Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Just have my girlfriend and I've been with her for 17 years, which is my right hand.

Thanks
    Funny this is the first serious thing I've ever seen you post and weirdly I can relate to having "friends" who aren't really friends and no matter what you do its seems that you have to be the one to start every conversation and you only get invited to things because you asked and if you hadn't you where forgotten even tough you've been with these "friends" and helped them so many times. to be honest its took me a long fucking time to find the people I hang around with today and if I'm ever at douths ill just cut connection off for a day and see if anyone gives a shit and funny enough they did. That was my sad way of find people who i can tolerate and have a somewhat decent conversation with.
    To answer the Thread in general, 3 and my girlfriend
    Last edited by KillTheNoise; 08-14-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KillTheNoise View Post
    Funny this is the first serious thing I've ever seen you post and weirdly I can relate to having "friends" who aren't really friends and no matter what you do its seems that you have to be the one to start every conversation and you only get invited to things because you asked and if you hadn't you where forgotten even tough you've been with these "friends" and helped them so many times. to be honest its took me a long fucking time to find the people I hang around with today and if I'm ever at douths ill just cut connection off for a day and see if anyone gives a shit and funny enough they did. That was my sad way of find people who i can tolerate and have a somewhat decent conversation with.
    To answer the Thread in general, 3 and my girlfriend
    Thank you for your input. In response to your opening statement - consider this a brief look into who I really am, deep down underneath my walls and constant barrages of douche-bag comments.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post

I don't have fun having to initiate every hang-out session myself.

We used to connect, but now we don't. Maybe I've just been trying to clog up a sinking ship with money and favors? The internet and responsibilities have definitely hindered my ability to make friends.
    Well I initiate about half of my hang-outs (but that's because I know my friends want to hang out, I'm just better at picking things to do and planning). Anyways, I don't think you're in the same situation but for what you're in, I'd just invite people to hang out and not care that I had to initiate the hang out. Not sure if your friends just suck at planning, the only thing that would hurt is if they actually go out a lot and they don't invite me in return for me inviting them.

However, that also happens to me. Similar to @Bernard. I fit in multiple cliques and groups. There's some people that I don't get along with that my friends are friends with. Therefore when they hang out with them, I'm not invite (not that I want to be invited) because they know I don't want to deal with that person. Is that happening to you? Maybe your friends or coworkers don't invite you to hang out with them because they're afraid you might not like one of the friends or that you won't be accepted by their group of friends?
    Godlike.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Few, and I'm not sure if they even care about me anymore.

Deep inside I know it would be healthier for me to go out and be social, but I can't get past the barrier of actually doing it.
    I spend my days sitting alone and accomplishing very little.

Last edited by Aborted; 08-14-2014 at 01:26 AM.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Few, and I'm not sure if they even care about me anymore.

Deep inside I know it would be healthier for me to go out and be social, but I can't get past the barrier of actually doing it.
    I spend my days sitting alone and accomplishing very little.
    I knew there was a reason that I liked you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Maybe it's time to get a dog, you know what they say. Mans best friend. 8D

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MixNova View Post
    Maybe it's time to get a dog, you know what they say. Mans best friend. 8D
    I have one, and I agree.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post

I knew there was a reason that I liked you.
    I find myself drifting further and further away from human contact every day that passes. Perhaps I spend so much time online not because I'm obsessed with it, but because I can't function without that human contact. Where I can interact with people, but from behind the walls I've built around myself.

I know exactly how it feels, to get home from work and
    spend your day alone, biding your time and accomplishing nothing. To slog through your life so purposelessly, where the days seem to blur together and you can't even remember the date, let alone the day of the week. Where you try to make friends and be happy, but you feel so insecure and paranoid about pleasing them that you give up and go back to sitting alone.

Rinse, repeat.

Last edited by Aborted; 08-14-2014 at 01:29 AM.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Having little friends isn't bad. A better thing for you to do is find just one person that you can truly have fun being around no matter what you do. Even if you just sit on your asses and watch bullshit videos all day long.

Little Off Topic (This Is Now a Life Problem Thread):
    Yesterday for the first time in my life, I felt alone. It was all because of a girl 3 years younger than me wasn't responding to my messages. It was the worst experience of my life and I actually cried. I cried because I thought I wouldn't get to be with this girl I care so much about and deeply want to spend my days with. This is the first time I have ever gave a shit about a girl and it honestly scared me. The feeling of not being around her was a sick feeling and I couldn't think solely on one thought. My mind would drift right back to her. But I cant tell if this is love or just a deep deep crush that will take its toll for the worse. I finally was able to talk with her today by going to her house. We talked about the issues that would be brought up by us being together and how they would affect our lives. After talking about that, we kissed and I felt 1000% better. I spent an entire 14 hours with this girl and didn't want to leave her side for a minute. Though she still isn't sure if she will be with me or not. She said she cannot think straight around me and her main focus is on me and me only. I'm just so confused on what is all going on with my feelings and how this will play out in the end...
    I truly hope this works out...

Make fun of me now

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Really good friends I would trust with my phone, laptop, money and shit? I can count them, and it's 11. People I trust, but wouldn't call friends probably doubles that.
    Friends I talk to every day, go out with and do shit? Probably another 10. I probably have 50 or so people I'll talk to for a while at least once a week, in real life.

I really had the misfortune of living abroad and moving a lot, so I hardly have any long-lasting relationships and childhood friends. I've been to 5 primary schools, two high schools and last year I moved to study in the UK. On the other hand I guess it's let me make a ton of acquaintances and new friends, but I'm not one to consciously try to keep contact with people so I usually lose friends as fast as I make them.

Honestly I doubt you can attribute your own lack of friends to being an insufferable cunt because I'm one too, along with:
    - I don't get wasted, although I'll drink a pint when we go to the pub. I could just as easy drink something non-alcoholic though
    - I don't smoke, I can't stand people smoking around me
    - I don't really go to concerts, although I might visit a festival or two during the holidays
    - I don't do "real" drugs any more, if anything people frown on my usage of nootropics and shit

Having moved to the UK just last year I can say that the vast majority of people I got to know were either from my uni department, my accommodation (spent the first year on campus) or from the societies I joined. I guess you just need to join some new social things or whatever.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I only have 2 real friends, one male and one female.

With great power comes great electricity bill
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Like 20 or so good friends. The rest I just talk with for a few minutes.
    The real question is are you an asshole?
    I got abused by Arun and exposed him

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I have my own little group which comprises of 6 (including me) and we have an understanding that we only do things on the weekend because everyone works or goes to university during the week. It's been that way since we left high school and it's a really good system that we have going on.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    It sort of sounds like they are using you for your money because they appear to know you have a bunch of it.
    Which is quite sad, although, for a relationship to work both parts must have something the other one wants.
    Beneficial so to speak. You wouldn't be friends with someone if they didn't bring anything to the table.
    In their case, I'm guessing your money.

But what do I know, I only have a couple of good friends that I sort of regularly talk to, and I don't have any money.
    A few of them seem to have lost interest or are simply too busy to find time for me, but can find time to do other things, everyone moves on eventually I think.
    I wish someone had time for me.
    I wish people would have more time for you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast