ExclamationQuestion About Hacking

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Question About Hacking
What part of C++/C programming is the MOST important in making any type of hack? (In this case, CrossFire).
The reason I'm asking, is because my goal is to make hacks for people's entertainment, and if there is a specific type I need to critically understand 100% to make a hack, I will study extra hard on them.


P.S: Please don't say pointers....oh God please no.
Pointers..

After you are done with what you are learning (from the previous post). Get yourself familiar with it.
THEN, look into WINAPI. And its functions for basic Memory reading/writing, etc.

CreateToolhelp32Snapshot()
Process32First()
Process32Next()
OpenProcess()
WriteProcessMemory()
ReadProcessMemory()

But please... be patient and take your time. keep doing what you are doing.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Pointers..

After you are done with what you are learning (from the previous post). Get yourself familiar with it.
THEN, look into WINAPI. And its functions for basic Memory reading/writing, etc.

CreateToolhelp32Snapshot()
Process32First()
Process32Next()
OpenProcess()
WriteProcessMemory()
ReadProcessMemory()

But please... be patient and take your time. keep doing what you are doing.
Fucking pointers can kiss my ass.


---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
What he said^

Also, you should know how memory works. Hacking is basically, reverse engineering the game's code and manipulating. Just by that, there's two things you need to know. ASM and Reverse Engineering.

If you were aiming to make menu hacks, D3D is also a factor.
I kind of have the basic knowledge of memory&addresses.
So far, all I know about them and pointers are that every variables have their own memory like "int" takes up 4 bytes of memory, and each memory has their own different addresses.
Pointers can ONLY look at addresses, and you can put "*" to make pointers change the value of a certain type of a variable.


---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by giniyat101 View Post
really its pointers
dont worry you will get used to them although i believe they are the c++ hardest at all
This is getting more confusing every step I take.
And I'm only learning "console" device right now I have to learn about "windows form application" coding as well. It's going to take at least 5 months.

I'm so impatient I just want to start hacking some stuff right now, but I can't.
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post

Fucking pointers can kiss my ass.


---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------


I kind of have the basic knowledge of memory&addresses.
So far, all I know about them and pointers are that every variables have their own memory like "int" takes up 4 bytes of memory, and each memory has their own different addresses.
Pointers can ONLY look at addresses, and you can put "*" to make pointers change the value of a certain type of a variable.


---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------


This is getting more confusing every step I take.
And I'm only learning "console" device right now I have to learn about "windows form application" coding as well. It's going to take at least 5 months.

I'm so impatient I just want to start hacking some stuff right now, but I can't.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you ain't going anywhere near to hacking without pointers. So, if you really want to learn hacking, get comfortable with them.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


Sorry to burst your bubble, but you ain't going anywhere near to hacking without pointers. So, if you really want to learn hacking, get comfortable with them.

I know.
Close.
What he said^

Also, you should know how memory works. Hacking is basically, reverse engineering the game's code and manipulating. Just by that, there's two things you need to know. ASM and Reverse Engineering.

If you were aiming to make menu hacks, D3D is also a factor.
really its pointers
dont worry you will get used to them although i believe they are the c++ hardest at all
type specifiers just tell the compiler or function how many bytes to access
CHAR and BYTE are both 1 byte, and are treated the same in assembly
Closed on request.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us