Combat Arms .REZ Editing Tutorial

Posts 196–210 of 473 · Page 14 of 32
it would be cool if other people could see ur modded guns not stuff on the map cause that might lag everything. I Dont Think I Can Do This Because Im kinda A noob But Great Job!
just a question- HOW THE FUCK DO U EDIT THE GUNS OTHER PPL ARE HOLDING??????
Quote Originally Posted by 3-sum View Post
OK i got adobe photo shop cs4,gimp,and paint.Where exactly do i put the plug ins: msvcrtd.dll, msvcirtd.dll?

And where exactly do i put the: DTXFormat.8bi in the format folder.What is the name of the format folder?

and am i suppose to do something with the IMFLithDTX.dll or leave it alone?

Im a noob at doing this and trying to learn,thanks again
heres what you ahve to do with photoshop cs4:

1) put the msvcrtd.dll & the MSVCIRTD.DLL files in:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 if you have the windows vista 64 bit version
2) put the DTXFormat.8bi file (it is the file that has a blue lego block icon) in:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\File Formats or C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\File Formats
3) now open Adobe Photoshop CS4 not Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)
for some reason it doesn't work in the 64 bit version (at least for me it doesn't)
4) click file => open => choose the .dtx file that you converted from nexon type files to LithTech type files.
Quote Originally Posted by challengy View Post
heres what you ahve to do with photoshop cs4:

1) put the msvcrtd.dll & the MSVCIRTD.DLL files in:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 if you have the windows vista 64 bit version
2) put the DTXFormat.8bi file (it is the file that has a blue lego block icon) in:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\File Formats or C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\File Formats
3) now open Adobe Photoshop CS4 not Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)
for some reason it doesn't work in the 64 bit version (at least for me it doesn't)
4) click file => open => choose the .dtx file that you converted from nexon type files to LithTech type files.
Thanks for the info,is there a way you can tell me for Gimp and paint please.Those are programs i can use without having to pay for,Oh yea and i am running 64 bit to.Thanks again.
Quote Originally Posted by 3-sum View Post
Thanks for the info,is there a way you can tell me for Gimp and paint please.Those are programs i can use without having to pay for,Oh yea and i am running 64 bit to.Thanks again.
well you can download photoshop for free if you know where to look, but i don't think i can say it here because it may be advertising. this way of getting photoshop is like lime wire(illegal). ill try to see if i can figure out how to use MSpaint to edit. i don't have gimp
Quote Originally Posted by BounTieS View Post
Thats so awkward i tried putting it in Photoshop but it says "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."
Quote Originally Posted by jaskiiez20 View Post
i put everything in to the photoshop folder but i get this error why?

could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document
if you have vista 64bit don't run the adobe photoshop cs4 64bit. run the adobe photoshop cs4(not 64bit). the 64bit version doesn't open the .dtx files for some reason(for me it doesn't)
Ok, I followed all the instructions but I go in-game and my modifications don't show, what exactly do I do after I've injected it back in?
Quote Originally Posted by adstar82 View Post
Ok, I followed all the instructions but I go in-game and my modifications don't show, what exactly do I do after I've injected it back in?
did you take out the old .rez file and rename the .rezNEW file to .rez?

here is what you do:

1) use rezinject to inject your edited file(s) into the .rez file in the combatarms/game folder
2) when the injection is done, go to your combatarms/game folder and look for the .rez file that you injected your edited files to.
3) for example if you were injecting into GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez there should be a GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez and a GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rezNEW file.
4) take out the GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez file. you can either delete it or move it somewhere else(somewhere else that is not in the combat arms folder)
5) rename the GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rezNEW file to GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez by taking out the word NEW.
it should now look like this: GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez
I downloaded the ResHack, i could use it. But now he goes down when I open it ...
If someone can help me thanks you ...
anyone know how to get photoshop? pm me please if u do
i have a importend question :: i cannot edit the colours (i havent photoshop) but Gimp paint and so on but i cannot open this file
This is for photoshop, pretty sure theres a different method for people who don't have it.
Quote Originally Posted by Fighter_XXX View Post
i have a importend question :: i cannot edit the colours (i havent photoshop) but Gimp paint and so on but i cannot open this file
if you want to edit the colors you need photshop or gimp or paint. or if you mean that you have gimp and you can't open it, i think there is a turtorial for that here in mpgh.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Combat Arms .REZ Editing Tutorial

As many of you know the textures, sounds, and models can be edited in Combat Arms. However to do so you need a certain set of tools. These tools were created by our very own B1ackAnge1. Using these tools it is possible to essentially edit any aspect of the visual or audio experience of Combat Arms. I will explain how, but first I need to thank some people.

