Regnum Trailer

Posts 16–30 of 34 · Page 2 of 3
Quote Originally Posted by Chiroy View Post
I'd like to apply for Dev as soon as that is released.
No, just no....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cxydsaewq View Post
You can't code, so why would they take you? They have SlenderGo and VoOoLox

Also @~V~ I mean it's fucking sweet looking but what about the gameplay? Do you have any custom stuff at all? Like items or Dungeons/Mobs, because well, that's kinda the most important thing
I have a Youtube channel with release videos, that also contains custom stuff. And the thirst thing you even see in the video of server is custom, lol.

Your also saying "They" have SlenderGo and VoOoLoX.. Who is they?
Quote Originally Posted by lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn View Post
No, just no....

- - - Updated - - -



I have a Youtube channel with release videos, that also contains custom stuff. And the thirst thing you even see in the video of server is custom, lol.

Your also saying "They" have SlenderGo and VoOoLoX.. Who is they?
Your team :P

Well of course design is important as Proph said, but The current items in RotMG aren't made for endgame, if you look at Doomed Realms, it does kind of the right step, but the items are kinda way too op imo, But if you look at other RPGs the items you obtain in the endgame will destroy the begining land, which the realm is kind of, I mean this game needs something new, the formula will break someday
Quote Originally Posted by Chiroy View Post
I'd like to apply for Dev as soon as that is released.
why so u can steal the code work
I take back what I said then, but I'm not like that, Otherwise you'd already heard news about people's sources being hijacked lol.
Quote Originally Posted by Chiroy View Post
I'd like to apply for Dev as soon as that is released.
I would like to apply for helper rank when it is released
Quote Originally Posted by cxydsaewq View Post
Well of course design is important as Proph said, but The current items in RotMG aren't made for endgame, if you look at Doomed Realms, it does kind of the right step, but the items are kinda way too op imo, But if you look at other RPGs the items you obtain in the endgame will destroy the begining land, which the realm is kind of, I mean this game needs something new, the formula will break someday
ehehehe

Realm isn't a game with design meant for any kind of meaningful incrementation. The idea of its manic speed permadeath battle system is to keep danger at every corner. While being able to die easily to hobbit mages would be quite absurd for the endgame, the Realm should always retain danger even without event bosses.

Of course, you need to design the battles as "manic speed permadeath" which means less pinatas and less "the only good classes are those with dps" excuses. Items provide helpful incrementation to assist in the endgame, but it was never meant to completely overcome the past enemies.

I would not use Doomed as an example of balance. It's the worst example in terms of design implementation and I strongly discourage a repetition of its "design".

Of course, Realm's design values were not built well for continuous expansion, especially the simplicity value. However, continuing to make stronger pinatas with stronger sticks to bash pinatas to death will quickly become monotonous and boring. Remember that this is a high-speed game, not an incremental idle.

Items were built this way to serve as a cooperative and competitive design of playstyle. For example, if you were to fight say a LotLL as a wizard with a t10 staff. Another wizard comes his way with a t11 staff with the exact same stats as you. That wizard has an advantage against you, but it promotes competition as you will be able to deal large increments more in damage if you play with more skill and agility, thus allowing players to compete in a high speed environment.

Let's now say you had a t12 staff. 60-80 x 2 is not a bad damage amount, but what if the other guy was endgame like most RPG's and had this 300-450 damage staff? There'd be very little competition involved, and unless that guy was some suckish loser (which is extremely unlikely) he WILL win the competition with ease.

Now the reason why Half Life 3 Phoenix Realms 2 is taking so long is because of a constant discussion and debate about creating the proper RotMG design that all players will be able to cooperate and compete in a balanced and expandable environment. It sounds fictitious and tedious, but I have ideas. A LOT of ideas.

I've talked and seen works from both Slendergo and VoOoLoX so I'm eager to see what design they have in mind for their server.
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post


ehehehe

Realm isn't a game with design meant for any kind of meaningful incrementation. The idea of its manic speed permadeath battle system is to keep danger at every corner. While being able to die easily to hobbit mages would be quite absurd for the endgame, the Realm should always retain danger even without event bosses.

Of course, you need to design the battles as "manic speed permadeath" which means less pinatas and less "the only good classes are those with dps" excuses. Items provide helpful incrementation to assist in the endgame, but it was never meant to completely overcome the past enemies.

I would not use Doomed as an example of balance. It's the worst example in terms of design implementation and I strongly discourage a repetition of its "design".

Of course, Realm's design values were not built well for continuous expansion, especially the simplicity value. However, continuing to make stronger pinatas with stronger sticks to bash pinatas to death will quickly become monotonous and boring. Remember that this is a high-speed game, not an incremental idle.

Items were built this way to serve as a cooperative and competitive design of playstyle. For example, if you were to fight say a LotLL as a wizard with a t10 staff. Another wizard comes his way with a t11 staff with the exact same stats as you. That wizard has an advantage against you, but it promotes competition as you will be able to deal large increments more in damage if you play with more skill and agility, thus allowing players to compete in a high speed environment.

