My dev setup > yours

Posts 16–30 of 38 · Page 2 of 3
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


Yes, but every time you post you're going on and on and on and on about how you use MS-DOS, Win 95/3.1 and other outdated craps.
Doesn't mean it's my only development platform, it's just that it's great for my needs. NT is great too, for different purposes.
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post


Doesn't mean it's my only development platform, it's just that it's great for my needs. NT is great too, for different purposes.
Did I say it was your only one? I said it's the one you go around everywhere jumping up and down waving your arms going "look at me I use outdated technology!"
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


Did I say it was your only one? I said it's the one you go around everywhere jumping up and down waving your arms going "look at me I use outdated technology!"
I do not act as severe as your posts imply, come on.

It's just that the outdated technology is usually easiest to develop for. A lot easier to write straight to the parallel port on an MSDOS machine than windows 7, eh?
Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post


Gasp! Why do you know such an outdated language! It is like never used in commercial use!

Legacy systems are still well in use. Did you some of the US Military uses computers running MSDOS because that's what their programs were developed for over 20 years ago. They need to be updated too without having to be completely rewritten.

Is an operating system like Windows not commercial? Because it sure is and it uses assembly, so no outdated there.

Many firmwares are written in assembly, for example when a high level compiler is not available, or space is very restricted.
Still need your firmwares, huh

Plus, I'm writing my own hobby OS, and assembly is pretty much required there, so that's why I use it.

Why Do People Type Like This?

Yeah i'm pretty sure your debugging consoles is going off the fucking rails when You Type Your Code Like This All The Time.
Quote Originally Posted by Kentuckykid220 View Post
Why Do People Type Like This?

Yeah i'm pretty sure your debugging consoles is going off the fucking rails when You Type Your Code Like This All The Time.
It's because he's a cocksucker, it automatically does that.
Quote Originally Posted by Kentuckykid220 View Post
Why Do People Type Like This?

Yeah i'm pretty sure your debugging consoles is going off the fucking rails when You Type Your Code Like This All The Time.
Yes for some reason I keep getting compiling errors all the time because it was not valid token or something like that.

I wrote
Do
{
//stuff
i--;
}While(I != 0);

wai doesn't et work?
Why not use Windows Server 2012 with some Hyper-V? I'm running Ubuntu Server, Joli Linux, PC-BSD, NetBSD, Kali Linux, Linux Mint, and Kolibri all on one box! ;D
Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
I have a laptop
No way, me too!!!

HP Pavilion Dv6 :3
Threadstarter get some bigger screens <3
maybe upgrade your keyboard and mouse to some more used stuff =)
maybe some logitech or razer =)
Sorry hommie my setup is far better than yours.
Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
Sorry hommie my setup is far better than yours.
We're gonna have to see some pics man
Why not 1 Linux and 1 Windows?
Quote Originally Posted by Synns View Post
Why not 1 Linux and 1 Windows?
I used Linux for some time, until I switched to Solaris (which is real unix) and FreeBSD, on my laptop. I still dualboot with Windows though.
I've both used Windows and Unix/Unix-based for some time, and I like both systems, but I still prefer windows much more.

I prefer CP/M style drive listing (A:, B: ) more than unix style mounting, and Unix/unix based is just plain bad with Japanese support.

Pretty strange how MS-DOS 5 / DOS-V had full software support for Japanese display and input, more than 20 years ago, yet the only way you are going to be displaying Japanese on a unix/unix based is if you are running in a graphical environment.


I think there's something to be said for simplicity.


Unless you want to include the stacks of paper I print out. I'm not a professional, I'm a student, so the majority or programming for me is research.
I wish I had an ultrabook though. That would be a dream to code on.
Posts 16–30 of 38 · Page 2 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us