SmileFull Idling Tutorial [For Beginners]

Posts 1–15 of 43 · Page 1 of 3
Full Idling Tutorial [For Beginners]
What idling is?
Idling is a way for getting items while being afk, or while doing other things on the computer.
How to?
Using the following way you may be able to idle at any server, at any map!
Just do the following (I marked the things you'll have to actually do in red, rest is just how to get to those) :
Open TeamFortress 2, go to Options, Advanced options button
Allow Console
Join a server, Join random team (BLU or RED) trade servers would be great, because they never change maps
Open Console "~" key (next to 1 on keyboard)
To prevent afk kicks, type in +attack
In order to idle, we want our character to die every short time, repeatedly, while still shooting to prevent afk kicks, so we'll create a new alias named idle
Type in alias idle "kill; wait 2000; idle" (2000 is the number of frames between every death, 2000 would be just fine for every respawn time)
Type in idle (note: this might not be necessary)

Congratulations! you've just started idling!

if you want to stop idling, type in console:
-attack; alias idle " "

Dont be afraid clicking the Thanks button, it doesnt bite!

Special Thanks to Steam console, for letting us idling with no external programs and scripts.
Thank you for this ^_^ Appreciate very much :P
But I suggest putting up Idling Server IP Address for people to Idle in
Here ya go 68.232.181.186:27015
Going to idling server is easyer but i recommend text mode idle... Look youtube about text idle if you want.
Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
Thank you for this ^_^ Appreciate very much :P
But I suggest putting up Idling Server IP Address for people to Idle in
the point of this thread is tutorial in any server (not just idling servers), since people have hard time finding those servers, plus, this way is way faster then idling on an idling server

Quote Originally Posted by wRGAERghaewrhggaerh View Post
Going to idling server is easyer but i recommend text mode idle... Look youtube about text idle if you want.
text idle? if you mean idling by console, thats whats that thread for.
I've searched for text idling but found nothing, can you explain whats text idling is in a better way?
anyways, this is my tutorial for idling out of my experience with steam console, would love to learn new ways aswell ^^
Quote Originally Posted by dkofek View Post
the point of this thread is tutorial in any server (not just idling servers), since people have hard time finding those servers, plus, this way is way faster then idling on an idling server


text idle? if you mean idling by console, thats whats that thread for.
I've searched for text idling but found nothing, can you explain whats text idling is in a better way?
anyways, this is my tutorial for idling out of my experience with steam console, would love to learn new ways aswell ^^
I made this tutorial for idling with as little resources as possible, so you can idle + go about your day with no interruptions.
Code:
How to idle like a fucking PRO in Team Fortress 2
1. Open Steam Library
2. Right-click Team Fortress 2
3. Open Team Fortress 2 properties
4. Click "Set Launch Options"
5. Copy paste the following:
-applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 2 +sv_password "likeabaws"
6. Launch Team fortress 2
7. Idle without wasting any of your computer's resources (apart from a little bit of your download/upload speeds)

TO CHECK YOUR DROPS:
1. Grab your Steam URL (http://steamcommunity.com/id/idnamehere OR http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/00102920)
Replace "steamcommunity" with "tf2itmes" (http://tf2items.com/id/idnamehere OR http://tf2items.com/profiles/00102920)
2. Place your backpack link into your browser.
3. Scroll down to where it says "The following items were found but not yet placed in the backpack." Those are your drops.
Enjoy.
Quote Originally Posted by bowlcut View Post
I made this tutorial for idling with as little resources as possible, so you can idle + go about your day with no interruptions.
Code:
How to idle like a fucking PRO in Team Fortress 2
1. Open Steam Library
2. Right-click Team Fortress 2
3. Open Team Fortress 2 properties
4. Click "Set Launch Options"
5. Copy paste the following:
-applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid +map ctf_2fort +maxplayers 2 +sv_password "likeabaws"
6. Launch Team fortress 2
7. Idle without wasting any of your computer's resources (apart from a little bit of your download/upload speeds)

TO CHECK YOUR DROPS:
1. Grab your Steam URL (http://steamcommunity.com/id/idnamehere OR http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/00102920)
Replace "steamcommunity" with "tf2itmes" (http://tf2items.com/id/idnamehere OR http://tf2items.com/profiles/00102920)
2. Place your backpack link into your browser.
3. Scroll down to where it says "The following items were found but not yet placed in the backpack." Those are your drops.
Enjoy.
Thanks for replying my messege, I have never heard of text idling but its always good to learn something new.
anyways, this kind of idling is mostly for when you're not gonna touch your computer and this is my experience at steam console
thanks, both of you, but danger monkey, i can idle all day long with full graphics with no effect, l33t comp ;D
Quote Originally Posted by muumi288 View Post
thanks, both of you, but danger monkey, i can idle all day long with full graphics with no effect, l33t comp ;D
same here (:
but I still Idle over night..
I hate the stupid limit on items per week that you can acquire through drops.

I text idled for a day and got 17 weapons, but then it stopped after about 20 hours.

O well, I've crafted almost every weapon I want.
Quote Originally Posted by 27ecastudent View Post
I hate the stupid limit on items per week that you can acquire through drops.

I text idled for a day and got 17 weapons, but then it stopped after about 20 hours.

O well, I've crafted almost every weapon I want.
I thought you could get 10 items a week?
Quote Originally Posted by dkofek View Post
I thought you could get 10 items a week?
I had some overspill from the previous week.
Quote Originally Posted by 27ecastudent View Post
I had some overspill from the previous week.
didnt know it overspills.. anyways, thanks for responding
Hey quick question does the text version reconnect? because it seems I time out then disconnect is there a way to reconnect or prevent disconnect?
Quote Originally Posted by namek303 View Post
Hey quick question does the text version reconnect? because it seems I time out then disconnect is there a way to reconnect or prevent disconnect?
if you mean timeout by connection lost, then no there is no way to reconnect (at least not that I know of)
if timeout = kicked for being afk, just use +attack so it will think you're not afk...
Posts 1–15 of 43 · Page 1 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us