Let's now say you had a t12 staff. 60-80 x 2 is not a bad damage amount, but what if the other guy was endgame like most RPG's and had this 300-450 damage staff? There'd be very little competition involved, and unless that guy was some suckish loser (which is extremely unlikely) he WILL win the competition with ease.

Now the reason why Half Life 3 Phoenix Realms 2 is taking so long is because of a constant discussion and debate about creating the proper RotMG design that all players will be able to cooperate and compete in a balanced and expandable environment. It sounds fictitious and tedious, but I have ideas. A LOT of ideas.

I've talked and seen works from both Slendergo and VoOoLoX so I'm eager to see what design they have in mind for their server.
10/10 //10chars
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post


ehehehe

Realm isn't a game with design meant for any kind of meaningful incrementation. The idea of its manic speed permadeath battle system is to keep danger at every corner. While being able to die easily to hobbit mages would be quite absurd for the endgame, the Realm should always retain danger even without event bosses.

Of course, you need to design the battles as "manic speed permadeath" which means less pinatas and less "the only good classes are those with dps" excuses. Items provide helpful incrementation to assist in the endgame, but it was never meant to completely overcome the past enemies.

I would not use Doomed as an example of balance. It's the worst example in terms of design implementation and I strongly discourage a repetition of its "design".

Of course, Realm's design values were not built well for continuous expansion, especially the simplicity value. However, continuing to make stronger pinatas with stronger sticks to bash pinatas to death will quickly become monotonous and boring. Remember that this is a high-speed game, not an incremental idle.

Items were built this way to serve as a cooperative and competitive design of playstyle. For example, if you were to fight say a LotLL as a wizard with a t10 staff. Another wizard comes his way with a t11 staff with the exact same stats as you. That wizard has an advantage against you, but it promotes competition as you will be able to deal large increments more in damage if you play with more skill and agility, thus allowing players to compete in a high speed environment.

Let's now say you had a t12 staff. 60-80 x 2 is not a bad damage amount, but what if the other guy was endgame like most RPG's and had this 300-450 damage staff? There'd be very little competition involved, and unless that guy was some suckish loser (which is extremely unlikely) he WILL win the competition with ease.

Now the reason why Half Life 3 Phoenix Realms 2 is taking so long is because of a constant discussion and debate about creating the proper RotMG design that all players will be able to cooperate and compete in a balanced and expandable environment. It sounds fictitious and tedious, but I have ideas. A LOT of ideas.

I've talked and seen works from both Slendergo and VoOoLoX so I'm eager to see what design they have in mind for their server.
I kinda got an orgasm while reading this, the way you explain things and your style of writing is beautiful

One thing tho, i meant Doomed Realms to make a small step in the right direction, also I'm thinking of something that could kinda erase the problem of "loot stealing/damage trolls"

Anyways mind talk about that on skype? I think I have you in my friendslist, I'll msg you tomorrow
Hp Mp Pots like my server now added due to reasons :>
Looks nice guys!
Thanks for the credits btw
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post

Actually...

the most important thing is game design and design consistency. All your custom behavior/item/stuffs are worthless if they don't build the proper atmosphere, if they don't build the proper playing experience.
Not really. NR's is more of a playground of various ideas with no real effort on maintaining a particular atmosphere. Judging by how many people play on the server, I'd say we've been successful. Bottom line is if you want a fun successful server you have to have mobs/bosses that are fun to fight, interesting loot, a stable economy, and a stable consistent server/client that minimizes issues that interrupts the previous 3 points (like lag/crashes). All the other stuff is just fluff to add to the experience.
Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
Not really. NR's is more of a playground of various ideas with no real effort on maintaining a particular atmosphere. Judging by how many people play on the server, I'd say we've been successful. Bottom line is if you want a fun successful server you have to have mobs/bosses that are fun to fight, interesting loot, a stable economy, and a stable consistent server/client that minimizes issues that interrupts the previous 3 points (like lag/crashes). All the other stuff is just fluff to add to the experience.
Remember, nilly.

1.) Your server is the most stable server out there. That in itself is a huge reason to play NR.

2.) You have put one thing that other people have not: effort

Your success is by competitive advantage. (which can be part with design but is not necessarily directly associated with such)
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post


Remember, nilly.

1.) Your server is the most stable server out there. That in itself is a huge reason to play NR.

2.) You have put one thing that other people have not: effort

Your success is by competitive advantage. (which can be part with design but is not necessarily directly associated with such)
I'm not sure about that. Nobody would invest time into game if it didn't interest them, stable or not. It just goes to show you that rotmg has come across a formula that people enjoy. I don't care what one does with their rotmg pserver, the core aspect is there and you don't need to do very much to make it enjoyable. That hard work has already been done for us. What we are doing here is more or less refining the game environment not changing the core of what is rotmg. NR's environment happens to be very chaotic. It's something I enjoy about it and I don't think it's outlandish to say other people do too. I like that we aren't bound to a ridged game design profile and able to test ideas freely, no matter how crazy they may seem, to see what works.
Posts 16–30 of 34 · Page 2 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us