Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Get ESET.
    eset is worth it? i mean i haven't got any private stuff for people to view ..only games

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerGr View Post
    eset is worth it? i mean i haven't got any private stuff for people to view ..only games
    Just...get it. Be safe.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post

What exactly are rootkits? I googled about it, but I haven't found anything really usefull.
    Do you have any info that I can actually understand?
    A rootkit is a stealthy type of software, typically malicious, designed to hide the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detection and enable continued privileged access to a computer.[1] The term rootkit is a concatenation of "root" (the traditional name of the privileged account on Unix operating systems) and the word "kit" (which refers to the software components that implement the tool). The term "rootkit" has negative connotations through its association with malware.

Rootkit installation can be automated, or an attacker can install it once they've obtained root or Administrator access. Obtaining this access is a result of direct attack on a system (i.e. exploiting a known vulnerability, password (either by cracking, privilege escalation, or social engineering)). Once installed, it becomes possible to hide the intrusion as well as to maintain privileged access. The key is the root/Administrator access. Full control over a system means that existing software can be modified, including software that might otherwise be used to detect or circumvent it.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerGr View Post
    Only you can decide if it's worth it, but if you value your personal files or maybe important information such as passwords and the like.
    Then, yes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

A rootkit is a stealthy type of software, typically malicious, designed to hide the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detection and enable continued privileged access to a computer.[1] The term rootkit is a concatenation of "root" (the traditional name of the privileged account on Unix operating systems) and the word "kit" (which refers to the software components that implement the tool). The term "rootkit" has negative connotations through its association with malware.

Rootkit installation can be automated, or an attacker can install it once they've obtained root or Administrator access. Obtaining this access is a result of direct attack on a system (i.e. exploiting a known vulnerability, password (either by cracking, privilege escalation, or social engineering)). Once installed, it becomes possible to hide the intrusion as well as to maintain privileged access. The key is the root/Administrator access. Full control over a system means that existing software can be modified, including software that might otherwise be used to detect or circumvent it.

Only you can decide if it's worth it, but if you value your personal files or maybe important information such as passwords and the like.
    Then, yes.
    Sick. I'll have to look into that even more. Maybe even try making one myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    i use avg and it's decent.
    tho it's pay, tho apparently you can crack it and still get updates.
    Yeah I am using a cracked version. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact it blocks a lot of programs/hacks that are not viruses, doesn't let me install or download certain files because they are viruses even though they are not and it updates like every second day..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I have a great one, it's called: Not downloading viruses.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Used to use AVG untill it detected the win32 folder as a virus and deleted it,after i reinstalled the OS i made smarter choices -definitely

MSE if you want a good free AV
    And Malware bytes if you want the extra support by professional people,and the rapid updates!
    Chameleon is great and also helped me tons of times on other infected machined it just costs a bit..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-sama View Post
    Switch to Linux and you won't need an antivirus program.
    Because none minds coding viruses for linux dont worry ,once SteamOS becomes mainstream our beloved penguin will get sick sometimes XD get it? Penguin-linux-virus-sick gawd such genious

I love myself
    나도 너를 사랑해

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    I love your avatar Jhem!
    Thank you. I made it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123