UnhappyNo "materials" folder

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
No "materials" folder
Hello guys
I know it's the wrong section / wrong forum, but I think you people can help me most.

I want to mod my CS:GO, but I don't have the "resource" folder in the "csgo" folder.
Here's the path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo

Like I said already, I don't have a "resource" folder in the "csgo" folder.

I tried to mod it anyway and moved the resource folder from the mod (golden desert eagle mod) and did everything that the readme told me.

After this, I had NO textures in the game, the weapons were black-purple checkered.
I changed everything and deleted the resource folder, and everything worked.

But where are my model textures when they aren't in the resource folder?

Can someone send me his resource folder per E-Mail or Steam?

Thanks.

///ZombBomb
Try the "Verify integrity of game cache" option in Steam.
Edit pak01_dir
I know how to edit the pak.01_dir (obviously with Notepad++), but should I edit there?
And where can I find "Verify integrity of game cache"?

Thanks ._.
Quote Originally Posted by zombbomb View Post
I know how to edit the pak.01_dir (obviously with Notepad++), but should I edit there?
And where can I find "Verify integrity of game cache"?

Thanks ._.
Steam > Library > CS:GO (right click) > Properties > Local Files
I did it, but nothing happened :/
It's like before, there is no materials folder.

And I see that i don't have a models and materials folder in CSS too :/ But that's not important.

Thanks :/
Quote Originally Posted by zombbomb View Post
I did it, but nothing happened :/
It's like before, there is no materials folder.

And I see that i don't have a models and materials folder in CSS too :/ But that's not important.

Thanks :/
Ok, try to reinstall the whole game.
Done.

Nothing happened after all.
Still no material folder in the csgo folder.

Idk why, my friends and even my father have this folder.

thanks (:
Run the game, it will create a materials folder, and for a resource just make the folder itself lol.
Atleast for css*
What do you mean? Should I look for the folder while CS:GO is running in the background?
Quote Originally Posted by zombbomb View Post
What do you mean? Should I look for the folder while CS:GO is running in the background?

He probably means that when you start CSGO and for example join a server the material folder will create it self.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us