My dev setup > yours

Posts 31–38 of 38 · Page 3 of 3
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post


I think there's something to be said for simplicity.


Unless you want to include the stacks of paper I print out. I'm not a professional, I'm a student, so the majority or programming for me is research.
I wish I had an ultrabook though. That would be a dream to code on.
Ya, I just code on my laptop too. I want an ultrabook too for uni next year!!!!!
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


No way, me too!!!

HP Pavilion Dv6 :3
I got a Toshiba laptop from bestbuy
Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post

I got a Toshiba laptop from bestbuy
Eww Toshiba. Isn't that like a company from China? HP is best
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


Eww Toshiba. Isn't that like a company from China? HP is best
I had a HP laptop.. hated it
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post


Eww Toshiba. Isn't that like a company from China? HP is best
First off, Toshiba is Japanese, and second off, you can't say HP is the best with a straight face. Sure, they used to be good around like 15-10 years ago, but they totally lost any attactiveness they had.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EliteMC View Post
omg big haks mang dunt hak me wiv ur 3bsd

Be a real man and use something like Arch or Gentoo.

You probably couldn't even install the base OS.
For your information, I did use Arch linux for around a month, then I switched to real Unix

You see, The main problem with the Linux using community is people like you. No, you are not superior because you can install Arch or Gentoo.
You know the people who make Arch Linux? Yeah, well they also make ArchBSD which is over the FreeBSD kernel. What do you have to say about that?

You see, with using something like Solaris and BSD, you are actually using something that can be called Unix (FreeBSD isn't officially called unix due to legal issues, but it is built on Unix code), and Linux isn't as POSIX compliant as the two others, so um, yeah.

Be a real man and use Arch or Gentoo? Why? So instead of getting my work done I can act like an egotistical prick who's a real man because he uses Arch or Gentoo?

Do you know why mainstream operating systems work so well? (OSX = Darwin = BSD incase you did not know) Because they are unified. Linux is all over the place, BSD is unified and doesn't have so many inconsistancies. Linux has debian packages, RPM packages, pacman, gentoo has their own one too. Sheesh. On BSD, everybody uses the same ports.

The BSD communities are very close and well documented. The Linux Community is full of rebel 13 year olds like you who think they are cool because they could follow a tutorial on how to partition their harddisk with cfdisk.

Windows is unified, OSX is unified, BSD is unified, Linux is all over the place.
See how easy it is to piss people off by stating an opinion?
Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
See how easy it is to piss people off by stating an opinion?
Who is pissed off?
omg big haks mang dunt hak me wiv ur 3bsd

Be a real man and use something like Arch or Gentoo.

You probably couldn't even install the base OS.
Posts 31–38 of 38 · Page 3 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?