ExclamationHelpCannot recognize printer

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Cannot recognize printer
My PC cannot recognize my dad's printer. Only my parents' PCs can connect to the printer with no problems. Both of them have Windows XP 32-bit.
I have Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.


According to some sites that showed me how to add a printer, my PC cannot recognize the printer. (Brother DCP 5020). It's the only printer in this household, shared by only 2 computers.

This is what I did: Devices and Printers > Add a Printer > Add a Local Printer

It lists a whole bunch of printers but none are the one I'm looking for.


I'm pretty sure you know what I need help on now. Thanks.

You do have the (latest) drivers etc installed?
Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post

You do have the (latest) drivers etc installed?
Yeah ofc I do.
Windows' device adding wizard or w/e it's called doesn't always have all the devices' drivers you need, most likely you just need to find your Printer's manufacturer's site and fetch any software/drivers from there.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Windows' device adding wizard or w/e it's called doesn't always have all the devices' drivers you need, most likely you just need to find your Printer's manufacturer's site and fetch any software/drivers from there.
Software Download | Brother
Is that the right site? What should I download?
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post

Software Download | Brother
Is that the right site? What should I download?
Yep, now you just gotta find your specific printer's drivers. I tried searching for 5020 but nothing came up, you sure that's the official name/make?
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Yep, now you just gotta find your specific printer's drivers. I tried searching for 5020 but nothing came up, you sure that's the official name/make?
Yeah I can't find it either...and yes the printer is 100% clear: Brother DCP 5020. I even triple checked.
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post
My PC cannot recognize my dad's printer. Only my parents' PCs can connect to the printer with no problems. Both of them have Windows XP 32-bit.
I have Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.


According to some sites that showed me how to add a printer, my PC cannot recognize the printer. (Brother DCP 5020). It's the only printer in this household, shared by only 2 computers.

This is what I did: Devices and Printers > Add a Printer > Add a Local Printer

It lists a whole bunch of printers but none are the one I'm looking for.


I'm pretty sure you know what I need help on now. Thanks.
if u got USB not recognized ,,, that's mean your computer can't know what's connected with USB

and that's mean : USB Slots have something wrong .. buy a USB PCI card and try it ..
2-
Well yeah I got a USB Printer.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us