QuestionHow many programming languages do you know?

Posts 1–15 of 38 · Page 1 of 3
How many programming languages do you know?
Just interested.
Programming:
-C# (Actually focusing on it and .net framework)
-php (Abandoned for now, i was pretty good with it)
-Javascript (Good skill, i love jquery)
-Perl, Java, lua (Low skill each one, with perl i know how to use the lwp library, i have a general knowledge of java and with lua i scripted some mod)

Markup:
-html (Good skill)
-css (Medium skill, i hate it)
-xml (Medium skill)
-json (Good skill)

Interrogation:
-sql (Medium skill)
Seven.
PHP
SQL
HTML
JAVASCRIPT
VB.NET
BATCH
A Small Bit of Java.
3.

C and C++
16 Bit Intel Assembly Language
Java.

Though I strongly dislike Java. Especially considering I am being forced to learn it. Just makes it all the less enjoyable.
I only know Some Java

I also know HTML, but this is considered Markup.
Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
I only know 2

Some Java
Quite a bit of HTML.
html isn't even programming, it's markup.
C++ - I'm basic at it though
Basic - Ha. I know the basic shit great.
F#
C#
VB (6 and .NET)
Java
JavaScript (+ jQuery)
PHP
Ruby (+ Rails)
ColdFusion
Intel x86 assembly (very, VERY basic level)
C/C++
SQL (if you'd even count that as a programming language)

There are probably some more that I've forgotten. At this point picking up new languages doesn't seem to take too long. I'm interested in getting into Python but never seem to find the time.

My strongest/most frequently used languages would probably be:
C# (and by extension I guess I'm fairly strong with VB.NET, though I don't like using it)
C/C++
PHP + JavaScript (I rate them together because I use them at the same time)
ColdFusion (forced to use it pretty much every day at work)
PHP is the only real LANGUAGE I know enough to say I'm confident. dabbled in javascript etc
Ok when you want to know

Assembly Language (70 - 80 %)
AutoIt (50 %)
C (100 %) // Think it's almost a little bit the same
C++ (100%) // Think it's almost a little bit the same
C# (.NET) (50 %)
VB.NET (50 %)
Phyton (10 %)
JavaScript (30 %)
Java (40 %)
Pascal (5 % xD)
ActionScript (1 %)
Quote Originally Posted by _PuRe.LucK* View Post
Ok when you want to know

Assembly Language (70 - 80 %)
AutoIt (50 %)
C (100 %) // Think it's almost a little bit the same
C++ (100%) // Think it's almost a little bit the same
C# (.NET) (50 %)
VB.NET (50 %)
Phyton (10 %)
JavaScript (30 %)
Java (40 %)
Pascal (5 % xD)
ActionScript (1 %)
Don't see the point in doing all that, you will get no benefit out of knowing languages are 30-60%... Why not gain knowledge of one and move on to another.
Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcG View Post
Don't see the point in doing all that, you will get no benefit out of knowing languages are 30-60%... Why not gain knowledge of one and move on to another.
The fact of the matter is that 30-60% is FAR more realistic than his claims of 100%. He does not know 100% of C++, nor would he actually know CLOSE to 70-80% of assembly. Anyone claiming to know a "percentage" of a language usually has no idea what they're talking about; those that claim they know "100%" of a language are just plain full of shit.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


The fact of the matter is that 30-60% is FAR more realistic than his claims of 100%. He does not know 100% of C++, nor would he actually know CLOSE to 70-80% of assembly. Anyone claiming to know a "percentage" of a language usually has no idea what they're talking about; those that claim they know "100%" of a language are just plain full of shit.
Lower grade languages like css and html you can easily get 100%, well not easily but much more realistic then say in php or c++ but I see where you are coming from.
Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcG View Post
Lower grade languages like css and html you can easily get 100%, well not easily but much more realistic then say in php or c++ but I see where you are coming from.
CSS/HTML are not "programming" languages, kind of a moot point. Even so, you'd be surprised at how many people would claim "100%" knowledge of HTML yet fail to give adequate examples of proper semantic markup.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post


CSS/HTML are not "programming" languages, kind of a moot point. Even so, you'd be surprised at how many people would claim "100%" knowledge of HTML yet fail to give adequate examples of proper semantic markup.
They infact fall under a language, I put lower grade for people who refer to them as not real languages / markup.
Posts 1–15 of 38 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us