RotMG Unity Client Thread

Posts 1–15 of 132 · Page 1 of 9
RotMG Unity Client Thread
After being requested by some individuals I've decided to make this thread to hopefully help organize information regarding the Unity Client, etc.

Below you can post anything you know about the Beta client in hopes that we can use this info to build our own modified client.
I'm not a coder so sorry if this is stupid but since Flash and Unity run on the same servers shouldn't Unity also be compatible with proxies like K-relay? I would think adding a Localhost option or just using a hosts file would be simpler than coding a whole new client.
Quote Originally Posted by fireshade View Post
I'm not a coder so sorry if this is stupid but since Flash and Unity run on the same servers shouldn't Unity also be compatible with proxies like K-relay? I would think adding a Localhost option or just using a hosts file would be simpler than coding a whole new client.
Yes this would theoretically be possible but for making hacked clients a proxy wouldn’t be enough. My plans for unity is making a library that uses basic detour hooks after it has been injected using a mono styled injector, and through that you could do anything with the client that you would want to, without decompiling.
If you put a Fiddler breakpoint on char/list and account/verify and add <IsSupporter>true</IsSupporter> to the XML response, you can log into the game and try playing. The issue is you will get the following error. I think, Unity client might send some kind of packet informing the server you have logged in from Exalt and the server checks if you have permissions to do so. I am not familiar enough with C# so I couldn't prove my theory.


P.S. also I am creator of HTTP proxy for rotmg and it seems to be working with Exalt too so I could write a plugin for it.
exalt got me like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuki View Post
exalt got me like


Yea, I was getting this too
I'm afraid they opened pandora's box with this unity client...
I somehow smell a lot of nice haxx with this client.
I wonder if it even is possible to play without having the beta with a few tweaks.
Quote Originally Posted by Chazstic View Post
I wonder if it even is possible to play without having the beta with a few tweaks.


https://www.realmeye.com/player/ExaltFtoPⓘ

Just wait for the public beta my dudes, shouldve paid for it when you could.
Quote Originally Posted by hntdfisher View Post
the game was dead 15m ago, why should I pay into a dead game?
If its a dead game why do you want to play the supporter beta? Lol

Also, I think its a dead game
Quote Originally Posted by tripleys View Post
If its a dead game why do you want to play the supporter beta? Lol

Also, I think its a dead game
basically the only game i can play rn, waiting for my new GPU / new pc
The launcher for the game is pretty easily modifiable via dnSpy or any .NET decompiler but the actual game installs to
C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\RealmOfTheMadGod\Product ion
When looking a little deeper you can see that they use IL2CPP which basically allows you to use c++ in Unity. From the little research I did it seems it will be pretty hard to modify, IDA pro may be the best bet in this situation. Will keep everyone updated on further finds.
Some network traffic :)
Client sends Hello to server
Server sends MapInfo to client
Client sends Load to server
and then Server sends ERROR(0) with the Beta Rank 2 message

there haven't been any new packets implemented as far as I can tell, but reversing il2cpp is a pain, so there might be a lot of information lost.


- - - Updated - - -

guess i'm finished here, expect a release tonight :)

Quote Originally Posted by Azuki View Post
Some network traffic
Client sends Hello to server
Server sends MapInfo to client
Client sends Load to server
and then Server sends ERROR(0) with the Beta Rank 2 message

there haven't been any new packets implemented as far as I can tell, but reversing il2cpp is a pain, so there might be a lot of information lost.


- - - Updated - - -

guess i'm finished here, expect a release tonight

Try going into vault or a realm
Posts 1–15 of 132 · Page 1 of 9

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us