Elite RotMG Section (Official Poll)

PollShould an Elite Section be created?
103 votes
Posts 1–15 of 94 · Page 1 of 7
Elite RotMG Section (Official Poll)
The Elite RotMG section would work as follows:

A council of however many members (probably 7-10 professional RotMG members/coders and respected community members) would vote in new members to this section daily or weekly. This section would be invisible to anyone who does not have access to it. It would be used for the duscussing of new hacks being developed, new exploits found, and other cool little things. This can prevent leaks and also keep things from being patched quickly by Kabam.

The minions/moderators of the RotMG section are the ruling council members and always have final say in any actions performed by the council.

Vote now, this poll will be up until I have Dabe take a look.

This could actually happen with enough support.
Only members with 50 posts in the RotMG section will have their votes counted.

Edit:

This has become misconstrued, these are some things that could get you into the private section:
  • Actively releasing.
  • Actively assisting members.
  • Helping members and answering problems.


Just thought this needed to be added.
Great idea, the PSVita hack scene is doing the exact same and is working marvelous.
I wonder who is actually going to contribute to this new section. If I were to contribute anything, I'd just do it here than some "elite" section.
Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
I wonder who is actually going to contribute to this new section. If I were to contribute anything, I'd just do it here than some "elite" section.
While I agree with you on actual contributions. Sometimes I need help with a project that has no business in the hands of the masses. Great example recently is @Botmaker 's multi boxing client. He just needed an avenue to get some testing and a second pair of eyes, but in the current setup you have two options put it in the wild or keep it to yourself.

Another example is my AIO tool. It always works great on my computer, but it has compatibility issues with older versions of windows. It's very hard to tell if someone saying it isn't working is because I made a mistake or because the person doesn't have a clue.

In my mind word "Elite" has a very negative connotation. It should be the Contributor section. From what I can tell almost all of the contributors around here could care less about dupe threads and exploits... A section like this would be awesome for things like help requests, code snippets, project talk, and beta releases. Not for elitist assholes

On that note I highly doubt that this section will work the way I think it should. A place to hide things from Kabam is idiotic IMO
Hum. I voted yes but... nilly's right.

I really want to keep some stuff hidden but on the other hand i really hate the idea of stuff reserved to 1337 people.

I hope people will continue to release public stuff even with this section..
Hmm.. If we can keep private section for dupes or other game breaking stuff it would be ok maybe.

Please at least call it Private, not Elite. There is enough elitism here.

I will probably be allowed in so... do what you want..
Do these Members that are in this section need to nominate someone or can you also ask if you are allowed to join?
Its a good idea.. On paper.
There needs to be some sort of applying thread and/or a neutral ground as well as the voting system, otherwise its going to be a private section of who you know, not what you know.. By this I mean friends voting for friends or people getting in who "get along/dick ride" others already in there.
otherwise in the end, it just becomes a cluster-fuck of "elitists" circle jerking over some new hack.

Also +1 to @JustAnoobROTMG, don't call it Elite we have way more people here that think they're better than everyone else already.
Quote Originally Posted by c2k8s View Post
Its a good idea.. On paper.
There needs to be some sort of applying thread and/or a neutral ground as well as the voting system, otherwise its going to be a private section of who you know, not what you know.. By this I mean friends voting for friends or people getting in who "get along/dick ride" others already in there.
otherwise in the end, it just becomes a cluster-fuck of "elitists" circle jerking over some new hack.

Also +1 to @JustAnoobROTMG, don't call it Elite we have way more people here that think they're better than everyone else already.
It's just a plan atm. Name can be changed.
I voted no, if you want to share something you can do it here, if you want to discuss with selected people you have private messages, mails, irc, skype etc..
If you want to keep it private don't release it

I piss on the elite
I voted yes but when i think about it that was a giantic mistake... It's gonna be a bunch of people who if they have any little tiny drop of hate towards somebody for doing something or asking a "stupid question" they will basically be locked out boom. Done. You're out. Also this kindof changed from the initial idea tat was the "Elite/private Section" A place where we can keep stuff out of Kabams reach. But long time users of this section can get to. But what it is now is just "You have to be able to code something usefull or make a very usefull tutorial to get in here" Basically "KNOW CODING OR PISS OF" kinda thing.
I voted no for reasons I explained in the other thread.
I would enjoy a contributor exclusive forum section. Naturally the name Elite would get much hate, but a contributor area would possibly motivate more people to contribute to the public releases. It should not be thought of as an elite circle jerking clubhouse, but as a forum where intelligent conversations can be held without interruption and with less moderation. Exploits can be found, shared and not immediately be patched.
Quote Originally Posted by DeVoidCoder View Post
I would enjoy a contributor exclusive forum section. Naturally the name Elite would get much hate, but a contributor area would possibly motivate more people to contribute to the public releases. It should not be thought of as an elite circle jerking clubhouse, but as a forum where intelligent conversations can be held without interruption and with less moderation. Exploits can be found, shared and not immediately be patched.
Because fuck the other forum members. You can always make a skype group to do that.
Quote Originally Posted by Plus22 View Post
Because fuck the other forum members. You can always make a skype group to do that.
You and others do not seem to understand that this idea would motivate people to contribute public releases for the entire community. I believe the wording of the original post somewhat gives the wrong idea to most voters and does not focus on the possible benefits for everyone.
Quote Originally Posted by DeVoidCoder View Post
You and others do not seem to understand that this idea would motivate people to contribute public releases for the entire community. I believe the wording of the original post somewhat gives the wrong idea to most voters and does not focus on the possible benefits for everyone.
My thoughts exactly
Posts 1–15 of 94 · Page 1 of 7
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?