Elite RotMG Section (Official Poll)

PollShould an Elite Section be created?
103 votes
Posts 61–75 of 94 · Page 5 of 7
Quote Originally Posted by Lovroman View Post
If it would work like Raple said in the post above, I'd be for making it, but again, it's not like MPGH works(atleast not on the basic, creator-leecher level)..
So, I dunno.



Dave couldn't find a new/updated plugin when he updated the forum(most likely that's why, but I'm not really certain).
Here is a more in-depth description of how this would work.

Me and you would have promotion permission for an invisible rank that gave access to the RotMG Private Section. This way people could gain access, but others wouldn't even know who actually had access. This will reduce people complaining about "so and so" having access while they didn't.

The people let in are contributors in general. This means developers, coders, and very helpful members of this community. This means even if you're not a developer, you can still be granted access to the private section for your contributions. The private section isn't only going to be a release section for specific people. It will be a place to discuss issues pertaining to coding, developing, and the game in general. It will be a discussion for only helpful members of the community where they can have an actual conversation without some one-post coming in and derailing the thread or some leecher stealing everyone else's ideas.

The way we will deal with leaking is this. The first time we catch you leaking the contents of the section, you will be removed from the private section. If you are caught again, you will be banned. Simple and easy. That way gaining access is a privilege, not a right and if you disrespect the rules there are consequences.

Gaining access would be simple enough. A member can be brought up to consideration by another council member. This member will then be reviewed to see if they are quality material for the section. If they are considered by the council, it is left to a vote. As always, majority rules. You only get in if the majority of the council votes for your access.

The council will always consist of an odd number of members to prevent ties. Using this system, however, will require us to always promote two new council members to keep it odd. The base council would consist of myself, you, and 3 other people you and I would select. After that, we would all 5 vote in multiple new members and a few more council members for the section and slowly build up the member count over time.

If I missed anything, let me know.
Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post
The Elite RotMG section would work as follows:
This can prevent leaks and also keep things from being patched quickly by Kabam.
This is the only thing why i voted yes. The ones who voted no are strange to me.
Quote Originally Posted by swordmaster View Post
Accidently voted yes. -1 yes +1 no
I accidentally voted 273 times no. +273 yes -273 no
Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJani View Post
I accidentally voted 273 times no. +273 yes -273 no
I accidentally voted.
Quote Originally Posted by Lovroman View Post
Dave couldn't find a new/updated plugin when he updated the forum(most likely that's why, but I'm not really certain).
Yeah I recall someone else saying this too. Couldn't he update the plugin himself/ask someone on MPGH? I doubt it's much complex.
Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Yeah I recall someone else saying this too. Couldn't he update the plugin himself/ask someone on MPGH? I doubt it's much complex.
He could, but you know him..

Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post

If I missed anything, let me know.
This way, thumbs up here.
But what about the Lurkers+?
I've been on this forum for slightly over three years and on the RotMG section for about two years. I wouldn't consider myself a contributor, coder or very helpful member.
However I do believe that a section like this would need it's pair of 'fresh eyes' (Kappa) To be able to look at things from a different perspective, of in my case, a lurkers point of view...
Quote Originally Posted by 1TZANTZY View Post
But what about the Lurkers+?
I've been on this forum for slightly over three years and on the RotMG section for about two years. I wouldn't consider myself a contributor, coder or very helpful member.
However I do believe that a section like this would need it's pair of 'fresh eyes' (Kappa) To be able to look at things from a different perspective, of in my case, a lurkers point of view...
There is a huge abundance of lurkers, I'm sure we could find one who could audit without the shitty Twitch chat memes. That is literally the very immature (and non contributing) crap most people calling for this section want to get away from.
I like how some people think there is going to be some leet VIP hacks in the section. There is almost zero incentive to release anything in the would be private section.
Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
I like how some people think there is going to be some leet VIP hacks in the section. There is almost zero incentive to release anything in the would be private section.
Well, how about duping exploits, exploits in general, test hacks such as auto-bots, etc.

Who knows, might as well try and see.
Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post


Well, how about duping exploits, exploits in general, test hacks such as auto-bots, etc.

Who knows, might as well try and see.
There's still no incentive to release anything there. A) It will NEVER stay private. B) Releasing anything patchable in this game right now is the kiss of death to that exploit.

Just open it for people who aren't drooling idiots. See how it goes from there.
Quote Originally Posted by cehrenr View Post
There's still no incentive to release anything there. A) It will NEVER stay private. B) Releasing anything patchable in this game right now is the kiss of death to that exploit.

Just open it for people who aren't drooling idiots. See how it goes from there.
It may not stay permanently private, but it will be much harder to find it if it is released there.
Also, if you are not an idiot you will more than likely get in the section regardless of who you are.
Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post


It may not stay permanently private, but it will be much harder to find it if it is released there.
Also, if you are not an idiot you will more than likely get in the section regardless of who you are.
But what is an idiot? Someone who dosent develop or code?
Quote Originally Posted by Jorji Costava View Post
But what is an idiot? Someone who dosent develop or code?
Leechers, spammers, people who are useless to the community. Those types of people.
Quote Originally Posted by Raple View Post


Leechers, spammers, people who are useless to the community. Those types of people.
Wow... *speechless*
Posts 61–75 of 94 · Page 5 of 7
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?