Credits:
BlackAngel(I will often refer to him as BA) - He created the tools that allows us to accomplish this.

Pspiso - He essentially lead they way for anyone to follow, and was the first person to use BA's tools to create a pack of edited textures. As you know I do not have Photoshop so we were previously depending on whitten to explain this to you all, but he proved to be a dumbass and never came through. Luckily pspiso did! And provided the majority of the pictures I will use in this tut. He also made a Video tutorial for you non-readers.

FatCat00 - Also provided some pictures of him editing in CS4 which proved me wrong. Thanks a lot.


What you will need:
You can either download all the tools off of BA's website or from the .rar I included in this thread. His site is:
ⓘ

You need:
  • The Plug-Ins: msvcrtd.dll, msvcirtd.dll, & DTXFormat.8bi
  • DTXConvert.exe
  • RezXtract.exe
  • RezInject.exe
  • DTXVeiw.exe (optional)


Put all these tools in the same folder. It should look like this when your done


Video:
Provided by: Pspiso http://www.mpgh.net/forum/172-combat...ml#post1268407

Editing Textures:
Ok lets get right into it. Follow these instructions:

1. Open up your Plugins folder which should contain all your plugins.
2. Here you can either follow the instruction on the ReadMe.txt provided in the plugins folder(if so skip to step 5) or if not I will restate it here.
3. Place msvcrtd.dll and msvcirtd.dll into your Photoshop Folder (plugin needs them.) DO NOT place them in any sub-folder.

4. Take DTXFormay.8bi from Plug-ins\File Format\ and place DTXFormat.8bi in your photoshop plugins file formats folder.

5. Next Run RezExtract.ext File>Open to Extract

6. Navigate to your Combat Arms folder and choose the .rez you would like to open up. (Say if I wanted to edit the texture on a pistol I would select:
GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez)

7. Now some stuff should appear on you ReXtract window. Thes are the files in the .rez you just opened up. RezExtract just created a new folder in you Combat Arms folder where all the files in the .rez have been extracted too.

8. Now Run DTXConvert.exe You will need to convert every texture file you plan to edit in Photoshop into a Lithtech File. DTXConvert allows you to do this. Just remember to convert any file you converted back to a Nexon DTX when your done.

9. DTXConvert > File > Open File or Open Folder> Then select the file or files in your newly extracted .rez in your Combat Arms folder that you would like to convert.

10. When you finish you should now be able to open that file in Photoshop and edit it. I do not have PS so I can not show you this, but hopefully it should work for you.


11. After editing the file you will need to convert it back once again using the DTXConvert, except this time select Nexon instead of Lithtech
12. Save the edited and converted file back in your original extracted .rez folder and get ready for the final part!
13. Run RezInject.exe

14. Select the .rez you would like to replace. By browsing for the filename of the original .rez file you extracted. In our case this would be GUNS_T_PV_Pistol.rez

15. Now click Add and select the File you edited. Make sure it has the EXACT same name as the original file in your extracted folder. RezInject will replace this file with your edited file of the same name.

16. Now Click Inject. It will pop up should say Injection Complete! Don't be worried. BA was smart enough not to destroy the original .rez just in case you would like to turn it back to normal. Instead was RezInject does is create a new .rez file with the extension .rezNew tacked on it.

17. Now all you have to do is change the extensing to .rez and your finished. You just edited a .rez file. Just make sure you do something with the original .rez before you change the extension and replace it with your edited one.

This same process can be used to edit sounds and perhaps models... though I'm not sure.

Examples
PICTURES PROVIDED BY: PSPISO





VirusScans:
ResHacker.rar VirusTotalⓘ VirusScanⓘ
Plug-Ins.rar VirusTotalⓘ VirusScanⓘ
Your converter doesnt do ahit can you help?!?!?!!! i have photoshop CS4
Quote Originally Posted by Gamewiz0070 View Post
Your converter doesnt do ahit can you help?!?!?!!! i have photoshop CS4
No. Stop quouting the whole damn post. I hate having to scrool down the entire page to see what someone wrote. =/

Anyway it may not work on CS4. I know when I was testing it on my brothers computers he had similar problems, but he might have done it wrong. I don't have PS personally so I don't know why in some situations it works and others it doesn't.

Did you add the plug-ins?
Posts 196–210 of 473 · Page 14 of 32
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us