++ its just that due to the majority of C++ coders , C++ codes are more out there then the visual basic codes are..and FYI they have C++ to Visual Basic Converters. :P
Alright kool, since I'm already used to the syntax of c and c++ I'll leave it for a bit and learn vb. I downloaded and installed express 2008, so how do i add things to the toolbox. do i do it via references or what? coder never, you seem to be fairly skilled with vb. mind pointing me in the right direction?
as in design? like a menustrip..or the visual basic toolbox..
Quote Originally Posted by CoderNever View Post
as in design? like a menustrip..or the visual basic toolbox..
the toolbox itself. my friend has a windows media player control in his and i wanted to learn how to find and add those controls. like a shockwave flash object.
1. > Start a Project.
2. > Right click anywhere in the toolbox.
3. > Select "Choose Items" (It might take awhile to load due to all the .dll's)
Note : Those are all the tools and items you can add, for media player go to Components.
5. > Search for windows media player
6. > Click the check next to it.
7. > Click Ok
8. > Be happy its now in your toolbox.
Quote Originally Posted by CoderNever View Post
1. > Start a Project.
2. > Right click anywhere in the toolbox.
3. > Select "Choose Items" (It might take awhile to load due to all the .dll's)
Note : Those are all the tools and items you can add, for media player go to Components.
5. > Search for windows media player
6. > Click the check next to it.
7. > Click Ok
8. > Be happy its now in your toolbox.
ah, thanks a million lol. I'm new to the IDE. if you wanna add me on AIM or MSN my msn is t7ancients@yahoo.com and my aim is t7tztok, you know, to maybe help me get used to vb and this IDE.
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
Also if you need any help with coding, ask us, or go here: Visual Basic Developer Center

Best for starters.
I dont think it is the easiest one! It´s youtube.com ffs!
Well Vb is not that noobish.
Coz your gonna learn Coding like C++/C.
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us